• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Which MCU film has the best cinematography?

Ultron-5

Sidekick
Reaction score
Out of all the films so far in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which one has the best cinematography?

I really love the look of the original Iron Man.

I voted Iron Man 1.

Winter Soldier and Thor 1 have good moments as well.

Guardians. Followed by the first Iron Man.

Marvel is not known for having great cinematography. The least bad is GOTG.

Hmm, the first two Iron Man films, by default really. Possibly GOTG in third place. But for the most, the Marvel Studio films have really poor cinematography. They look like really expensive TV movies. It makes them feel more episodic big screen adventures than actual cinema.

I'd probably take The Winter Soldier as my pick. I found it to even outshine Nolan's movies in terms of capturing action on the less superpowered scale (although it's in part due to having better working action scenes, which isn't really cinematography).

I also really like how TDW and GotG looks.

GotG, Winter Soldier, and Iron Man are all pretty close for me, but I chose GotG. What seals the deal there is the Knowhere scene, holy crap that scene! It was shot so well, the entrance sequence was so spectacular!

Iron Man 1/2. Libatique's work is uniformly excellent. Just the right balance of gloss and grit.

TWS was shot beautifully. Concept-wise I like how TDW merged LotR and Star Wars in much of it.

Guardians by far. The cinematography for the other movies never really stood out as much for me.

Guardians. I wish Marvel would work on this area. It looks like AOU will be a big step up from their previous film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EliSan
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"