Which Halo game did you like the best?

my first experience with halo was halo 2. and i loved it even though i sucked with the battle rifle at first. i love all games halo, and think halo wars was way underrated (my first rts game too) i was concerned when 343 took the helm, and i got 4 and played the campaign first and really enjoyed it, but then i played online and wow! just wow! they seriously fumbled the snap. i play halo for halo, i dont want multiplayer being call of duty with a spartan! 343 seems to really care about the franchise, thats obvious. but they need to go back to the engine that bungie had online. thats just my opinion. and for gods sake they better not ever, i mean ever dream of killing off chief.

ODST up to Halo 4 had the best story and you really felt vulnerable in that game.

There's no bad games on the list and they all have enough personality of their own to have a shot at being someone's favourite Halo game. In conversations I've had in the past I've heard every one of them mentioned as somebody's favourite, can actually name the people who prefer each of those games.

Best Overall:

1. Halo 2
2. Halo 4
3. Halo: CE
4. Halo 3
5. Halo:Reach

Best Multiplayer:

1. Halo 2
2. Halo 3
3. Halo: Reach
4. Halo: CE
5. Halo 4

Best Campaign:

1. Halo 4
2. Halo 2
3. Halo: CE
4. Halo 3
5. Halo: Reach

For me:

Campaign:

Halo 3
Halo 4
Halo 2
Halo: Combat Evolved
Halo 3: ODST
Halo: Reach

Multiplayer:

Halo 3
Halo: Combat Evolved
Halo 2
Halo 4
Halo: Reach
Halo 3: ODST

I voted Halo 2 because of the awesome multiplayer, but Halo 1 still has the best campaign of any game I've played on the Xbox. The stage where you're fighting the flood is like being in an Alien movie

Best Campaign

1. Halo 4
2. Halo 2
3. Halo: Campaign Evolved
4. Halo 3: ODST
5. Halo 3
6. Halo: Reach
7. Halo Wars
8. Halo: Spartan Assault

Best Multiplayer:

1. Halo 3
2. Halo 2
3. Halo 4
4. Halo: Reach
5. Halo: Combat Evolved
6. Halo Wars
7. Halo 3: ODST

Best Overall:

1. Halo 2
2. Halo 4
3. Halo: Combat Evolved
4. Halo 3
5. Halo: Reach
6. Halo 3: ODST
7. Halo Wars

Best Overall:

1. Halo: Combat Evolved
2. Halo: Reach
3. Halo: 4
4. Halo 3
5. Halo 2

Best Multiplayer:

2. Halo 3
3. Halo: Reach
4. Halo 4
5. Halo 2

Best Campaign:

2. Halo: Reach
3. Halo 3
4. Halo 4
5. Halo 2

Halo 2 is the only one Ive owned so I'll vote for that although I never did beat it. I played with the 1st extensively though.

I hope Halo 5 is my new favourite (and everyone else's) when it comes out.

I'm the weirdo who doesn't play the games for the multiplayer (though I definitely enjoy it). For me, the draw is all about the world they're building, the cinematic feel, the atmosphere, the music, and the story. I love Cortana's growing relationship with Chief, and I love how lonely and mysterious Chief is.

Without all that stuff, the amazing gameplay the series has polished over the years would feel wasted to me.

So, that said, my answer is easily Halo 4. :yay:

Halo 2.. great story, writers had something significant to say about the overall universe..damn shame they gave in to fan pressure in Halo 3 and closed that part of the series in such a pedestrian way.

Halo Reach... right behind Halo 2 is Reach, good story (even if it disagree with the novels). great levels as well, only missing the super large scale battles of Halo 3

after a big dropoff comes Halo 3
Halo 3:ODST and 4 are tied for last.

Halo-3.jpg

Never played a Halo game, although I have 3 and Reach that I got through XBL sales (and Wars and Spartan Assault)

Not tried them yet, I feel like I should start at the beginning. I guess it wouldn't really matter if I skipped the first two, eh?

The collection looks nice but so far I have no real desire for an XBONE.

surprised to see halo 1 win the poll, i'da guessed it would be 2 or 3

Halo is my favorite video game. Heck it's probably the only video game I play on a regular basis. That being said, Halo 4 is probably my favorite but Halo 2 will always have a special place in my heart as the first video game I ever really got into.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"