Thor: Script Reviews/Discussion

I'm sure they're casting Thor right now while they're working on the budget.

http://www.thisisnorthscotland.co.u...entPK=18987056&folderPk=112383&pNodeId=191800

Matthew wants to shoot in UK?

Matthew Vaughn has apparently declared that after the success of Stardust, he is determined to film his next flick in the UK.

The director's box office No 1, starring Michelle Pfeiffer, Robert De Niro, Peter O'Toole and Sienna Miller, was filmed on home soil.

"It obviously bought us luck filming at home and I'm relieved the movie had performed so well in my own country," he told the Daily Mail.

The 36-year-old - who is married to model Claudia Schiffer - is now set to helm his next project Thor, based on the Marvel comic strip.

There is pressure on him to shoot in Hollywood, he apparently admitted, but he is determined to stay in this country.

"We have the A-list actors, designers and cinematographers and crew in Britain, so there's no need to make Thor among the madness in Los Angeles," he is quoted as saying.

Hey; where ever he's most comfortable is ok by ME. :yay:

Just give us a top-notch, kick-ass film, Matt.

Although i have no problem with the movie being filmed in Britain, it would have been cool and almost poetic in a way to film it in Old Scandinavian Northern Europe, where the old Norse Gods were originally worshipped.
However i doubt that the facilities to manage a massive hollywood-style production could be found there. I could be wrong though.

It's great that he wants to help the UK film industry in the process but I don't see this being allowed to happen. One of the reasons Greengrass' version of Watchmen was axed was because of the extra costs of wanting to do the movie there so I doubt if Marvel will oblige him.

I have nothing against filming Thor in the UK. Matter of fact I think it's a better idea than filming it in the US.

Although i have no problem with the movie being filmed in Britain, it would have been cool and almost poetic in a way to film it in Old Scandinavian Northern Europe, where the old Norse Gods were originally worshipped.
However i doubt that the facilities to manage a massive hollywood-style production could be found there. I could be wrong though.

I'd love it if Thor were filmed here in the UK.

The Norsemen/Vikings did come here and have an enduring impact on this country. They created the territories that formed England and Scotland. Scotland was particularly heavily settled by Norse people. DNA evidence has shown the Viking influence here in the UK.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ancient/vikings/overview_vikings_01.shtml
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/1689955.stm
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2001/08/21/nvik21.xml
http://www.orkneyjar.com/history/vikingorkney/genetics.htm

Filming it here would be great for the UK movie industry, would have great resonance with the UK's Viking history, and could be a catalyst to get other superhero movies made outside the usual setting of American skyscrapers. Bring on Excalibur!

He should film in the scottish mountains. They are quite beautiful and looked great in the first Highlander film.

http://www.thisisnorthscotland.co.u...entPK=18987056&folderPk=112383&pNodeId=191800

Matthew wants to shoot in UK?

Matthew Vaughn has apparently declared that after the success of Stardust, he is determined to film his next flick in the UK.

The director's box office No 1, starring Michelle Pfeiffer, Robert De Niro, Peter O'Toole and Sienna Miller, was filmed on home soil.

"It obviously bought us luck filming at home and I'm relieved the movie had performed so well in my own country," he told the Daily Mail.

The 36-year-old - who is married to model Claudia Schiffer - is now set to helm his next project Thor, based on the Marvel comic strip.

There is pressure on him to shoot in Hollywood, he apparently admitted, but he is determined to stay in this country.

"We have the A-list actors, designers and cinematographers and crew in Britain, so there's no need to make Thor among the madness in Los Angeles," he is quoted as saying.
NICE find He-Man!
If I'm not mistaken the movie Legend with Tom Cruze was also filmed there in the UK. That was one of my Favorite films because of the look. I had the vhs just because of the look and music.
Now from What I've seen of Stardust, it's in the same catagory look wise and if Vaughn can get that look again, it will rock.

NICE find He-Man!
If I'm not mistaken the movie Legend with Tom Cruze was also filmed there in the UK. That was one of my Favorite films because of the look. I had the vhs just because of the look and music.
Now from What I've seen of Stardust, it's in the same catagory look wise and if Vaughn can get that look again, it will rock.

Legend was filmed on a Pinewood Studio soundstage. The forsets look really real in the film though. They had live birds and stuff inside.

Yeah I knew it was filmed on a stage, it's the approach they had on the film.
I think that since Thor is originally from that whole area of Europe, that it should be filmed there.
I think Vaughn was a good choice. I like the visuals in Stardust and like I said if he can get the same kind of look Thor will at least look great.

We know the Script is epic, we know the look can be a match, Just pray that the acting will match.

... hopefully it will have the action of the comics with the sweeping grandeur of the old myths..

but if Marvel is looking to hack the budget constantly.. I fear for it..

Too bad they never film anything in Scandinavia. The setting in those countries are spectacular in films (ie Iceland in Bats and Bond). Even places like Newfoundland or Cape Breton Island in Canada would be good. Though I can't complain about UK, esp. if they're going to film it somewhere in Scotland or Ireland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"