Days of Future Past Which is better: X2 or First Class?

X2 benefet from Bryan Singer having done X-Men and knew what worked,what didn't,and went all out on X2.X2 has highest fresh rating on RT(88%) of any X-men film
and only Iron Man and The Avengers beat It among marvel studios film.It also Is X Film
that consently ends up on 10 top comic book films list.

My hope If Days of future Past Is Matthew Vaughn's X2.

That's my hope.

First Class :o I can't forgive the trilogy's inconsistency

no kidding... it's not like FC isn't a part of the film series... it's part of them

Yeah, how people still don't get that is beyond me.
X2 benefet from Bryan Singer having done X-Men and knew what worked,what didn't,and went all out on X2.X2 has highest fresh rating on RT(88%) of any X-men film
and only Iron Man and The Avengers beat It among marvel studios film.It also Is X Film
that consently ends up on 10 top comic book films list.

My hope If Days of future Past Is Matthew Vaughn's X2.

That's my hope as well, because FC didn't really hit that mark for me. Even though I enjoyed TASM, I hope the sequel is Webb's SM2.

X2's takes on a few characters arent the best. Singer seemed like he was starting to get the hang of things in X2, but still left alot to be desired with other characters. In two films we never saw anything decent with Cyc or Storm, and Iceman/Rogue were pretty dull themselves imo. The Prof X/Magneto stuff in FC is what makes it a better film with me. By far the strongest character stuff Ive seen in any of the films. Action wise no contest, X2 owns.

X2's takes on a few characters arent the best. Singer seemed like he was starting to get the hang of things in X2, but still left alot to be desired with other characters. In two films we never saw anything decent with Cyc or Storm, and Iceman/Rogue were pretty dull themselves imo. The Prof X/Magneto stuff in FC is what makes it a better film with me. By far the strongest character stuff Ive seen in any of the films. Action wise no contest, X2 owns.

Totally agree. X2 only wins in the action department because of Wolverine and that's not enough to overcome the prolems with the characters. Many of Singer's characters were almost pointless, they were also pretty weak too. Singer never pushed the envelope or made the characters interesting, the only thing he did was give us Wolverine.

X2.It reamins my favorate Marvel film.And best adaptian of my favorate Comic book.

Totally agree. X2 only wins in the action department because of Wolverine and that's not enough to overcome the prolems with the characters. Many of Singer's characters were almost pointless, they were also pretty weak too. Singer never pushed the envelope or made the characters interesting, the only thing he did was give us Wolverine.

What about Darwin, Angel Sal, Azazel, Emma Frost, Banshee, Havok, Riptide...all pretty pointless weak characters imo. They serve their purpose but you don't really get to know them well, what makes them tick, what they want etc. You didn't find Nightcrawler, Stryker, Pyro, Magneto, Jean, Mystique and Bobby interesting in X2? I'd say they all had actual character arcs through-out the film whereas Rogue, Storm and Cyclops were kind of just there, pointless and weak. I love both movies, I think they're great but I find X2 better in just about every aspect.

Rogue was just there in all of the films.

Just there? She’s one of the driving forces, if not the driving force, of X-Men and is responsible for introducing the audience to the X-World and the pitfalls of being a mutant. She’s the only character whose origin is established and dealt with in “real time” and, because of that, has more of a character arc than almost anyone else in the trilogy.

Last edited:
I prefer First Class.

But they are both great movies.

First Class does have a better team vibe and what can I say, I just dig the 1960s setting so incredibly much. Sebastian Shaw is a more compelling villain too.

X2 is great though - easily the highlight of the trilogy. But it was nice to get away from a Wolverine-centric plot for once with First Class.

Just there? She’s one of the driving forces, if not the driving force, of X-Men and is responsible for introducing the audience to the X-World and the pitfalls of being a mutant. She’s the only character whose origin is established and dealt with in “real time” and, because of that, has more of a character arc than almost anyone else in the trilogy.

I'd say she was the main character of X-Men 1 along with Wolverine and Magneto. Each movie following her role got a little smaller, she wasn't "just there" I suppose but she wasn't as important or the focus as she was in the first one.

Either way, they are both great! :awesome:

I feel that Storm was under used, she was mostly there to look a bit moral and occassionaly get cross with humans or students. Not Berry's fault, I think she did a really good job interpreting the character but she was not the focus of any of the plot IMHO. In thruth, the films were mostly about Wolverine and Rogue.

Yeah, Storm was wasted. Rogue annoyed the hell out of me, always liked the character and Anna Paquin just not fond of that take. She comes off very weak and whiney to me. One thing I liked about the characters in FC is they showed some other emotions besides depression. Everyone in Singers films always feel one note, even in comedic moments. I bought the range of McAvoy and Fassbender's performances more then any other characters in the franchise. They just sell it more. Theres def problems with other characters in FC, and the Hellfire Club is a bit of a waste. I did really like everything Singer did with Nightcrawler in X2, dont know how they could have got that character any better. But None of the films are perfect ....yet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"