which Invaders do you want for First Avenger Captain America?

Discussion in 'Captain America: The First Avenger' started by KangConquers, Mar 24, 2010.

?

Which Invaders

1. Human Torch (Jim Hammond)

2. Toro

3. Sub-Mariner

4. Bucky

5. Union Jack

6. Spitfire

7. The Whizzer

8. Red Guardian

9. Black Panther (T'Chaka)

10. Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. afan Registered

^He would or should be fairly tall though.

2. Kokomo29 "You're my #1 uh-guuuy!"

I wouldn't mind if Namor wasn't wearing his traditional green shorts and was in something a little more traditional, but I really want the filmmakers to keep his physical look aligned with what is in the comics.

3. Rage Valar Morghulis

I'm thinking that he'll not be in the shorts and will probably be wearing something similar to what he wears now. Black looking body suit... that seems typical.

4. captainrogers Diluted SuperSoldier

I still don't think Namor's gonna be in this flick.
    If the movie comes out, and he's not in it, then I'm right.
    If I'm wrong, Namor will finally be on the big screen as an Invader, and I'll have a nerdgasm.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think he's in.
    Have we gotten any other indications of Submariner's presence other than the 'Wings' Johnston interview, and reports of an Asian looking man in a scene?

5. roach I am the night

i look at it like Ant man in Avengers...when asked about him Whedon said he wasnt in the film..end of discussion
    When asked about Namor he said he wouldnt have the wings....seems to reason that Namor is in this film and maybe a secret Marvel is holding on to...when did anyone know Fury was gonna be in IM????

6. Rage Valar Morghulis

Also, maybe the Namor we see is in a montage or a newsreel or something like the beginning of the Watchmen... he may not actually have a line of dialogue and could just be someone standing in the background of a photo. I hope we get Namor and Union Jack though....that would rock!

7. Kokomo29 "You're my #1 uh-guuuy!"

I would even be okay if he didn't have an on-screen introduction. If he just flew down next to Cap and was fighting; I'd be cool with that. I just want him in the movie! :woot:

8. Kokomo29 "You're my #1 uh-guuuy!"

So with the newest batch of info stating that The Invaders would not be the traditional line-up in the movie, what does that say about Johnston's statement regarding Namor? Was he just kidding and is Namor NOT in the move? Or, could Namor still be in it?

9. OB12 Registered

I would venture to say that Namor will probably be in the film, but will only be slightly more than the nod that he got in IM2, which was basically just a coordinate in the middle of the Atlantic. It may be a photo or a some similar reference, but I think the chances of Namor fighting side by side with Cap is probably pretty small.

10. Vartha Mod of Thunder

I'm thinking Union Jack myself, Not sure of where Namor's contract is film wise.

11. Astro13Zombie Registered

I would LOVE for Namor & The original torch to be in this movie.
    I just re read this again last night.
    [​IMG]
    Forgot how awesome it is...
    Made me want them in the movie even more than I already did.:woot:

12. marcvader Lurker #1

Hammond would be cool in this movie. To differentiate him from F4 Torch you could make him look like the picture above. His synthetic skin turns red from the intense heat and emits flame. I know it would never happen because it would only confuse the heck out of the non-readers.

13. Crimson King Superhero Novelista

Didn't Johnston already say he was in it (and wouldn't have wings)?

14. Kokomo29 "You're my #1 uh-guuuy!"

That's what I thought, too :yay: I just re-read MARVELS, too and it was an awesome read! I love the Namor/Human Torch battle and the giant tidal wave Namor unleashes on an unsuspecting New York!

15. Kurosawa Registered

If only 4, then Torch, Toro, Subby and Bucky...but I'm not expecting the Invaders. An Invaders movie, however, would rock.

16. Crimson King Superhero Novelista

I thought Alex Ross' take on Torch was pretty neat. To have a guy that looks like he's actually on fire rather than just glowing red with a fire aura around him was brilliant.

17. captainrogers Diluted SuperSoldier

Nah. To my knowledge, Johnston hasn't been directly quoted as saying NAMOR was in the film. He was only asked if Namor would have wings, and his reply almost seemed like he was confused by the question (something like " Ahh...no.") I think when it was announced that the invaders would make an appearance of some sort, people just generally assumed Subby was in. I'm more inclined to think there will be some sort of passing reference to him. Of course, should my all my nerd longings be fullfilled and he IS in, it'd be pretty cool if Namor were the captured friend that Cap goes AWOL to rescue. Having An Atlantean to vivisect would be pretty valuable for the Nazi's and Hydra to have right? Heck, I'd love it if Master Man were in too as a product of Arnim Zola's findings with his research on human and Atlantean physiology. But I dream. :)

18. Brian Braddock R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Devil's Advocate - say they did indeed feature the Torch, but attempted to differenciate him from Johnny Storm by having Hammond burn with a blue flame - would people be up in arms?

And consider this - a blue flame is hotter than a yellow/orange one so it would sorta infer that he's more powerful than the FF Human Torch (or at least Fox's version of the Human Torch ;) )

19. Mrs. Sawyer Registered

I don't understand why people think Johnston said Namor was going to be in the film. All he said was no to the question of whether Namor had wings or not. It sounds more like he was flaking off the question.

And Marvels is awesome. I love that GN.

I like that idea. I would love for them to do that. Differentiate themselves and it would kinda look cooler than yellow/orange flames.

20. Crimson King Superhero Novelista

Why would he answer it that way if he wasn't in the movie? All he had to say was, "No Namor this time," and that's that. I guess you can read it in a number of ways, but I took it as a moment of truth caused by surprise rather than a moment of misinformation caused by surprise.

21. Crimson King Superhero Novelista

I love this idea, but I always think of Hellboy's girlfriend when I think blue flames. That's stupid, I know. Still true.

22. Mrs. Sawyer Registered

But there's overwhelming proof that he isn't in the film. The fact that he hasn't been announced or even rumored beyond that one questionable quote.

Once again, he could've been just flaking the question. He probably just didn't to talk about it. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Namor, but saying he'll be in the film based on one answer to and indirect question is a huge overreaction in my eyes.

23. roach I am the night

but if Namor wasnt going to be in the film then all he had to do was say no Namor...like Whedon did for Antman...

24. Crimson King Superhero Novelista

His answer makes me lean toward Namor being in the movie (in some capacity) because the question was so specific. It wasn't "is Namor in the movie?" it was "does he have wings?" If he wasn't considering him for a part, he wouldn't have answered that question at all. My thinking, anyway.

Another possibility: he shows up after credits

25. captainrogers Diluted SuperSoldier

Well, I think I am right and you are wrong. But I hope I'm wrong and you are right. :)