Wheel of Time

WoTseries.com reporting that David Lowery might be directing some of S2.

That would be incredible.

maybe trailer and release date during comic con

did I missed season 1 already?
Time to release „something“. Amazon...

Lol yeah kinda hard to care about a season 2 when we don’t know we even like season 1.

No, trailer still. This would have been a great time to drop it.

Atleast we have a release date.

what a poster...I could’ve done that with my smartphone

I didn't know Rosamund Pike was in this. I guess I have to watch.

I picked up the first Wheel of Time paperback novel when it came out (I is old). I remember all the proper names and nouns drove me crazy among other issues (if you've seen the recent Shadow & Bone Netflix adaptation show you know what that's like.) Couldn't get into it at the time though I was into stuff like Deverry. I hope it's better in TV form.

I picked up the first Wheel of Time paperback novel when it came out (I is old). I remember all the proper names and nouns drove me crazy among other issues (if you've seen the recent Shadow & Bone Netflix adaptation show you know what that's like.) Couldn't get into it at the time though I was into stuff like Deverry. I hope it's better in TV form.
I listened to the audiobooks. Helps with those weird names.

The books are a bit too dense and over-written and over-stuffed. But I think that's part of the appeal for some.

I am on Book 5 and doubt I ever finish the series, but I'm looking forward to the show. If they can streamline the storytelling into something consistently compelling, there's a lot of good stuff to work with in terms of the expansive and complex world and the many, many characters.

The books are a bit too dense and over-written and over-stuffed. But I think that's part of the appeal for some.

I am on Book 5 and doubt I ever finish the series, but I'm looking forward to the show. If they can streamline the storytelling into something consistently compelling, there's a lot of good stuff to work with in terms of the expansive and complex world and the many, many characters.

The biggest hurdle for me with the books was the Aes Sedai characters really are insufferably belligerent, mean, *****y, narcissistic, arrogant rapey shrews. I actually put the series down for a year after book 12 because I was at my wits end with the White Tower and the Children of the Light. After 10,000 pages and 12 books I think I gave them a fair chance to change my mind, but through most of book 14 I still wanted to see the Black Tower or the Forsaken tear down the White Tower and kick all their asses.

The Children of the Light are just the absolute worst. Even when reality is shredding around them and darkfriends are slaughtering other armies they still think its a trick or that the good guys are in league with the Dark One and darkfriends . You can't fix that kind of stupid.

Then there is Jordan's habit of creating contrived conflicts amongst the good factions by having the characters not talk to each other, start arguments over nothing, do the dumbest thing possible, or withhold information at every turn. In the series this sort of thing is called "the Game", but I just call it absolute horse****. Ffs, Egwene grew up with Rand, was one of his best friends, wanted to marry him, left the only home she ever knew, then she spends a few months around
other aes sedai and "wise women" and she drinks the kool aid and suddenly she thinks Rand is the devil incarnate and its ok to enslave him to the White Tower's will because the Aes Sedai know whats best for him.

I'll stop before I get really worked up. I could rant for an hour about things that make me want to throw the Wheel Time books into a paper shredder.

But don't get me wrong I think the Wheel of Time is deserving of respect and is an important piece of fantasy literature, but it requires a loooot of patience to put up with the characters and the padding. There is so so much padding. This is one adaption that I really want to see writers take extreme liberties with.

Last edited:
Like I said, I'm not that far, but I agree with the general gist of what you are saying. Jordan had some really annoying tendencies as a writer and storyteller.

Which is why it will be kind of nice to see someone else's visual take on his world, which has a lot of potential as a TV show, I think.

hours later…

Looks like they are going to add more sexual tension between Rand and Egwene. Them being half naked together alone in a tavern at night isn't really something they would do in the books. The Two Rivers folk are all about propriety.

And I dont like that the saidar energy is just dull white. I wanted more color and vibrancy from the magic.

Last edited:
Very much looking forward to this series, but I won't lie, not a fan of what I have seen in the trailer.

Maybe I'm colored by the Foundation trailers, but the production values look drastically cheap in comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"