Should Mark Ruffalo play Hulk in Hulk 2?

gzilla46

Civilian
Reaction score
Do you think that if they decide to a second 'Incredible Hulk' movie, should Mark Ruffalo play the lead? What do you think?

Discuss.

Considering he signed a six-picture deal with Marvel, I can't think of any reason why he wouldn't.

One more Hulk movie to sort of send the character on his jolly way. Needs to be epic. TDKR esque and not relegated to just the city or a neutralized threat. Something global without involving Avengers per say. Basically a definitive Hulk movie just as good or better than Spiderman 2, X-2, and TDK.

And maybe a couple more ensemble movies. Either Avengers 2 or Defenders or both.

Contract aside, I dont think Mark Ruffalo's Bruce Banner could carry a movie on his own. That's just my opinion. I think he would make a better option as a secondary character in other movies.

This shouldn't even need to be answered, 100 times YES

This is a dumb thread, of course he would be cast in a Hulk sequel if it were to happen.

I don't see another hulk film anytime soon however. Marvel's already taken two shots at a solo film and they both under-performed while hulk's supporting role in the avengers was a great success.

So i think marvel's taken the hint on which direction to keep hulk in.

I really think they should keep the tradition alive and have a different actor playing Bruce Banner every time he pops up.

Uhhh yeah, Mr. Mark Ruffalol was teh bombz. Seriously though, yeah he should, he played a great banner and would awesome to see on the big screen standing off with the leader.

Mark Ruffalo's six movie contract should include Avengers 1-3 and Defenders 1-3.

Mark Ruffalo's six movie contract should include Avengers 1-3 and Defenders 1-3.

Seriously, there should be a moratorium on posting about Defenders movies without including an explanation on how you would sell a Defenders movie to the general audience as something worth caring about. "Exactly like the Avengers only bigger" is not going to cut it.

I don't see another hulk film anytime soon however. Marvel's already taken two shots at a solo film and they both under-performed while hulk's supporting role in the avengers was a great success.

So i think marvel's taken the hint on which direction to keep hulk in.

Why did Hulk's solo fiilms not do as well at the box office. I mean, both films did make a lot of money, but nowhere near as much as Iron man did. What's up with that?

I really think they should keep the tradition alive and have a different actor playing Bruce Banner every time he pops up.

What's wrong with Mark Ruffalo playing the lead if Hulk 2 happens.

Of course he should. I fully expect him to be Jade Jaws whenever they decide to churn out the next solo film.

Why did Hulk's solo fiilms not do as well at the box office. I mean, both films did make a lot of money, but nowhere near as much as Iron man did. What's up with that?
They made neither Banner nor the Hulk all that likeable. I'm okay with Banner not being too likeable, but a mindless, voiceless Hulk is way less fun than a Hulk with personality. They got closer to that personality in Avengers, but they've still stuck to the mindless rage beast for the most part. I think a Hulk movie where Hulk actually has a personality separate and often counter to Banner's would be much better received.

Mark IS Bruce Banner as part as i'm concerned...and i'm thankful they had him sign a multi pic deal. :)

Of course! What kind of stupid question is this?

Audiences thought the first one was too slow and boring, and the second was poorly marketed, lost in the shadow of Iron Man, and confused people as to whether it was a sequel to the Ang Lee version that they didn't like.

Now that The Avengers broke summer records and Hulk was one of if not the standout character in the film, I think a Mark Ruffalo Hulk film could carry over much of that same audience and be quite successful.

Ummmmmm.....yes. Yes. And DUH YES!

Hopefully, Marvel recasts Bruce Banner just to keep the trend going like EON did with Felix Leiter.

Personally, I didn't care for Ruffalo's performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"