What you didn't like about Ant-Man - Flaws/Critiques

And when Scott used the ping pong paddle.. which was one of favorite scenes... shouldn't that paddle have smashed to pieces since Scott and and Cross were denting metal and cracking tiles just by falling on them? ... the continuity of the science was realllllyyyyy bad... but that's the engineer of me after watching it three times, lol....

Lol I thought the same thing but I believe this falls under the "rule of cool."

Another Marvel movie where a perfectly well-done dramatic scene is ruined by a unless joke: Scott's "Well isn't this awesome? Everyone is bonding" line after Hope learns the truth about her mother's fate. Even the characters themselves make note on the bad timing. I really hate when they kill the vibe like that. Marvel tends to do it a lot.

I felt a lot of the dialog in the early scenes were a bit too on the nose for my tastes. I prefer how they delivered exposition in Iron Man for example by relying heavily on improv they were able to de-clunk the writing and render it to come across as smooth and believable. Here Reed didn't have the same approach and things came off a tad clunky at times. You really have to wait until the heist elements begin to emerge before this film starts to take off. That's my main complaint with this movie as it was in GotG(that both had clunky parts). The difference here is that it eventually does take off and then the clunky stuff is left behind. In GotG it was more evenly peppered through the whole movie all the way to the end. In Ant-Man, the last half of the movie is considerably better than the first half. First half runs around at a 6.5/10 and the last half is more like a 9/10.

If Hope is going to be the MCU's main Wasp, then while I understand that she was estranged from her father and putting on a tough exterior, I do wish she was more playful and fun. Janet is known for being more happy-go-lucky and more of a bubbly character. Hope wasn't really that, but played more of the straight woman to Scott.

I want to see a Wasp that is wisecracking and revels in being a superhero and is a lot of fun. But Hope would have to seriously mellow out to have that kind of personality in a future instalment.

It's possible we could have 2 of each. I'd love a retro show about the adventures of Hank & Janet.

As someone who HATES copycat characters, I don't think Marvel needs 4 people that can shrink to the size of an insect. Personally, I don't want Janet to ever be seen again.

I want to see a Wasp that is wisecracking and revels in being a superhero and is a lot of fun. But Hope would have to seriously mellow out to have that kind of personality in a future instalment.

The writing for Black Widow's character has been tonally all over the map from film to film, so I wouldn't discount Wasp suddenly being fun-loving and wisecracking in a subsequent movie.

Another Marvel movie where a perfectly well-done dramatic scene is ruined by a unless joke: Scott's "Well isn't this awesome? Everyone is bonding" line after Hope learns the truth about her mother's fate. Even the characters themselves make note on the bad timing. I really hate when they kill the vibe like that. Marvel tends to do it a lot.

That did sort of get laughs at my screening though. It was clearly an intentional thing, even though I sort of agree with what you said because the scene itself between Hank and Hope was really quite affecting, and did its job, and then Scott does that line which interrupts it, so yeah, it felt weird, but at the same time conjured the response they were going for all the same...

No they don't need to explore Hank and Janet. I don't think it's necessary. Scott and Hope is fine they just need to make them be a bit more relaxed and not seem so forced. Also give Evangeline long her. That wig wasn't good on her. Aged her too much. She has this gorgeous face and the cut just seemed too weird on her.

As someone who HATES copycat characters, I don't think Marvel needs 4 people that can shrink to the size of an insect. Personally, I don't want Janet to ever be seen again.

What's wrong with her showing up again? If she is rescued from the microverse, then presumably she would probably retire anyway like Hank Pym. It's not like he's one of these size changers now. So there would only be 2 shrinkers with Scott and Hope.

Of course, Janet's Wasp could use her other rarely-used comic power which is growing.

No they don't need to explore Hank and Janet. I don't think it's necessary. Scott and Hope is fine they just need to make them be a bit more relaxed and not seem so forced. Also give Evangeline long her. That wig wasn't good on her. Aged her too much. She has this gorgeous face and the cut just seemed too weird on her.

Evangeline actually said that she chose that kind of hairstyle to look more severe and no nonsense to reflect that aspect of her character at that point.

[YT]VMfJggqwltE[/YT]

But I do agree. Her hairstyle in real life looks better than her hairstyle in the film. That bob she's sporting is a little too stiff and somewhat harsh. It doesn't need to be long, but just like she has in the video instead of the very stiff and thick bob.

Yeah it makes sense for the character. She looked great in that interview. She just made me love what she did more because she did so much for her character. Great to see she worked hard on her character and giving her layers.

What's wrong with her showing up again? If she is rescued from the microverse, then presumably she would probably retire anyway like Hank Pym. It's not like he's one of these size changers now. So there would only be 2 shrinkers with Scott and Hope.

Of course, Janet's Wasp could use her other rarely-used comic power which is growing.

There is a mention in Ant-Man that time operates differently in the quantum realm...so it would be possible for Janet to come out of that realm as young as when she went in. I would not want that.

And as far as growing goes...I can see Ant-Man expanding his power set by growing large once in a big action scene.

There is a mention in Ant-Man that time operates differently in the quantum realm...so it would be possible for Janet to come out of that realm as young as when she went in. I would not want that.

And as far as growing goes...I can see Ant-Man expanding his power set by growing large once in a big action scene.

Well it depends how young she was when she went in there. If this happened in the 80s, then Hank Pym would've been around the same age he was in the opening sequence, which had him around Wall Street age in his forties.

Michael Douglas said he would like Catherine Zeta Jones to play Janet if they made a sequel. She is in her mid forties already at the moment, and would even be in her late forties if a sequel did eventually get made. They could say she was around the same age as Pym when she was trapped in there, which would make her around Zeta Jones's age. So the actual age gap between them in real life could be explained away in the MCU by saying she was trapped in there while he has aged, but they were both the same age in the movies unlike in real life.

She could potentially choose to continue as the Wasp, but it's unlikely she would, because she's been stuck in her own little Quantum of Solace for all these years and probably wants to leave that part of her life behind.

I didn't like how at the end they made Scott say "I can't remember anything about subatomic" It just felt like lazy screenwriting how they just skipped that issue so quickly.

I hope they update that look of that Wasp outfit... Keep it black and yellow/gold.

I figured this was Whedon Syndrome

- Darren Cross was another weak Marvel villain. Though, this one was expected since he's been in like 2 comics.

- Falcon scene felt a bit forced. They should've talked a bit more about the Avengers beforehand to establish to new viewers that this is a world with other superheroes in it

- Darren Cross was another weak Marvel villain. Though, this one was expected since he's been in like 2 comics.

- Falcon scene felt a bit forced. They should've talked a bit more about the Avengers beforehand to establish to new viewers that this is a world with other superheroes in it

1. I agree he was underdeveloped but I didn't mind too much considering he was very threatening and intimidating!
2. I agree, he was just thrown in there for a cameo and if the scene was cut it wouldnt change the story in any way

Ending was ruined by Luis' voiceover. Made Falcon/Mackie look... dumb. First one wasn't funny either.

Marvel movies can't seem to stand dramatic tension. They always break the moment with comic relief.

Darren Cross, he's just a bad guy, not much depth to his character.

There is his relationship with Hank, but it's only mentioned, never well developed. Every time we see him he's doing an evil act. We never get to see he's real personality, how his mind was really affected by the particles.

He had potential, but it was wasted, IMO.

I think that Scott should've been allowed to steal the Yellowjacket suit in the script during the heist, and then would start his escape. But then he should've eventually been captured or forced to surrender when Darren Cross demanded that he returned it by holding a gun to both Hank and Hope's heads. That way, they would have actually partially pulled off a heist and something would have been stolen. Then it could have proceeded as it did for the rest of the movie.

Would've also been nice if the new prototype Wasp suit wasn't only shown in the end credits but was something that Hank had shrunken down and was carrying, and he allowed Hope to wear it in the end sequence to assist with the heist or the escape.

Scotts ex wifes boyfriend chasing him and his crew around .Waste of time and film

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"