Which Ultimate characters are better versions than their 616 counterparts?

I think of it as comparing apples to oranges. Some of the Ultimate Characters do work because of the universe they are in. And while the Ultimate Universe has a few pluses, none of the characters stand out as better. Some are certainly interesting and fun to read. But not a single one of the Ultimate characters are better than the 616 characters.

Bah, I think the UU could have improved a lot of D-list villains (like what Timm did with Clock King) but didn't often. Often they took decent villains and made them way worse (ex: Scorpion.)

There are tons of D-list villains who could have been made more interesting or dangerous: Trapster could have an expert with death traps, Egghead could have been a SHIELD scientist who sold tech secrets to the highest bidder.

However I think I prefer Ultimate Mojo to regular Mojo.

Cable, just because he's so much less complicated. Although it would be a bit unfair for me judge only Cable for that.

I'd much rather have Cable be a slightly complicated but mostly cool character than a future version of Wolvestupidrine.

Ultimate Nick Fury all the way. As for the rest of the Ultimates they come across like their 616 counterparts.

None of the Ultimate xmen are as good as their 616 counterparts, well as of yet. Hold on Wolverine is the same as he is in the 616 universe.

Ultimate Nick Fury all the way. As for the rest of the Ultimates they come across like their 616 counterparts.

None of the Ultimate xmen are as good as their 616 counterparts, well as of yet. Hold on Wolverine is the same as he is in the 616 universe.

Yep. Apparently, it's Ultimate Nick Fury all the way. Nokio has spoken. And in triplicate, no less.

I'd much rather have Cable be a slightly complicated but mostly cool character than a future version of Wolvestupidrine.
I have a bunch of Ultimate X-Men I haven't read nearly enough of, and while I do like Cable a lot in 616 continuity, I appreciate the simpler origin of Ultimate Cable.

Ah c'mon dudes, Hawkeye was absolutely awesome in ultimates 2.

Dude not only showed his skills with bows but with ****ing cutlery, weapons and his own ****ing nails.

Dude broke out of a heavily guarded prison on his own when cap needed help and made it to new york/washington (can't remember) and took out a room full of agents on his own. Then went back after black widow and apparently killed her, that's badass.

I can't name anything hawkeye has done that badass in a single arc in 616.

This doesn't even cover him taking out thor with a localised nuke arrow in ultimate war or taking out a toad-powered rogue while flirting from about over a 100 meters away....

I would also say that ultimate ock is just as good as his ultimate counter part. It's not yet clear about his ability to control metal or just oz induced metal but his personality is golden in my eyes.

Yikes. I thought Hawkeye sucked in Ultimates. Hawkeye is one of my favorite characters in the 616 Verse, but in the Ultimate Verse I couldn't care less what happened to him. He wasn't the Clint Barton I had come to know and love. None of them were.

Yikes. I thought Hawkeye sucked in Ultimates. Hawkeye is one of my favorite characters in the 616 Verse, but in the Ultimate Verse I couldn't care less what happened to him. He wasn't the Clint Barton I had come to know and love. None of them were.
The upgrade to guns made sense to me, simply because they're more pragmatic than a bow and arrows. But guns aren't really what 616 Hawkeye's about, and his trick arrows allow his bow and arrows to still be viable in superpowered combat, so he doesn't even need guns.

Ah c'mon dudes, Hawkeye was absolutely awesome in ultimates 2.

Dude not only showed his skills with bows but with ****ing cutlery, weapons and his own ****ing nails.

Dude broke out of a heavily guarded prison on his own when cap needed help and made it to new york/washington (can't remember) and took out a room full of agents on his own. Then went back after black widow and apparently killed her, that's badass.

I can't name anything hawkeye has done that badass in a single arc in 616.

This doesn't even cover him taking out thor with a localised nuke arrow in ultimate war or taking out a toad-powered rogue while flirting from about over a 100 meters away....

Yeah, he wasn't anything like Hawkeye, if anything he was a bastardized version of Bullseye.

The upgrade to guns made sense to me, simply because they're more pragmatic than a bow and arrows. But guns aren't really what 616 Hawkeye's about, and his trick arrows allow his bow and arrows to still be viable in superpowered combat, so he doesn't even need guns.
Yeah but I like the cocky, smart-ass Clint Barton. The Ultimate Clint is really dull and one dimensional.

The guns make sense to me, but for a different reason. I saw his switch to guns as an outward sign of depression over his family's death.

Yeah, Batman did the same thing.

The guns make sense to me, but for a different reason. I saw his switch to guns as an outward sign of depression over his family's death.

I saw it as more a willingness to be more efficient with killing.

What about the skrull being some seriously badass conquerers that let the greed of a civilization ultimately lead to their downfall...

or superskrull having the powers of everyone on a planet instead of just the fantastic four?

surely....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"