No Way Home When Will Sony Show Tobey and Andrew In The Marketing?

Detective Conan

Avenger
Reaction score
It seems like marketing is about to ramp up for Spider-Man: No Way Home, and all signs points to us getting our first teaser for the movie coming either this June or July.

With the return of the past Spider-Men pretty much guaranteed at this point, my question is will Sony let the multiverse cat out of the bag and confirm what we’ve all known for a while by revealing the past Spider-Men are in this movie with the very first teaser trailer or will they save the official reveal for later trailers after that one? Or perhaps they take the super-secretive route and withhold showing any footage of the other Spider-Men until we’re all sitting in a theater watching the movie? I don’t see that being the case, especially with Sony who has a tendency to spoil or show much of the movie in their trailers, not to mention footage would inevitable leak at some point, but it’s certainly possible. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
From my experience of Sony's past advertising techniques in regards to Spider-Man projects, I still think expecting them to be the stinger for the first trailer isn't a far-fetched notion in the slightest.

Well right now Sony have these elements in the movie

Doctor Strange
Electro
Doc Ock
Green Goblin (Rumour)
The Lizard (Rumour)
Rhino (Rumour
Sandman (Rumour)
Toby's Spider-man
Andrew's Spider-man.

As well as they regulars like Ned, MJ ect ect in whatever Hollands Spider-man identity storyline is and how they wanna reflect it in the teaser. so when it comes to what they will show in the first trailer? well they have alot of options. it might end up being more about what aspects they want to save for a later date.

I mean this film sounds kinda bonkers. Sony probably won't be that desperate to get people talking with this one where they will show every one of these aspects in the teaser.

Last edited:
I think we'll just see the villains in the first teaser, then they'll show the other Spiders later down the road.

Either the first full trailer or the stinger for the teaser. I think the multiverse aspect will be known from the beginning, but it'll focus on Doc Ock and Electro.

I hope they do just so we can see Tobey and Andrew promote this film, even if it's very minimal promoting they're involved in, because at the end of the day this is Tom's movie.

Like come on, wouldn't it be awesome if let's say Tom, Tobey and Andrew all appeared together on Jimmy Kimmel?!

I think they'll probably be the stinger in the first teaser to blow everybody's minds and really set the hype levels off the charts. Set up the trailer by showing a lot of the old villains and Spidey getting overwhelmed by that and his identity being out in the open until the end and the other Spidey's say they can give him a hand. Maybe even a Dafoe laugh, but that gives me RoS trailer flashbacks even thinking, but it's hard to turn out as hacked up as that movie.

Maybe the trailer will be like these fan trailers where they've cobbled together all these scenes from different movies to try to put everyone together in the same film. Might be a bit like the fan trailers we used to get pre Avengers where no-one ever crossed over with each other.

Last edited:
Maybe the trailer will be like these fan trailers where they've cobbled together all this scenes from different movie to try to put everyone together in the same film. Might be a bit like the fan trailers we used to get pre Avengers where no-one ever crossed over with each other.
I miss that era. Now anything can happen.

I don't think they will, but this video has a good argument for why they will appear in the trailer:

I gotta say, whenever they show Tobey and Andrew in the marketing I kind of want a recreation of this meme with Holland, Maguire, and Garfield:

3igo27.jpg

I can't imagine Sony not using them for marketing. So I eXpect them to debut at least in the final trailer or the one after the teaser trailer.

Now I wonder: will Garfield and Tobey be shown in the next trailer or not be included in the marketing at all? I think Tobey and Andrew will be in the next one but what does anyone here think?

Last edited:
I'm hoping for the former because they would really be wasting box office potential by not including them in the marketing or press tour.

They have to surely. There’s not much that could create more hype for this film among the GA.

I gotta say, whenever they show Tobey and Andrew in the marketing I kind of want a recreation of this meme with Holland, Maguire, and Garfield:

3igo27.jpg
Haha, this has to be the ultimate priority.

If Tobey's return in this movie isn't a Bully Maguire entrance, I'm going to riot.

Yeah, not buying this. "Insiders" and one trailer released one day before the movie comes out?

Sure, Jan.

Yeah, not buying this. "Insiders" and one trailer released one day before the movie comes out?

Sure, Jan.

The guy got wind of Sony's plans to put Maguire and Garfield into the third MCU Spidey film around October 2019, after Sony and Disney agreed on a new deal.

And considering how that is panning out, I think he's got some credibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"