What's up with all this anti-semitism?

Strange said:
The covenant was not made with (the jews) but with Abrahams people and all of his future seeds. Yes Abrahams people were Jewish but not all Jewish people where aligned with Abraham. Since the New Testament Jesus describes all people who follow Christianity to be part of Abrahams seed.

Either way, the Bible clearly states who's side Jesus is on during the World vs. Jewish People.

rodhulk said:
Show me a scripture that says the mosaic law is done away with and I'll show you where Jesus said it isn't.
Show me in the scriptures where the everlasting covenant with Abraham (the jews) wasn't actually 'everlasting' and I'll show you where it is.
Jeremiah 31:31 - “Look! There are days coming,” is the utterance of Jehovah, “and I will conclude with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah a new covenant;

Hebrews 8:13 - In his saying “a new [covenant]” he has made the former one obsolete. Now that which is made obsolete and growing old is near to vanishing away.

Colossians 2:13-17 - Furthermore, though YOU were dead in YOUR trespasses and in the uncircumcised state of YOUR flesh, [God] made YOU alive together with him. He kindly forgave us all our trespasses 14 and blotted out the handwritten document against us, which consisted of decrees and which was in opposition to us; and He has taken it out of the way by nailing it to the torture stake. 15 Stripping the governments and the authorities bare, he exhibited them in open public as conquered, leading them in a triumphal procession by means of it.
16 Therefore let no man judge YOU in eating and drinking or in respect of a festival or of an observance of the new moon or of a sabbath; 17 for those things are a shadow of the things to come, but the reality belongs to the Christ.

Matt 5:17,18 - “Do not think I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I came, not to destroy, but to fulfill; 18 for truly I say to YOU that sooner would heaven and earth pass away than for one smallest letter or one particle of a letter to pass away from the Law by any means and not all things take place.

Romans 10:4 - For Christ is the end of the Law, so that everyone exercising faith may have righteousness
Show me where the bible itself says the Jews are no more and I'll show you where it says they will be 'forever.'
Vega_8.gif
In the light of this, what is implied by arguing that the Mosaic Law is still in force? In effect, this constitutes a repudiation of faith in Jesus Christ. Why is that so? Because such a view rejects the fact that Jesus fulfilled the Law, thus paving the way for God to terminate it. To persons who professed to be Christians but who were swayed by arguments in favor of keeping the Law, or some portion of it, the apostle Paul forcefully wrote: “You are parted from Christ, whoever you are that try to be declared righteous by means of law; you have fallen away from his undeserved kindness.”—Gal. 5:4

Strange said:
The covenant was not made with (the jews) but with Abrahams people and all of his future seeds. Yes Abrahams people were Jewish but not all Jewish people where aligned with Abraham. Since the New Testament Jesus describes all people who follow Christianity to be part of Abrahams seed.
1) You are speaking spiritual. Yes, Jesus made it clear, as did the old covenant, that God would work with all people.

2) The jews everlasting covenant is that they would have Israel (physical) as their land forever. The time they would occupy the land depended on if they were obedient to God or not.

3) The Bible lists the seed of Abraham who would be the 'jews' who would have the everlasting covenant. It is very clear and we can safely say that Jews today are part of that everlasting 'Abraham' covenant.

4) We know that the jews are still God's people and that is why they are a nation today. Amos 9:15 shows that a time will come when Israel would belong to the jews forever. The scripture didn't say maybe, it said 'would' happen. We know Jesus returns to the Mount of Olives as it was confirmed in the new testament as well as the old. We know the jews have to accept Jesus some day because Jesus will only return when the jews believe in Jesus. This is not the gentiles. You can read this in the New Covenant.

dialog-vega5.gif
We are already past the Gentile times. The Gentile times only lasted for 2,520 and started the year the Jews were released from exile.

Christ loves all people. To hate any kind of people is dis honoring Christ.

rodhulk said:
1) You are speaking spiritual. Yes, Jesus made it clear, as did the old covenant, that God would work with all people.

2) The jews everlasting covenant is that they would have Israel (physical) as their land forever. The time they would occupy the land depended on if they were obedient to God or not.

3) The Bible lists the seed of Abraham who would be the 'jews' who would have the everlasting covenant. It is very clear and we can safely say that Jews today are part of that everlasting 'Abraham' covenant.

4) We know that the jews are still God's people and that is why they are a nation today. Amos 9:15 shows that a time will come when Israel would belong to the jews forever. The scripture didn't say maybe, it said 'would' happen. We know Jesus returns to the Mount of Olives as it was confirmed in the new testament as well as the old. We know the jews have to accept Jesus some day because Jesus will only return when the jews believe in Jesus. This is not the gentiles. You can read this in the New Covenant.

When Jesus came to Earth and died he became the way into heaven. Some people consider heaven to be the new Isreal. At the time of Abraham, the Jewish people were the people who followed God. Once Jesus came, the people who would still be considered "Abrahams seeds" would now follow Jesus as the son of God. I don't think the term of being Jewish means the same thing now as it did during Abrahams time.

Admiral_N8 said:
uhhhhhhh FYI "Jew" isnt a race. :up:
Jew is term to refer to the that catergory as Ethnic jews and Jewish practicing religion. There is a difference. I have a friend
Matt Tomlin
that is indeed ethnically jewish.
He's actually a Southern Baptist
He's cool with it and whenever he ****s up something, its a running joke to say "BLAME THE JEW!". People that are cool with it are funny and people who can't take a joke can kiss my ass.

E. Bison said:
Jeremiah 31:31 - “Look! There are days coming,” is the utterance of Jehovah, “and I will conclude with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah a new covenant;

Hebrews 8:13 - In his saying “a new [covenant]” he has made the former one obsolete. Now that which is made obsolete and growing old is near to vanishing away.

Colossians 2:13-17 - Furthermore, though YOU were dead in YOUR trespasses and in the uncircumcised state of YOUR flesh, [God] made YOU alive together with him. He kindly forgave us all our trespasses 14 and blotted out the handwritten document against us, which consisted of decrees and which was in opposition to us; and He has taken it out of the way by nailing it to the torture stake. 15 Stripping the governments and the authorities bare, he exhibited them in open public as conquered, leading them in a triumphal procession by means of it.
16 Therefore let no man judge YOU in eating and drinking or in respect of a festival or of an observance of the new moon or of a sabbath; 17 for those things are a shadow of the things to come, but the reality belongs to the Christ.

Matt 5:17,18 - “Do not think I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I came, not to destroy, but to fulfill; 18 for truly I say to YOU that sooner would heaven and earth pass away than for one smallest letter or one particle of a letter to pass away from the Law by any means and not all things take place.

Romans 10:4 - For Christ is the end of the Law, so that everyone exercising faith may have righteousness

Vega_8.gif
In the light of this, what is implied by arguing that the Mosaic Law is still in force? In effect, this constitutes a repudiation of faith in Jesus Christ. Why is that so? Because such a view rejects the fact that Jesus fulfilled the Law, thus paving the way for God to terminate it. To persons who professed to be Christians but who were swayed by arguments in favor of keeping the Law, or some portion of it, the apostle Paul forcefully wrote: “You are parted from Christ, whoever you are that try to be declared righteous by means of law; you have fallen away from his undeserved kindness.”—Gal. 5:4
Jeremiah 31:31 jsut says that a new covenant (grace) would come. Doesn't say anything about the old covenant being done away with.

Hebrews 8:13 is only saying that the way of righteousness (which never actually existed) through the law is going to be gone. More in a second.

Colossians 2:13-17 confirms Hebrews as the law can't save you, only Christ can.

Matthew 5:17,18 clearly show that Jesus isn't doing away with the law but he's fulfilling it meaning it's still in effect. It says that as long as there is a heaven and earth, there is still the law. And since there is still a heaven and earth, there is still law.

Romans 10:4 Yes, Christ is the end of the law, but the whole law? No, and as stated above in Matthew, Christ fulfills the law and it is still in effect, but we cannot be made righteous before the law.

What does the law do, then? It let's us know what sin is: Romans 3:20 "Therfore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin."

Let me ask you, do you keep the commandment of.. let's say, "do not murder." If yes, you are following the law.

Finally, Romans 3:31 "Do we, then nullify the law by faith? Not at all, rather, we uphold it."

And all Galatians 5:4 is talking about is people who are trying to keep the law to be made righteous before God. That is wrong. It's only to be used to know what sin is so as not to sin anymore (as Jesus is our righteousness).

So, the law is in effect, we 'uphold' it, it 'let's us know of sin,' and Jesus said he's not abolishing it but fulfilling it (bringing it to it's highest intention). The Bible, therefore, does not show anywhere that the law is done because you and I keep it every day and the Bible confirms it is still in effect but not in the same strict way as in the old covenant.

And you didn't offer anything scripture wise in respect to Israel and the Jewish people. I hope this shows you they are still a people before God.

For some reason or another I can't find my Bible where I thought I left it so I can't look this stuff up to compare, but are all of you quoting the KJV or are you all quoting different version?

Strange said:
When Jesus came to Earth and died he became the way into heaven. Some people consider heaven to be the new Isreal. At the time of Abraham, the Jewish people were the people who followed God. Once Jesus came, the people who would still be considered "Abrahams seeds" would now follow Jesus as the son of God. I don't think the term of being Jewish means the same thing now as it did during Abrahams time.
1) Nowhere does the bible say that heaven became the new Israel.

2) You must remember that when we speak of jews, we could be speaking one of two things, physical and spiritual.

3) The Jews (physical) had promises back in Abraham's day that still apply to them and the land of israel. God said the Jews would one day regain Israel and once they did, they would have it forever. That was in Amos 9:15. That prophecy happened in 1948.

4) As stated earlier, Jesus was referring to the (physical) jews in that once they accept Jesus (as a nation it seems), Jesus will return. He said this dirrectly to Abrahams's physical descendants. This is not really a mistaken term if you check the new testament out.

5) Jesus will return to the Mount of Olives where he left. It's written in the old testament that Jesus would return to fight for Israel and his feet would touch the Mount of Olives and the Mount of Olives would split. Jesus, when he was taken to heaven after his resurrection, was at the Mount of Olives and his followers asked him if he would now restore the kingdom to Israel. Jesus said it is not the time or date.... which means it is going to happen and Jesus will return to the Jews on the Mount of Olives one day. It's interesting to note that there is a fault line where the Old Testament says the Mount of olives would split.

Yes, God is still with the Jewish people. If not, then how do you know he won't break any covenants with the church? If you believe he won't, then you should also believe that he won't with Israel. Remember, God said that as long as there is night and day, he would still be with/love Israel. Well, there's still night and day so that means he's still with/loves Israel.

Wait I found it................ those verses don't match up to the KJV.......

Jer 31:31
Behold the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Isreal, and with the house of Judah.

Heb 8:13
In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Col 2:13-17
And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses.

Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

And having spoiled principalities, and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Matt 5:17-18
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fufilled.

Rom 10:4
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Tsunulia said:
For some reason or another I can't find my Bible where I thought I left it so I can't look this stuff up to compare, but are all of you quoting the KJV or are you all quoting different version?
Just use your Bible when you find it, it'll give you the answers.

Tsunulia said:
Wait I found it................ those verses don't match up to the KJV.......

Jer 31:31
Behold the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Isreal, and with the house of Judah.

Heb 8:13
In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Col 2:13-17
And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses.

Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

And having spoiled principalities, and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Matt 5:17-18
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fufilled.

Rom 10:4
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
But it all says the same thing. You can clearly see my argument and that it is the law is not in effect for us to try to make ourselves righteous before God, that part is gone. But it also shows the law is still in effect. As long as there is a heaven and earth (which there still is), the law is still in effect.

It is in effect to let us know what sin is. Read some of my quotes above in a post or two. So, the law is still with us today.

And note, I hope I have clearly shown that Israel is still a nation under God and the jews are still a chosen people before God.

I'm just saying that we're posting different versions of verses I'm not trying to prove or disprove anything here for lack of study and knowledge on my part. I know quite a bit but not enough. I have many more years to go to learn.

Well, the versions still seem to be pretty much the same unless I missed something.

But keep reading. When you're ready, make decisions. I believe, thanks to God, I've shown that:

1) Israel is a nation still before God (and forever)

2) The jews are still a people before God (and forever)

3) The mosaic law is still in effect today, but only to know what sin is so as not to do it, but you're not judged by it now if you are a christian.

I'll be going in a few seconds, but could continue tomorrow if you want.

Have a good night, Tsunulia.

I need to go to sleep too. Night rodhulk :)

Tangled Web said:
Yeah, I mean, revelations starts when all of the countries turn on Israel. Obviously God really likes Israel.
Yes, and Zechariah talks about the Lord (Jesus) fighting for Israel and his feet will land on the Mount of Olives. So, God is still involved with Israel and the Jewish people.

Tsunulia said:
I need to go to sleep too. Night rodhulk :)
Thanks. Nice chattin with you...... and now I'm going for sure. My eyslids are starting to get heavy. LOL :)

Strange said:

Why doesn't it? Abraham was the founder of Judaism. Especially considering Jews don't believe Jesus was the son of God, I don't see why they'd have to follow him, or why the religion is any different now.

I'm curious as to how the Jewish faith believes the true messiah will be any more convincing than Jesus was.

I hate Scrappy-Doo. :cmad:

Damn you Scrappy! I hope you burn in hell

scrappy%20doo.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back