Where are the X3 action figures???

Blanket-Man

Civilian
Reaction score
With the movie just 10 days away, I can't believe Marvel hasn't flooded the shelves with any X3 merchandise. I've searched the net and can't find anything concrete about X3 action figures. They've gotta be putting out toys for the new guys (Beast, Juggernaut, Angel), at least, right??? Or did the X1 and X2 figures not sell so well, so they didn't put out any for this film?

I don't wanna search the forums here for fear of bumping into movie spoilers, so thanks for any answers!

unless they're direct market I think it's a good thing. I'm not into something for the kids.

X1 figures sold pretty well, but for some reason they died in market value I think within a year of being released (which I'm upset about because I have the whole damn collection including all the variants). X2 figures didn't sell well at all, so it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't have any for X3. I know there's going to be miniature statues and busts, but I'm not sure about actual figures.

I hate to say it, but maybe the outfits were a turn-off to the kids.

Opinion of course but I thought the movie toys was freaking ugly.
Like you said Wallace its the outfits.

This belongs in the product thread...

X1 toys were over stocked and in most KB's that are still open you can STILL find them in the 3 for $10 bin

X2 Toys had all the women dropped due to toybiz believing this is why the figs didnt sell (even though it was Toads, Sabretooths and Prof X's who flooded most shelves i saw) And When many stores didnt order much and most only got series 1 and those werent selling well... and to be honest they needed the females.. there just wasnt enough figures made.. we had like 4 wolverines, 2 cyclop's, magneto, nightcrawler and iceman.. what we needed was Storm, Rogue, Jean, Stryker, colossus, soldeirs, Prof X, Jason 143 with girl

due to X2's very pore figures sale toybiz scratched the X3 line, wich is kinda a shame because the new X-men toyline seems to be doing ok unlike the past movie and x-men classics line

Plus X3 has millions of more characters that they could have used as well

spideyboy_1111 said:
This belongs in the product thread...

X1 toys were over stocked and in most KB's that are still open you can STILL find them in the 3 for $10 bin

X2 Toys had all the women dropped due to toybiz believing this is why the figs didnt sell (even though it was Toads, Sabretooths and Prof X's who flooded most shelves i saw) And When many stores didnt order much and most only got series 1 and those werent selling well... and to be honest they needed the females.. there just wasnt enough figures made.. we had like 4 wolverines, 2 cyclop's, magneto, nightcrawler and iceman.. what we needed was Storm, Rogue, Jean, Stryker, colossus, soldeirs, Prof X, Jason 143 with girl

due to X2's very pore figures sale toybiz scratched the X3 line, wich is kinda a shame because the new X-men toyline seems to be doing ok unlike the past movie and x-men classics line
Reinforces my theory that it was the outfits; when it comes to action figures, the main demographic is kids, & kids don't wanna play w/black-clad action figures. The brightly colored ones, on the other hand, sell fine. One works for film, the other works for toys, & never the twain shall meet.

Na, i dont think it was the black outfits, the fan for figs sold well.. give or take there blue, but still all the same colors

X2 sold porely simply because the X1 figs were WAY over stocked. and X2 had no females.. when certain girls in the movie kicked ash.. i mean really no deathstike or mystique figure for X2? thats called lame marketing, esp with no deathstike

kids also want villains for there heros to beat, and with magneto teaming up with the X-men there were no villains in the line!

Chris Wallace said:
Do You Generally Collect Figures?
No, But I Guess the toy collectors will buy them the average kid not so much all that black doesn't exactly scream fun.

My Point Is 1-if It's Off-putting To The Collector It Will Be Off-putting To The Kids, & 2-it's More For The Kids Than The Collectors.

ummm none of the collectors were off puted by the costumes.. we were off puted by the lack of females and hard to find series 2. Dude trust me me and the products boards who are all big on figs have been over this a million times

I'm sorry, but you're wrong.

The only reason there arent any X-Men 3 figures is because the movie was so rushed and toybiz didnt have enough time to make proper figures. Thats why they released those new X-Men figures...Stealth Beast, Bird of Prey Angel, etc. Toy Stores WANTED new X-men figure for the movies because the first ones did quite well.

Toybiz is now losing the marvel license but supposedly hasbro is taking it over and will continue to make marvel legends action figures. In that line, they will be putting some x3 figures...in their proper X3 uniforms...Kitty, Beast, IceMan, Juggernaut, Pheonix, Colossus, etc.

Go here and read the posts by "Glaken" for the full information...
http://adctalk.com/index.php?showtopic=2014450

Tommyx13 said:

The only reason there arent any X-Men 3 figures is because the movie was so rushed and toybiz didnt have enough time to make proper figures. Thats why they released those new X-Men figures...Stealth Beast, Bird of Prey Angel, etc. Toy Stores WANTED new X-men figure for the movies because the first ones did quite well.

Toybiz is now losing the marvel license but supposedly hasbro is taking it over and will continue to make marvel legends action figures. In that line, they will be putting some x3 figures...in their proper X3 uniforms...Kitty, Beast, IceMan, Juggernaut, Pheonix, Colossus, etc.

but they had plenty of time, bad place the ghost rider line was even planned, they "decided" to do the current X-men line over the movie line. Yes Marvel is losing thel license, but they were planning on making Spidey 3 figs as well as Ghost rider figs but not once planned on making X3 figs... so sorry but where ever you got your info its wrong.

Tommyx13 said:

Marvel legends fate is still uncertain... and they have never done MOvie figure legends before.... why start now???

SsM said:
Marvel legends fate is still uncertain... and they have never done MOvie figure legends before.... why start now???
umm pretty sure DD and blade ML's were movie ones... and pretty sure the X2, spidey 1 and 2, and fantastic 4 movie figs were all legends style... course.. i could just be delusional ... lol

dammit.. I hate being wrong :x ok besides blade.. and daredevil ML doesnt do movie figs :x.. and the x2 spidey 1 and 2 f4 movie figs dont count :x they werent "marvel legends" I dont see ML coming out with a whole line of X-men movie figs was all i was reallying saying

That sounds like malarky to me :x

SsM said:
dammit.. I hate being wrong :x ok besides blade.. and daredevil ML doesnt do movie figs :x.. and the x2 spidey 1 and 2 f4 movie figs dont count :x they werent "marvel legends" I dont see ML coming out with a whole line of X-men movie figs was all i was reallying saying

That sounds like malarky to me :x
ya hasbro is not making X3 figs... itd be WAY too late to start movie figs over 6months after the movie was released.

oo and ya the past movie figs do count because we count the spidey classics and other lines as legends.. just cuz there not in the legends line doesnt mean there not

Well.. I thought the whole point of that guys statement was saying: Marvel Legends.. The line.. Was going to do those figs.. not x-men classics or whatever... My words arent coming out right I guess :/

SsM said:
Well.. I thought the whole point of that guys statement was saying: Marvel Legends.. The line.. Was going to do those figs.. not x-men classics or whatever... My words arent coming out right I guess :/
i think peeps got a bunch of rumors crossed cuz originally we thought the current x-men line was suppose to have some characters in movie costumes..

Yeah I heard that too.. But The thing is.. I dont see a ML line with just X3 based figs.. Thats what I was debating :x sorry if I confused everyone...

Damn, I wanted a Juggernaut figure. What the bad place is Toy Biz doing? Why would they lose there liscense with Marvel? Isnt ML a hot seller?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"