Days of Future Past Which is better: X2 or First Class?

Agreed. X2 is great from start to finish. First Class has VERY minor issues throughout.

I really have to rewatch X2 to be sure, but as of right now I'd rank X2 and FC as tie for first place, followed by X-Men, X3, and XMO: Wolverine.

If First Class just has a bit more time to iron out the kinks, it would be THE best in the series. But you can tell that the film was rushed by certain elements of the film. Some things just aren't as smooth or as clever as in X2.

First Class is better.
X2 is great but it's not as flawless as some people like to make out. It drags a lot in the middle, Cyclops is, once again, grossly underused, a slightly rushed ending, etc.

Stryker, Nightcrawler and Mystique are the only reasons I still bother sitting through X2.

Sharkbender + Ice Queen Jones are the only reasons I continuously watch First Class on repeat every Thursday.

By my logic, First Class is the most watched and thus I prefer it.

I guess I could say the same things about X2.

My only gripes with FC were the score, Angel and Riptide

I'm gonna go with first class with this one, I simply enjoyed it more and I prefer the overall tone and vision they went with, I can't wait for Vaughn to introduce the more well known x men in the sequels.

First Class is better.
X2 is great but it's not as flawless as some people like to make out. It drags a lot in the middle, Cyclops is, once again, grossly underused, a slightly rushed ending, etc.

Exactly, X2 has some series pace issues. Both movies are about the same length, but X2 just drags.

not to mention it didn't have the team balance FC had.

I'm not sure I agree with this that much anymore. First Class has better chemistry, but balance? Eh. There is a very clear hierarchy in First Class, perhaps moreso than in X2, and X2 has more characters to balance and still manages to do one of the best jobs in the genre.

EDIT: Scratch that. First Class has better team balance. I'm still on the fence about overall balance, but, by the end of First Class, they work better as a team than in X2.

Last edited:
I prefer First Class. To be honest, I'd probably have to watch X2 again as I probably haven't seen it since it came out, but I just thought First Class was a better film overall.

I mean both were awesome films but I think that First Class was so much about hte characters whereas X2 was almost all about the mutant v human v guys stuck in the middle.

Both movies are great, and FC has grown on me incredibly through re-watches even though I loved it in the cinema, but X2 will always shade it for me, though not by much.

My only hope is come 2 years time we have another X-Men to argue about when it comes to the question of "which is the best."

Both movies are great, and FC has grown on me incredibly through re-watches even though I loved it in the cinema, but X2 will always shade it for me, though not by much.

My only hope is come 2 years time we have another X-Men to argue about when it comes to the question of "which is the best."

Hopefully X-Men: Days of Future Past is going to be a great movie!:woot:

Neither were perfect but X2 still comes out superior.

FC represents "The little engine that could" being that the previous two films weren't received that well.

Magneto was great, Charles was okay, I liked Banshee as well.

That's about it.

I have to go with X2. I watched it again this weekend, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. FC is good, but there are a few parts that leave me bored.

Last edited:
X2 is probably more 'polished' and consistent in all areas of production. (But there are parts that fall a bit short for me. Jean vs Cyclops at the dam was too brief, and Jean's death didn't have maximum emotional/cinematic impact.)

First Class has a few parts that fall short, usually production decisions like the look of Beast in some scenes.

It's the level of polish that puts X2 above First Class for me.

X2 benefet from Bryan Singer having done X-Men and knew what worked,what didn't,and went all out on X2.X2 has highest fresh rating on RT(88%) of any X-men film
and only Iron Man and The Avengers beat It among marvel studios film.It also Is X Film
that consently ends up on 10 top comic book films list.

My hope If Days of future Past Is Matthew Vaughn's X2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"