Which THOR again?

Rust

First Son Of Yesterday
Reaction score
Whatever Vaughn said... http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6309

I'm confused... and less than insightful when it comes to the "Marvel THOR" as Vaughn mentions. I thought the "Marvel THOR" took place in our modern world, but Vaughn speaks of an Asgardian fantasy-setting, yes? Will the movie have a parallel world-scenario? :huh:

i think the reference was to clarify he meant the comic character not the real world mythological one

Whatever Vaughn said... http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6309

I'm confused... and less than insightful when it comes to the "Marvel THOR" as Vaughn mentions. I thought the "Marvel THOR" took place in our modern world, but Vaughn speaks of an Asgardian fantasy-setting, yes? Will the movie have a parallel world-scenario? :huh:

I feel you it sounds like double speak as Marvel Thor is not based in Asgard.

So while he says its not LOTR or Narnia we are going to have frost giants and elves and dwarves hmmmmmm yeh not LOTR or Narnia and NOT Marvel Thor either great writing team on this one looks like they are just going to go ahead and SKIP all source material and make up some lame ass story on there own.... oh wait they already did.
A tales of Asgrad story for Thor where he learns a lesson in humility hmmm so why was he sent to earth again cause last I checked it was to learn humility.......
Not even sure if this is going to be worth a straight to DVD based on what I have heard so far.

You people act like Thor never was involved with Asgard. I for one think it's important to have it all in Asgard.

Then The Avengers movie could be the first we see of Thor on Earth. All movies should lead to the Avengers movie.

If anything, Thor on Earth would be much more of a straight to video release.

Hello 3dman27! :)

3dman27 said:
i think the reference was to clarify he meant the comic character not the real world mythological one

Thus Vaughan ends up contradicting himself.

Howdy NateGray! :)

NateGray said:
I feel you it sounds like double speak as Marvel Thor is not based in Asgard.

Agreed.

So while he says its not LOTR or Narnia we are going to have frost giants and elves and dwarves hmmmmmm yeh not LOTR or Narnia and NOT Marvel Thor either great writing team on this one looks like they are just going to go ahead and SKIP all source material and make up some lame ass story on there own.... oh wait they already did.

Precisely.

A tales of Asgrad story for Thor where he learns a lesson in humility hmmm so why was he sent to earth again cause last I checked it was to learn humility.......

Which of course means you need to show Thor as a bragging bully, which means he won't even be heroic in his own movie - way to start a franchise.

Not even sure if this is going to be worth a straight to DVD based on what I have heard so far.

I doubt that, considering a $100 million budget is guaranteed. You don't have $100 million DTdvd.

Hey KangConquers! :)

KangConquers said:
You people act like Thor never was involved with Asgard.

He wasn't for quite some time into his Marvel origins.

I for one think it's important to have it all in Asgard.

Didn't we establish a few months ago that you are primarily an Avengers fan who doesn't know diddly ***** about Thor?

Then The Avengers movie could be the first we see of Thor on Earth. All movies should lead to the Avengers movie.

Wrong, all franchises (other than perhaps Captain America) should be self contained.

If anything, Thor on Earth would be much more of a straight to video release.

Wrong. Thor on Earth is the movie they SHOULD make, just like Galactus should NOT be a cloud and Doctor Doom should NOT be a business man who gains powers from a cosmic storm.

However, Hollywood are spineless, short-sighted and prone to bandwagon jumping.

He wasn't for quite some time into his Marvel origins.

Didn't we establish a few months ago that you are primarily an Avengers fan who doesn't know diddly ***** about Thor?

Wrong, all franchises (other than perhaps Captain America) should be self contained.

Wrong. Thor on Earth is the movie they SHOULD make, just like Galactus should NOT be a cloud and Doctor Doom should NOT be a business man who gains powers from a cosmic storm.

However, Hollywood are spineless, short-sighted and prone to bandwagon jumping.

Wow, you're a pissy little fellow.

Excuse me for enjoying the Frost Giant/ Troll side of Thor more than the Donald Blake side.

It's not about Spine, it's about taking what is unique about the character, and rolling with it. If you really think they're doing a Thor trilogy...well I won't argue that...I don't think they will...but if they do.

It'll be (and should be)

Thor 1: Thor in asgard gets sent to Earth.
Thor 2: Enter Doctor Donald Blake.
Thor 3: Thor back to Asgard, Ragnarok.

That's how I'd do it...But I suppose you'd rather see Thor like every other average Marvel super hero, flying through NYC.

Well, I always hoped for an all Asgard-setting, but that wouldn't be the Marvel-THOR, I know. I just happen to find the Marvel-THOR silly and blasphemous (or heathenish). :whatever:

I'd much rather have it be a fantasy/adventure-movie (ala LOTR/13th Warrior) with a comicbook touch which is more or less what mythology is all about in the first place. Superheroes, myths and legends from the dark ages.

Unfortunately, I imagine them doing it Masters Of The Universe-style and bringing the Asgardians and what not into our world.

Thor 1 can be made in several flashbacks inside Thor 2. Saving time and money. It would be better watching Thor gradually gets its power/abilities to the peak or not doing Donald Blake at all.

Unfortunately, I imagine them doing it Masters Of The Universe-style and bringing the Asgardians and what not into our world.

Oh, that's what I fear for the sequel (they say the first one will be solely in Asgard).

If it starts with Donald Blake and Earth, Thor will be more about self-discovery, slowly uncovering Asgard piece by piece and movie audiences will enjoy more on this gradual expositions on Norse Mythology.

I'd be fine with the first Thor movie being completely set in Asgard as long as the sequel is set on Earth and has characters such as Donald Blake and whatnot.

Excuse me for enjoying the Frost Giant/ Troll side of Thor more than the Donald Blake side.

It's not about Spine, it's about taking what is unique about the character, and rolling with it. If you really think they're doing a Thor trilogy...well I won't argue that...I don't think they will...but if they do.

It'll be (and should be)

That's how I'd do it...But I suppose you'd rather see Thor like every other average Marvel super hero, flying through NYC.

Do you know anything about the character at all? seriously?
Thor is an arrogant bully in Asgard hence why Odin chooses to bind his soul with that of Dr Donald Blake and send him to Earth to teach him humility.
Now that sounds like a plot worthy of watching.
Thor being the bully in Asgard not really so much.

KangConquers said:

If by that you mean I like to derail silly ideas before they build up a head of steam...then yes.

Nothing personal though. :cwink:

You can still have some of that as previously mentioned through flashbacks.

It's not about Spine,

Thats exactly what its about.

it's about taking what is unique about the character, and rolling with it.

Thor is more unique an individual when surrounded by mortals, NOT other gods.

If you really think they're doing a Thor trilogy...well I won't argue that...I don't think they will...but if they do.

If they do things your way I certainly don't expect sequels.

It'll be (and should be)

Thor gets sent to Earth to learn humility. Ergo, the pre-Blake Thor is NOT a hero, hes a bragging bully. Basically hes a d***.

I'd rather see Thor stay as true to the comic origins as possible, just as all successful comic book franchises have done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"