What's the dating scene Like? I'm lost, to be honest.

captainrogers

Diluted SuperSoldier
Reaction score
Hey, figured I'd make a thread to get my peers opinions/thoughts, mayhaps get a few laughs.
Been seperated for a while. Am still legally married, but only until the 'wife' finishes up her schooling in a couple of months, so she has the available resources to get a job and not ONLY depend on my meager income. We could have divorced months ago, but I'd like to make sure I did everything I could to set her up for some sort of financial advantage for herself and my daughter.
PLUS: I get to have my little girl live with me for some more time. (she is my world)
recently, I've tried to get back out there, but, to be honest, I'm lost.
I'm suffer from shyness, a bit of a lack of self confidence, but I'm working on those things.
And yes, I tell people my situation. My 'wife' and I agreed that we could start dating as long as we didn't 'flaunt' it in eachothers facebooks & whatnot.
What's appropriate anymore? Whats too 'cheesy'? When do you reveal that you may have an overabundance of comic collectables? ;)
I'm almost 31 years old, and I havent been on a proper first date since 2005.
Crom...it's been a while.
:yay:

I think you could try online dating. It can go either way but lately I've had success with it. I met my girlfriend on plenty of fish. It's an easy way to get out there.

As for comic obsession I think it's best to keep it low key for the first few dates. Most women don't care if they get to know you a bit first.

I think you could try online dating. It can go either way but lately I've had success with it. I met my girlfriend on plenty of fish. It's an easy way to get out there.

As for comic obsession I think it's best to keep it low key for the first few dates. Most women don't care if they get to know you a bit first.
Oh you too? :awesome:

But online dating might be a bad idea for someone with low self-confidence, because guys are at a natural disadvantage there if you're counting sheer numbers. We women get pick of the the guys online, and having self-confidence is actually quite a plus. Not saying that my fiance is like, a super-macho James Dean character, but he doesn't apologize for what he does and he's very open, honest, and direct. That's what made his profile stand out from the others. I mean, besides the fact I thought he was cute. :oldrazz:

I also know several shy people who met their partners taking a class or some kind of sustained group activity. Dance class, college, tae kwon do...just something that gets you interacting with people and that doesn't require you to act like "the star" when you're there.

Yeah, an "obsession" is not a big deal as long as she's already seen that you're sane.

Most women don't care if they get to know you a bit first.
g.gif

Yeah haven't you seen The 40-Year Old Virgin?

600full-a-night-at-the-roxbury-photo.jpg

No, but you'll be fine. Hit the bars, go online, join a club, walk a dog through a park. Confidence is indeed key. Everything else is just hogwash.

Stalking worked for me. Just ask the four girls tied to radiators in my attic! We have a very healthy give/take relationship.

I've been online dating for about 6 months now, Confidence is everything online also being direct, funny and honest. So I agree with Anita18. You can't expect her to open up if you don't. NEVER ask a woman to call or text you first. Be a man, take the lead. Don't email back and for weeks on end. After 3-4 emails, get a number and call her the next night and ask her out.

Hey, figured I'd make a thread to get my peers opinions/thoughts, mayhaps get a few laughs.
Been seperated for a while. Am still legally married, but only until the 'wife' finishes up her schooling in a couple of months, so she has the available resources to get a job and not ONLY depend on my meager income. We could have divorced months ago, but I'd like to make sure I did everything I could to set her up for some sort of financial advantage for herself and my daughter.
PLUS: I get to have my little girl live with me for some more time. (she is my world)
recently, I've tried to get back out there, but, to be honest, I'm lost.
I'm suffer from shyness, a bit of a lack of self confidence, but I'm working on those things.
And yes, I tell people my situation. My 'wife' and I agreed that we could start dating as long as we didn't 'flaunt' it in eachothers facebooks & whatnot.
What's appropriate anymore? Whats too 'cheesy'? When do you reveal that you may have an overabundance of comic collectables? ;)
I'm almost 31 years old, and I havent been on a proper first date since 2005.
Crom...it's been a while.
:yay:

Being into comic books is nothing to be embarassed about! Tell her on the first date ! If she says "What do you like to do in your spare time" say " I'm extremely passionate about comic books and all things superheroes!! I just love that stuff!!!!" it's all about how you say things, not what you say.

Being into comic books is nothing to be embarassed about! Tell her on the first date ! If she says "What do you like to do in your spare time" say " I'm extremely passionate about comic books and all things superheroes!! I just love that stuff!!!!" it's all about how you say things, not what you say.

Agreed. A girl I dated from online said I shouldn't be ashamed of my "geekiness" but proud.

A LOT of what you perceive on girl availability will be based on your mental state as well. I've never had luck online, and I've personally come to hate it (my last date kept texting at the Olive Garden).

I can't offer you much in the way of advice, captainrogers, but I must raise a glass to you for the very classy and cordial way you are handling the dissolution of your marriage. :up:

Aren't you the dude that literally looks like Captain America? :o

I can't offer you much in the way of advice, captainrogers, but I must raise a glass to you for the very classy and cordial way you are handling the dissolution of your marriage. :up:

Appreciate that.
My daughter comes first, and I just want the adjustment to go as smoothly as possible

I the type of guy that's quiet, hangs back and assesses the people and situation in a group.
I'm actually pretty confident and outgoing once I feel the need to speak.
It's when I speak to a female I'm attracted to, that I initially get toungue tied.
I just need to work that into the dating scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"