I'm proud to be English

As I produce this thread I am in Poland. The time is 4.30 am.

I came here for a good time. I had a good time (thanks largely due to my mates).

However, this country is utter crap. The gothic architecture is lovely. The bars are generally well decorated but other than that I hate it here.

I have never been witness to such racism. I am admittedly white, and I have never been racist in my life. I find the utter notion disgusting.

I have had non stop abuse since I arrived here. I have had polish workers back in England and they have generally been superb to work with. But the racism I have witnessed over this weekend has been disgusting. English holiday makers provide the Polish economy with lots of hard earned cash.

But over this weekend I have been ignored, abused, threatened and pushed around. All because I come from England. My behavior has been impeccable, especially for a 'drinking' weekend. I don't want to generalise because that is the seed of racism, but no matter where we went the service was disgusting. We were pushed to the back at the bar, dance floor, restaurants, everywhere.

But the ultimate indignity came in McDonalds. Someone threw a burger on the floor. Immediately the bouncers came over, spotted me and demanded I suffer the indignity of cleaning the crap up. 5 bouncers on 1 22 year old bloke, threatening to bring in the surrounding Police if I wasn't their b*tch and laughing all the way. I tidied it up but thats not the point. BE WEARY IF YOU GO.

You may think I'm racist against poles. I'm not. If I get banned, I'll come back with a different (probably better) name. I'm just surprised and appalled. I'm quite young and have never experienced racism before. Any Hype!ster who has experienced racism, I now understand. I have so much respect for anyone who stands up to racism and beats it down. We English support anti racism overall quite well being a multi cultural nation, and I've said boo to racism before, but now I've experienced it first hand from the entire city of Krakow, I truly understand.

I have to express myself I'm that furious. You may think I'm a moaner, any polish posters may think i'm racist as well, sorry but I'm not. Thanks if you cared to read any of this. My normal mild postage rate will hopefully continue as of Tuesday.

I can understand your anger and fraustration at such indignity.

However, why does that make you proud to be English?

Are we not an overweight nation of chavs, hooligans, lazy parents with multiple out-of-control kids? Are we not stabbing and shooting each other in the streets?

England is a relatively good country to live in. Compaed to some places in the world, it's paradise. However, it's not something to be proud of at the moment.

I can understand your anger and fraustration at such indignity.

However, why does that make you proud to be English?

Are we not an overweight nation of chavs, hooligans, lazy parents with multiple out-of-control kids? Are we not stabbing and shooting each other in the streets?

England is a relatively good country to live in. Compaed to some places in the world, it's paradise. However, it's not something to be proud of at the moment.

Eyar innit, wot izzit ya tawkin bout yo?

Oh yeah, I agree -- please don't think I was bad-mouthing them in any way. All I meant was that there has to be some reason they are all leaving. Countries -- most, if not all -- go through bad patches, and it is a testiment to the polish for finding a way to fight against it. Mankind are survivors, and that's what I see the polish doing now.

Well, I told you what I thought the reason was. I wouldn't do that for nothing in the world, leaving I mean. But then again, I don't have a family of my own. Yes, mankind always suvives and God knows polish know a lot about surviving.Again, treating other people bad is mean. So I can understand A.J right now. I just hope this won't ever happen to him again.

Eyar innit, wot izzit ya tawkin bout yo?

I just realised the unfortunate irony that while many female chavs are fat, most of the male chavs are not. The problem would solve itself if they were too fat to run after people.

I'll have you know i have not been stabbed or shot once. I know no hooligans and don't associate myself with chavs. :woot:

I just realised the unfortunate irony that while many female chavs are fat, most of the male chavs are not. The problem would solve itself if they were too fat to run after people.

Yeh, either that or the goverment stopped giving them money for drugs and creates of stella. Oh, and they should start castrating some of the [insert prefered derogitory name for chavs] so that they would stop spawning little monsters that in ten years will be ruling the streets -- robbin' grannies and such.

Manchester -- just like everywhere, I imagine -- is over-run by them at present. :cmad:

I came here for a good time. I had a good time (thanks largely due to my mates).

However, this country is utter crap. The gothic architecture is lovely. The bars are generally well decorated but other than that I hate it here.

I have never been witness to such racism. I am admittedly white, and I have never been racist in my life. I find the utter notion disgusting.

I have had non stop abuse since I arrived here. I have had polish workers back in England and they have generally been superb to work with. But the racism I have witnessed over this weekend has been disgusting. English holiday makers provide the Polish economy with lots of hard earned cash.

But over this weekend I have been ignored, abused, threatened and pushed around. All because I come from England. My behavior has been impeccable, especially for a 'drinking' weekend. I don't want to generalise because that is the seed of racism, but no matter where we went the service was disgusting. We were pushed to the back at the bar, dance floor, restaurants, everywhere.

But the ultimate indignity came in McDonalds. Someone threw a burger on the floor. Immediately the bouncers came over, spotted me and demanded I suffer the indignity of cleaning the crap up. 5 bouncers on 1 22 year old bloke, threatening to bring in the surrounding Police if I wasn't their b*tch and laughing all the way. I tidied it up but thats not the point. BE WEARY IF YOU GO.

You may think I'm racist against poles. I'm not. If I get banned, I'll come back with a different (probably better) name. I'm just surprised and appalled. I'm quite young and have never experienced racism before. Any Hype!ster who has experienced racism, I now understand. I have so much respect for anyone who stands up to racism and beats it down. We English support anti racism overall quite well being a multi cultural nation, and I've said boo to racism before, but now I've experienced it first hand from the entire city of Krakow, I truly understand.

I have to express myself I'm that furious. You may think I'm a moaner, any polish posters may think i'm racist as well, sorry but I'm not. Thanks if you cared to read any of this. My normal mild postage rate will hopefully continue as of Tuesday.

I think perhaps they gave you a hard time because they think British people are derogatory to the polish. We are not but they probabley heard about Daily Mail articals about Immigration and stuff like that and thought that perhaps thats the general view of eastern europeans, which it is not.

Not to mention every comedy sketch show and comedian in britain has some joke about how great Polish Plumbers and Builders are. As well as how much cheaper than British plumbers and builders. I don't think its racist or anything its just that to British people Polish people are known for being hard workers. Although to some polish people that may come across as kind of derogatory as they may take it as we think they will work long hours for smaller pay than british people and that we look down on them. We don't but you could see how they might get that idea.

They probabley think we are all like this guy :huh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvKC7esDO90

However, this country is utter crap. The gothic architecture is lovely..

Poland is near the Russian boarder,you should have expected some rough housing from time to time.But are you Polish,who moved to England?Or just a Englishman who had a bad experience in Poland?

I thank the English for bringing about the U.S.A.

I find this amazing. As I understand it alot of Polish and other Eastern European people are flocking to work in the UK yes as it enables them to earn higher wages?

So they're willing to take money out of the England to send home, but are then unwilling to welcome English into their own country who are in theory boosting the economy through tourism.

A truly strange situation

I have to express myself I'm that furious. You may think I'm a moaner, any polish posters may think i'm racist as well, sorry but I'm not. Thanks if you cared to read any of this. My normal mild postage rate will hopefully continue as of Tuesday.[/quote

Maybe they heard some of the Pollack jokes Americans were telling in the 70s

If we were all American, the world would be a better place.
Mainly because there would be no one left to hate us.

People don't hate us the people, they hate our Foreign policy, which is Global domination.

People don't hate us the people, they hate our Foreign policy, which is Global domination.

QFT :up:

It's not you fine people that are the problem, it's the people that represent you that let you down. But that can be said just as much for the UK.

Election day is like Ghostbusters -- chose your destroyer :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"