First Avenger which Invaders do you want for First Avenger Captain America?

I have never heard of any mention of Olympus myself in any of the articles I have read or videos I have seen, where they are discussing the movie with the actors, directors and or writers. However, it's entirely possible I could have missed something, so does anyone else know if there has been anything officially mentioned with regards to Olympus?

Surfer

I don't think so. Though there's no reason I know of that Marvel couldn't use it and Hercules down the line I doubt they will (Can't see them opening up the whole Pantheon of Gods they have from the books in these movies)

Maybe Hercules could be used in one of the short films they are planning, but to be honest there is better Marvel properties they can develope, even with the shorts.

Agreed, they need to introduce their original and unique characters. Lord knows they have plenty to choose from.

After Cap, I'd like to see Black Panther on the big screen, or even a properly done short film.

Maybe Hercules could be used in one of the short films they are planning, but to be honest there is better Marvel properties they can develope, even with the shorts.

Either that or have Herc cameo in Thor 2. I beleive there may be a thread about it in the Thor Sequels forum. :cwink:

Thing is Hercules, Olympus, Zues, etc, have been done many a time on film/tv etc, and Marvel's version is not that far removed from what's gone before.

Thor, and Norse mythology in general, have not been done much at all on film/tv afaik (can only think of a handful of things I've seen some version of 'Thor' actually appear in), and Marvel's take on him (Lee/Kirby/Simonson versions) is very different from anything you'd find in the traditional myths, or anything anyone else has done.

So for those reasons I really cant see Marvel planning on bringing in Hercules, not while they have much more original characters they can play about with first.

Yeah, I agree with you wobbly, but I still wouldn't mind seeing Hercules appear if Thor makes it to maybe a third film. I think it would be cool to have them battle first and then join forces against a bigger threat.

Surfer

cliche Surfer... cliche :D

I'm kinda pumped to see Namor in this movie... and I REALLY want to see Union Jack (man I love that oldschool Union Jack Costume!)

cliche Surfer... cliche :D

I'm kinda pumped to see Namor in this movie... and I REALLY want to see Union Jack (man I love that oldschool Union Jack Costume!)

It may be cliche, but I would still pay to see it.:yay:

I am also excited to see the inclusion of the invaders (especially Namor and Union Jack) and I can't wait to see how they incorporate them into this film.

Surfer

Do you think we'll get Union Jack in this movie. I hope so... but the 6 member team thing that came out leads me to believe that he'll be left out.

1. Cap
2. Bucky
3. Namor
4. Dum Dum
5. Peggy Carter
6. Nick Fury?

Do you think we'll get Union Jack in this movie. I hope so... but the 6 member team thing that came out leads me to believe that he'll be left out.

1. Cap
2. Bucky
3. Namor
4. Dum Dum
5. Peggy Carter
6. Nick Fury?

I sure hope we do, because I think it is important they show a superhero that can represent other countries during the war. It might also help the Captain America movie to win over International audiences.

Surfer

I agree Surfer. I hope to see Union Jack and maybe Black Panther... but I don't really hold out hope.

maybe they can do an Invaders short before Captain America. Since Marvel has said that they are planning on doing 10-15 minute short films to introduce other characters before the feature film. Then we could see Namor, Captain Britain, Black Panther and maybe Spitfire or Nick Fury

1. Cap
2. Bucky
3. Namor
4. Dum Dum
5. Peggy Carter
6. Nick Fury?

When was Namor confirmed?

JJ was being interviewed a couple weeks back and he let slip (in jest or not) that Namor was in the movie and that he had also taken the wings off of that character too.

JJ was being interviewed a couple weeks back and he let slip (in jest or not) that Namor was in the movie and that he had also taken the wings off of that character too.

But he didn't say namor was or wasn't in the movie. He just said no about wings. I hope Namor's in it but I won't believe he's in it until he's been announced.

But he didn't say namor was or wasn't in the movie. He just said no about wings. I hope Namor's in it but I won't believe he's in it until he's been announced.

Yeah, he was hinted perhaps based on the answer, but I would still say not confirmed.

Surfer

What makes me doubt his inclusion is that we haven't heard any casting confirmation let alone any rumors.

well I dont think the movie is done casting...also if Namor wasnt in the movie I think the director would have said so instead of saying no wings on him

well I dont think the movie is done casting...also if Namor wasnt in the movie I think the director would have said so instead of saying no wings on him

Also, (although unlikely in my opinion) there is some rumors that the asian soldier mentioned to be spotted at the USO show could be Namor in disguise.

Surfer

Or possilbly Namor looks asian... much like Spock was thought to be asian when they travelled back in time on Star Trek.

If Namor is in "First Avenger", and they dumb him down I will be disappointed....by dumb him down I mean...make him "realistic" somehow.

I think that to an extra that is watching this scene from a distance... Namor may look asian (dark hair, olive skinned and sharp features)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"