• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

What's The Last Movie You Watched? XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
total_recall.jpg

10/10

A real oldschool action adventure, great fun and well made. 8.5/10

Romancing the Stone.

9/10

tomhardywarriorposterjo.jpg

Warrior

Tom Hardy, Joel Edgerton, and (most surprising) Nick Nolte did a fantastic job in their roles. The brothers and father dynamic played pretty well, but at the same time I wish they trim a little on that story to make it a bit more efficient. Once the tournament started, it was balls to the wall entertainment. It felt a bit predictable who would come out as the victor but they did it better than I expected. One thing I disliked about it was how hilariously they made Kurt Angle's Russian character (who I didn't even know was in the film).
8.5/10

poster.jpg

9/10

Highly underrated. Maybe it didn't meet the expectation, but It was still a good comic book movie.

Last edited:
Rare Exports : A Christmas Tale 7/10

Superman: The Movie, for the 800th time just a couple days ago :D

Chronicles of Narnia Voyage of the Dawn Treader
8/10 Surprisingly adventurous!

The Matrix

I haven't seen this movie in its entirety for a very very long time, and I didn't fully understand it back then. Now I can safely say this is one awesome piece of science fiction. Very contemporary stuff.
I'm about to rewatch the sequels, which are not as interesting in the whole reality/fiction part from the 1st film, but work a lot better as action movies.

First movie in my club's bi-annual 12-hour movie marathon...

stardust.jpg

8.5/10

Stephen Chow Movies:
Shaolin Soccer (2001), my score 8, funny & entertain
Kungfu Hustle (2003), my score 7.5 cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"