First Avenger which Invaders do you want for First Avenger Captain America?

but if Namor wasnt going to be in the film then all he had to do was say no Namor...like Whedon did for Antman...

He probably could've. This is probably a glass half-full, half-empty situation.

His answer makes me lean toward Namor being in the movie (in some capacity) because the question was so specific. It wasn't "is Namor in the movie?" it was "does he have wings?" If he wasn't considering him for a part, he wouldn't have answered that question at all. My thinking, anyway.

Another possibility: he shows up after credits
Well, I think I am right and you are wrong. But I hope I'm wrong and you are right. :)

I'm going with captain rogers for the above. :up:

Other than saying the Invaders in somr fashion will be in this, what members if any have been announced? I think none so that would mean none are ruled out yet, no?

Other than saying the Invaders in somr fashion will be in this, what members if any have been announced? I think none so that would mean none are ruled out yet, no?

So far the only one named is 'Falsworth', who was Union Jack, but as he isn't called UJ in the script role call sheet we saw he might not be in costume at all (both Cap and Bucky and Cap were referred to by their costumed names which so that might well be the case)

I dont know how anyone could infer that he isnt in the movie from that comment.

Brent Sprecher: Namor. Is he going to have little wings on his feet?
Joe Johnston: Ah, no.

the only way you could look at this is Namor is in the movie. If Namor wasnt going to be in the movie the conversation would have gone like this:

Joe Johnston answer #1: He's not in the movie
Joe Johnston answer #2: Who is Namor?

So far the only one named is 'Falsworth', who was Union Jack, but as he isn't called UJ in the script role call sheet we saw he might not be in costume at all (both Cap and Bucky and Cap were referred to by their costumed names which so that might well be the case)

i dont think this movie is done casting

I really hope Namor is in this and then cameos in Avengers helping SHIELD find Cap.

I really hope Namor is in this and then cameos in Avengers helping SHIELD find Cap.

If he found Cap in the ice, it would probably be the best thing ever. In the history of the World.

But if he were to appear in Cap, I'd love to see him do something nuts like take out a German U-boat on his own (or something as ridiculous as that) :-)

I'm suddenly wondering what the Thor post-credit scene will be.... I'd guess something Cap/Avenger related would make sense, like someone telling Fury they've found Cap in the ice.
Or Thor being introduced to Stark and Fury.... Or Banner

Or maybe we will see some reference to Namor? That'd be ok with me :whatever:

I dont know how anyone could infer that he isnt in the movie from that comment.

Joe Johnston: Ah, no.

the only way you could look at this is Namor is in the movie. If Namor wasnt going to be in the movie the conversation would have gone like this:

Joe Johnston answer #1: He's not in the movie
Joe Johnston answer #2: Who is Namor?

not exactly. the interviewer asked if the invaders were in the movie, johnston said yes, then the exchange you posted followed. interviewer assumed namor based on the invaders, and johnston just looked dumbfounded at the question.

Yes, I'd guess Johnston didn't know what to say when asked "Namor. Is he going to have little wings on his feet?"
Might have been bemused at the presumption if he doesn't know much about the comic book Invaders.

not exactly. the interviewer asked if the invaders were in the movie, johnston said yes, then the exchange you posted followed. interviewer assumed namor based on the invaders, and johnston just looked dumbfounded at the question.

where are you getting that from???
Why would he say no???
Wouldnt he say Namor isnt in the movie???
or is JJ to much of a moron to actually say what he means???
or you dont think Marvel or JJ would have came out already to correct the "mistake" he made.

There is video online somewhere... I've seen it. JJ seems pretty straight faced when he says no to wings on Namor... not dumbfounded at all.

where are you getting that from???
Why would he say no???
Wouldnt he say Namor isnt in the movie???
or is JJ to much of a moron to actually say what he means???
or you dont think Marvel or JJ would have came out already to correct the "mistake" he made.

just like warner bros immediately comes out and corrects all the things michael caine says about the batman movies? they don't care if a bunch of us online are speculating and theorizing. could namor be in the movie? sure. i'm just saying that this isn't the proof that he is.

There is video online somewhere... I've seen it. JJ seems pretty straight faced when he says no to wings on Namor... not dumbfounded at all.

we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. or have a face-reading-off :woot:

There is no video of this interaction. The guy asked JJ the question while getting a poster signed at the Marvel SDCC booth.

No... I've seen video of someone getting sound bytes from JJ and he asked if Namor would have wings on his feet in the movie and JJ said in one word... "No."

No... I've seen video of someone getting sound bytes from JJ and he asked if Namor would have wings on his feet in the movie and JJ said in one word... "No."

Highly unlikely. The guy who asked him the question writes for the site I used to write for. I asked him if he had video or audio of this specific instance and he said no. Remember, it wasn't during an interview; it was just a randomly posed question.

Both Cryptic Name and I have seen it... it exists somewhere. I'm not making it up.

You know, it's probably for the best that Namor isn't in the first Cap film. That way he can interact with the modern era of humans. The fact that he doesn't age because of his Atlantean biology may be fine for comics but it probably wouldn't be that workable in a film.

no, It's silly if so many people follow Steve through from the 1940's to present day. That's fine in a comic book that's lasted for over 70 years but it takes something away creatively from Steve as a character if he isn't a man out of time.

Never been a problem for Wolverine.

Personally don't think Namor will be in this one (least not as a major character*) as his presence would be detracting from Cap. This is Cap's movie, Namor can have his own later.

*It's possible there may be some nod to Namor. More of an Easter egg that the fans will pick up on than an in your face appearance. I'm thinking this as Heinz Kruger never got away in the comics, he was killed shortly after assassinating Erskine. As it seems he does get away in that mini-submarine, they might have some nod to Namor after that.

People like Wolverine & Fury aren't men out of time because they've lived through & adapted to the changes of the decades. Cap's a man out of time because he didn't experience those changes. From his POV things were one way one day and then radically different the next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"