I'm proud to be English

A.J.Rimmer(BSC)

Sidekick
Reaction score
As I produce this thread I am in Poland. The time is 4.30 am.

I came here for a good time. I had a good time (thanks largely due to my mates).

However, this country is utter crap. The gothic architecture is lovely. The bars are generally well decorated but other than that I hate it here.

I have never been witness to such racism. I am admittedly white, and I have never been racist in my life. I find the utter notion disgusting.

I have had non stop abuse since I arrived here. I have had polish workers back in England and they have generally been superb to work with. But the racism I have witnessed over this weekend has been disgusting. English holiday makers provide the Polish economy with lots of hard earned cash.

But over this weekend I have been ignored, abused, threatened and pushed around. All because I come from England. My behavior has been impeccable, especially for a 'drinking' weekend. I don't want to generalise because that is the seed of racism, but no matter where we went the service was disgusting. We were pushed to the back at the bar, dance floor, restaurants, everywhere.

But the ultimate indignity came in McDonalds. Someone threw a burger on the floor. Immediately the bouncers came over, spotted me and demanded I suffer the indignity of cleaning the crap up. 5 bouncers on 1 22 year old bloke, threatening to bring in the surrounding Police if I wasn't their b*tch and laughing all the way. I tidied it up but thats not the point. BE WEARY IF YOU GO.

You may think I'm racist against poles. I'm not. If I get banned, I'll come back with a different (probably better) name. I'm just surprised and appalled. I'm quite young and have never experienced racism before. Any Hype!ster who has experienced racism, I now understand. I have so much respect for anyone who stands up to racism and beats it down. We English support anti racism overall quite well being a multi cultural nation, and I've said boo to racism before, but now I've experienced it first hand from the entire city of Krakow, I truly understand.

I have to express myself I'm that furious. You may think I'm a moaner, any polish posters may think i'm racist as well, sorry but I'm not. Thanks if you cared to read any of this. My normal mild postage rate will hopefully continue as of Tuesday.

Why are there bouncers in McDonalds?

Extra kudos for the utterly sick avvy, Socko. An opinion?

Thank you for the compliment :up:

I actually just dropped in the thread for my +1 as you can see, that first response was posted within the same minute as when you posted the thread and I was replying directly to the title. But I just read it.

I had no idea the Polish would be racist/nationalist against the English. Is there a reason for this? Jealousy, eh?

Why are there bouncers in McDonalds?

Poland is a strange place, my good man.

Money. The think we are flouncers who splash the cash and pinch there women. I am not. I'm skint and happily with the same girlfriend since I was 14.

Aah Matt, you are a reliable, honest poster. As for your enquiry, I have utterly no idea why there are bouncers at Mcdonalds, but there are, and they are swiftly accompanied by rock solid police nutters.

Also Americans rock. The only friendly faces around here are english, yanks and other primary english users.

As I produce this thread I am in Poland. The time is 4.30 am.

I came here for a good time. I had a good time (thanks largely due to my mates).

However, this country is utter crap. The gothic architecture is lovely. The bars are generally well decorated but other than that I hate it here.

I have never been witness to such racism. I am admittedly white, and I have never been racist in my life. I find the utter notion disgusting.

I have had non stop abuse since I arrived here. I have had polish workers back in England and they have generally been superb to work with. But the racism I have witnessed over this weekend has been disgusting. English holiday makers provide the Polish economy with lots of hard earned cash.

But over this weekend I have been ignored, abused, threatened and pushed around. All because I come from England. My behavior has been impeccable, especially for a 'drinking' weekend. I don't want to generalise because that is the seed of racism, but no matter where we went the service was disgusting. We were pushed to the back at the bar, dance floor, restaurants, everywhere.

But the ultimate indignity came in McDonalds. Someone threw a burger on the floor. Immediately the bouncers came over, spotted me and demanded I suffer the indignity of cleaning the crap up. 5 bouncers on 1 22 year old bloke, threatening to bring in the surrounding Police if I wasn't their b*tch and laughing all the way. I tidied it up but thats not the point. BE WEARY IF YOU GO.

You may think I'm racist against poles. I'm not. If I get banned, I'll come back with a different (probably better) name. I'm just surprised and appalled. I'm quite young and have never experienced racism before. Any Hype!ster who has experienced racism, I now understand. I have so much respect for anyone who stands up to racism and beats it down. We English support anti racism overall quite well being a multi cultural nation, and I've said boo to racism before, but now I've experienced it first hand from the entire city of Krakow, I truly understand.

I have to express myself I'm that furious. You may think I'm a moaner, any polish posters may think i'm racist as well, sorry but I'm not. Thanks if you cared to read any of this. My normal mild postage rate will hopefully continue as of Tuesday.

Disliking British people isn't racism, they're *******s just not racist *******s.

I dunno, they see your clothes and listen to you speak THEN they turn into ****ers.

McKellen owns. When will I see his Lear? Probably never. :(

McKellen owns. When will I see his Lear? Probably never. :(

To steer completely off topic as you have, I have yet to Sir Ian perform as the King either, but I will even, if it means I must hijack nuclear warheads and hold the world hostage for $1,000,000,000.

Sorry. My wife comes from a long line of Polish and I'm a Brit Wannabe, so I'm obviously avoiding the topic here.

Actually, I think I'm more of a communist, but...

Wow sounds like a bad time, I didn't expect that from Poland, like you said I have also worked with some Pols and there where nice and fine to work with .

But I bet you will be happy to get home and bounchers at MD why lol.

I'm really sorry to hear about experiences like that. However, it's no need to judge a nation because of a few. I'm not looking for excuses for the polish people that treated A.J bad. It's the worst thing not to be able to be nice to somebody. It doesn't cost much. Actually, it doesn't cost you anything. I know that Poland suffered a lot in its history and The Great Powers of the west didn't care much. The polish people of today may see the westerners as arogant people that treat them like inferiors. I'm not sure, it's just a theory. Their country was at the mercy of the powers of the world for many times. And things like that are never easy to forget. It's not an excuse to treat innocent people, especially tourists, like that. But still things like that happen. I just want to ask A.J. to forgive and try to let this go. It's not easy, things like that hurt a lot, I know from experience,but we must try to be strong and understanding. There's too much hatred in this world.

oh...english is it...i see...i see...

sorry to hear about the McD's thing but meh...most country's are freaky and sucky...look at wales...

I'm really sorry to hear about experiences like that. However, it's no need to judge a nation because of a few. I'm not looking for excuses for the polish people that treated A.J bad. It's the worst thing not to be able to be nice to somebody. It doesn't cost much. Actually, it doesn't cost you anything. I know that Poland suffered a lot in its history and The Great Powers of the west didn't care much. The polish people of today may see the westerners as arogant people that treat them like inferiors. I'm not sure, it's just a theory. Their country was at the mercy of the powers of the world for many times. And things like that are never easy to forget. It's not an excuse to treat innocent people, especially tourists, like that. But still things like that happen. I just want to ask A.J. to forgive and try to let this go. It's not easy, things like that hurt a lot, I know from experience,but we must try to be strong and understanding. There's too much hatred in this world.

I think he made himself quite clear in regards to generalising what he was saying. He spoke clearly about his experience and did not, at any point IMO, generalise and condem the polish.

Yeah man. I am 1/4 british and I speak english. I aint going to go as far as saying Americans think theyre the best country in the whole friggan world.

I think he made himself quite clear in regards to generalising what he was saying. He spoke clearly about his experience and did not, at any point IMO, generalise and condem the polish.

He also said the country is utter crap. I can understand why he said that. He feels lonely in a foreign country and thinks everybody there hates him. I hope he'll have a better experience in the future.

He also said the country is utter crap. I can understand why he said that. He feels lonely in a foreign country and thinks everybody there hates him. I hope he'll have a better experience in the future.

I don't have to go there to know it's crap; I watch them come here by the ship load and get made to believe the fact. I'm not in any way knocking the polish people, I'm just saying that if the place was that great then they wouldn't come her (England).

I don't have to go there to know it's crap; I watch them come here by the ship load and get made to believe the fact. I'm not in any way knocking the polish people, I'm just saying that if the place was that great then they wouldn't come her (England).

Eggy, try not to see things like that. Just try to be open-mided, please. The situation there can't be good. Too many years of communism can do huge incredible damages and leave a country on its knees. Things like healing take a lot of time. And desperate people do desperate things like leaving their country for another in search for a better place to work, hoping that they'll be able to offer their children a better future. It's just like that. Poland was a great country once and also my country's neighbour. Now, it's right in the centre of Europe (what does that tell you?). I have faith in Poland. It will find its path.

Oh yeah, I agree -- please don't think I was bad-mouthing them in any way. All I meant was that there has to be some reason they are all leaving. Countries -- most, if not all -- go through bad patches, and it is a testiment to the polish for finding a way to fight against it. Mankind are survivors, and that's what I see the polish doing now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"