When the Wrestling Thread Got the Answers, HE Changed the Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
- As noted, WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper has passed away at the age of 61. TMZ reports Piper passed away from natural causes at his home in Hollywood.

TMZ has updated their original report and noted that Piper died from cardiac arrest in his sleep on Thursday night. He was found on Friday.

Piper’s rep told TMZ:

“I am devastated at this news. Rod was a good friend as well as a client and one of the most generous, sincere and authentic people I have ever known. This is a true loss to us all.”

A family member told TMZ Piper was cancer free at the time of his death. They issued this statement:

“Our family is saddened by the sudden passing of our father and beloved husband, Roderick Toombs aka Rowdy Roddy Piper.”

http://dailywrestlingnews.com/more-...ath-statement-from-family-and-representative/

tumblr_nfzmcxGSi81s9xw57o1_250.gif

All-Star Rock 'N' Wrestling Saturday Spectacular - 1985

[YT]aGJ1y_Qsa3g[/YT]

Dear God,

If you give us Roddy Piper, Warrior, and Dusty back, we'll give you Vince McMahon, Kevin Dunn, and whatever is left of Nash and Hunter's quads.

Sincerely, The Wrestling Thread.

EDIT: P.S. We'll also give you Hogan and Dixie Carter.

What would we have to trade to get Owen, Savage, or Rick Rude back?

The mark of a truly great heel is when you hate their ass big time before they open their mouth. Rowdy Roddy was no exception. I hated his ass like crazy when I was a kid before I got hip to the behind the scenes things. He was the type of guy you would hope that up and coming heels would look to for inspiration. It sucks to see him pass so suddenly, but like with Dushty his legacy is so great that he'll never die to the wrestling world.

Roddy was one of the most talented performers to ever grace a wrestling ring, and arguably the greatest promo of all time. It hurts knowing that Piper, Rhodes, and Savage are gone.

The Wrestling Thread Pays Tribute to Rowdy Roddy Piper (RIP)

Just got the news from OnTheAir. :( Arguably the greatest mic worker ever, could do it at the top level as a heel of face, one of the true Icons.

RIP Hot Rod.

The greatest "Go home" line ever IMO.

Is the Rock blood related to the Anoa'i family at all? I read that his only connection is that Peter Maivia was "blood brothers" with an Anoa'i.

Is the Rock blood related to the Anoa'i family at all? I read that his only connection is that Peter Maivia was "blood brothers" with an Anoa'i.

Nope, but he is known as a "cousin" to Roman Reigns, The Usos and Tamina.

Ok now to wake up the morale of this thread:

Some Alexa Bliss for your eyes:

lexiface.jpg

image_8.jpg~320x480

rock-star-contest-057.jpg

Nope, but he is known as a "cousin" to Roman Reigns, The Usos and Tamina.

Ah ok. I always thought it was a blood relation. I guess in a sense it's a spiritual blood relation, but still.

I feel a little jerkish for not saying anything about Roddy Piper, but I never now what to say when these things happen. I will say I'm sick of seeing so many wrestlers die young, especially favorites like Warrior, Piper, and Savage. I feel like it isn't going to end until everyone of Piper's generation is gone. I still respect them all in spite of the stuff they got themselves in to, the wrestling world is a fairly seedy place and about all you can do to get by is turn to drugs at times. You needed steroids to keep up with the other guys and pain killers to keep going. Things are finally improving but we've all heard about what modern superstars have gotten into over the past decade or so. I know I shouldn't be so quick to think "steroids" or "painkillers" or even "cocaine" when a wrestler dies, but I'm pretty sure I've read that Piper was into that stuff in the 80s like a lot of them were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"