Days of Future Past Whats up with there official website?

TheVelvetOnion

Sidekick
Reaction score
X-Men 1 to X-Men Origins Wolverine

Fox has always put alot of thought into the premotional website for the movie, which gave images and details about the movie months before its release.

Were less than 1 month from x-men first class being shown yet there website still only shows the trailer and nothing more.

Why is this?

"there"?

I think you mean, "their". :p I remember how much effort and interactivity there was put into the official sites for X2 and X3. They had a huge amount of promotion leading into their releases but you're right. XFC still has had magazine covers and news articles, a few billboards, posters, and things like that have been pushed out, but I guess times have changed since 2003-2006.

1. We're not less than a month before the movie's release. It's April 24. First Class isn't released until June 3.

2. Fox is clearly updating us through other means, such as the film's official Facebook page.

3. Other than the increased activity back then, please note the date of the thread's posts in relation to The Last Stand's release date of May 26, 2006. The official website wasn't launched until April 18, 2006.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=227104&highlight=website

I'm sure First Class' website will be updated soon, perhaps even in conjunction with the release of the final trailer.

I think they want the facebook profile to get more users.

1. We're not less than a month before the movie's release. It's April 24. First Class isn't released until June 3.

2. Fox is clearly updating us through other means, such as the film's official Facebook page.

3. Other than the increased activity back then, please note the date of the thread's posts in relation to The Last Stand's release date of May 26, 2006. The official website wasn't launched until April 18, 2006.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=227104&highlight=website

I'm sure First Class' website will be updated soon, perhaps even in conjunction with the release of the final trailer.

the UK is getting the movie earlier than the US

secondly why so picky?

i actually had a though on why the website wasnt upto date... with all the magazine press.

im thinking there mimicing the movie press of the 60's so when a new movie came out it was all in the magazines and they didnt have the internet. Just to give it that dated feel to the movie. LOL

But i want the wallpapers.

i actually had a though on why the website wasnt upto date... with all the magazine press.

im thinking there mimicing the movie press of the 60's so when a new movie came out it was all in the magazines and they didnt have the internet. Just to give it that dated feel to the movie. LOL

That's just messed up. :oldrazz:

Yeah, no...that's not what they're doing. :dry:

Right now they've got a better thing going on with the Facebook page, since they converted it from the old Wolverine page and already had a big number of users (and that number grew from there). Once the official site is up they can announce it on there an increase traffic to the site.

The Facebook page updates nearly every day now, so it's not like they're not putting info out there...but 21st century means. :cwink:

Yep...Sites like Facebook are going a long way in replacing a lot of the time and money spent on building elaborate websites to keep people up to date on promos...

But i want the wallpapers.

No.

the facebook profile is a way to control the people interested in the movie, so as Ive said, I think that could be one of the reasons for the lack of updates on the official site, if not the main reason.

at the same time, they probably like the facebook idea because that would mean the friends of those users could pay some attention to the movie thanks to them.

its not a bad marketing idea.

Last edited:
And Facebook also gives people the option to share whatever they post on their page, so if someone likes a new photo or trailer, they can share it with all of their friends. Great advertising right there.

yeah.

how many users do you think it could get around the movie release?

I think it wont get the 3 million mark.

would be nice, tho

yeah.

how many users do you think it could get around the movie release?

I think it wont get the 3 million mark.

would be nice, tho

Well it depends on the next trailer. If it is a knock your socks off kind of trailer with new shots then there's the likelihood of a significant increase.

the facebook profile is a way to control the people interested in the movie, so as Ive said, I think that could be one of the reasons for the lack of updates on the official site, if not the main reason.

at the same time, they probably like the facebook idea because that would mean the friends of those users could pay some attention to the movie thanks to them.

its not a bad marketing idea.

It's an excellent marketing idea. They will definitely reach more people on Facebook.

June 1, which is still more than a month away. I'm sure Fox will update the site soon.

actually the officle release day is for us is 30/05/2011 but the pre-screenings are from the 26/27th

so it was about a month away...besides why do you care so much over the small facts BMM? its like you focused in on the part of the topic that was irrelivant to what the topic was about.

Because I thought you were misinformed and because it is relevant to the conversation.

Well Rio has a pretty nice website

So there's still hope for X-Men: First Class' website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"