What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Black Dahlia - 4/10

The first half is decent, faithful as it can be to the book, but I don't remember a movie that fell off such a steep cliff. It felt like I've been spat in the face after reading such an incredible novel. I know there's an hour missing and it definitely shows. I was flabbergasted. It was just horrible. It was so God awful I thought they were rushed reshoots. It's so unbelievably sloppy you won't ****ing believe it. The last ten minutes are a train crash that is getting worse and worse. The only positives of this were DePalma's eye for the camera, the cinematography and Aaron Eckhart. Everyone was either miscast and felt like they were playing dress up in a 1940's noir. I get it being stylized and heightened, but it just doesn't work here. Some scenes felt like a bad college reenactment of a much better movie. This could be a great movie. If you can make L.A. Confidential one, then I don't see why not this case.

koYuOid.jpg
This is an under the radar gem.

The Kingsman 2. It was sexist trash.
I didn't like the film much either but what was sexist about it?

This is an under the radar gem.

I didn't like the film much either but what was sexist about it?

Seriously you need to ask? That tracker nonsense and killing off
Roxy
wasn't evident enough?

It could, but basically its just my love of the super adorable Danielle Panabaker.

Sicario: Day of the Soldado

CIA operative Matt Graver (Josh Brolin) and his “asset,” hitman Alejandro (Benicio Del Toro),return to take on Mexican cartels that are now committing terrorist acts.So the two raise the game with the backing of an oily politician and kidnap the daughter of a cartel leader to turn the cartels against each other.Mayhem follows and a lot of bullets fly.

Brolin and Del Toro bring their A game once again with intense,laser focused performances,characters drenched in world weary disdain.
As a cartel kingpin’s daughter named Isabel Isabela Moner does a fine job,especially in her scenes with Del Toro.
The action is jarring,disturbing and intense.
The film offers up some good suspense, i liked how some of the suspense was shaped around what a character was stating instead of actually seeing it.

After watching the trailer for this film,i had a bad feeling that some of the story would go down a path of contradiction and it does here and there unfortunately.
Their is a side story that was semi involving but it felt like it was mainly there as a set up for a third movie.

SDOTS is definitely not as entrancing or edge of your seat intense as the first film,but definitely worth the price of a theatre ticket.

Scale of 1-10 a 7½

Seriously you need to ask? That tracker nonsense and killing off
Roxy
wasn't evident enough?
The tracker thing isn't sexist, it's just crass and gross, and killing off a character is sexist now?

Brake

Stephen Dorff plays a secret service agent stuck in a trunk. Managed to keep my interested somewhat with a few twists. At one point Dorff looks and sounds like Bruce Willis in Die Hard with even some similar bits of dialogue when speaking on the CB radio.

The Cloverfield Paradox.

It sucked. Seen Prometheus? Seen Event Horizon? You're set. Don't watch this.

P3C13IE.jpg

Uncle Drew

It's a lighthearted sports comedy that isn't asking for much... they just want to have fun. It's very formulaic and predictable as all hell, but it's charming enough to keep it moving. Although one problem I have with it is it's called Uncle Drew... but yet it's more Lil Rel Howery's movie. Overall, it's a decent enough comedy that you should see if you love the game of basketball.
7.5/10

Not a 'movie' as such, an extended episode.

The Day of the Doctor.

An episode created to mark the 50th Anniversary of Dr Who. 10/10.

Everything a fan would want an episode to contain, and hugely emotional. One of the finest single episodes produced, IMO and including some of the best dialogue.

The Black Dahlia - 4/10

The first half is decent, faithful as it can be to the book, but I don't remember a movie that fell off such a steep cliff. It felt like I've been spat in the face after reading such an incredible novel. I know there's an hour missing and it definitely shows. I was flabbergasted. It was just horrible. It was so God awful I thought they were rushed reshoots. It's so unbelievably sloppy you won't ****ing believe it. The last ten minutes are a train crash that is getting worse and worse. The only positives of this were DePalma's eye for the camera, the cinematography and Aaron Eckhart. Everyone was either miscast and felt like they were playing dress up in a 1940's noir. I get it being stylized and heightened, but it just doesn't work here. Some scenes felt like a bad college reenactment of a much better movie. This could be a great movie. If you can make L.A. Confidential one, then I don't see why not this case.
*Adds to watchlist*
The Cloverfield Paradox.

It sucked. Seen Prometheus? Seen Event Horizon? You're set. Don't watch this.
It's Event Horizon without the presence of Sam Neill. Enough said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"