Which version of the Guardians of the Galaxy do you want to see on film?

Modern- but really, I want to see the team from Annihilation Conquest. Groot, Rocket Racoon, Bug, Captain Universe. . . yeah.

Nah, he's too full of holes.

Besides, I wouldn't mind seeing this guy as Groot.

scaled.php

He had a role in Inglorius Basterds and Quentin Tarantino called him the Meryl Streep of trees.

Nah, he's too full of holes.

Besides, I wouldn't mind seeing this guy as Groot.

scaled.php

He had a role in Inglorius Basterds and Quentin Tarantino called him the Meryl Streep of trees.
He's a little to big for a movie like this, he'd demand too much green

The long-rumored Guardians of the Galaxy movie is official, and was announced Saturday evening at the Marvel Studios panel during Comic-Con in San Diego.

Images of Drax, Groot, Star-Lord, Gamora and Rocket Raccoon were shown during the presentation, giving an idea of the main cast. The film is scheduled for release on Aug. 1, 2014.

http://www.newsarama.com/film/sdcc-2012-marvel-studios-guardians-of-the-galaxy.html

Rocket. Effing. Raccoon.

:awesome::up:

Not sure why, but I love Rocket in that pic. He looks badass and cracks me up at the same time.

So does Guardians get its own forum? Or a subforum under Avengers? (like the big three should have, but I digress...)

It ought to get its own forum, since Justice League has one, and this is probably further along than that with an actual release date. Even Ant-Man should get his own forum as well.

I'd suggest it's own forum since I bet Marvel will now make it the next movie franchise.

If the art's good to go by, it looks a lot more faithful to the comic than I thought Marvel Studios would go. Which is great.

The question is, will they pump enough money into this film's budget so that the special effects live up to the vision?

Lord knows Disney has the cash.

If the art's good to go by, it looks a lot more faithful to the comic than I thought Marvel Studios would go. Which is great.
It looks about how I expected them to go since the comic run look is pretty transferable to film.

Is that going to be the lineup? What about Moondragon and Mantis?

I wish they had a few of the originals like Vance Astro (who would be the viewpoint character and almost like having Buck Rogers in the 25th Century encountering all these weirdos).

Is that going to be the lineup? What about Moondragon and Mantis?

I wish they had a few of the originals like Vance Astro (who would be the viewpoint character and almost like having Buck Rogers in the 25th Century encountering all these weirdos).
I think if there are any sequels, they probably add them, but adding a big group of heroes at once wouldn't allow for sufficient characterization to make the audience actually care about them.

I am beyond excited for this.

Glad they've decided to stay faithful to the comic books, too.

For the first movie, the lineup is perfect as is. If the movie is a success, add one or two more for the sequel(s).

And yes, this movie will need a budget north of 250 million to do it justice. No way around it. Which is why it took some balls on Marvel's part to do this movie. Respect.

The question is, will they pump enough money into this film's budget so that the special effects live up to the vision?

Lord knows Disney has the cash.

Can't be the Guardians of the Galaxy if we never see much of the galaxy.

For the first movie, the lineup is perfect as is. If the movie is a success, add one or two more for the sequel(s).

And yes, this movie will need a budget north of 250 million to do it justice. No way around it. Which is why it took some balls on Marvel's part to do this movie. Respect.

Eh, I disagree. If they can do Avengers on 220 million, they can probably do GotG for a little under that, especially if they don't do any expensive stunt casting. They just need to bring the same efficiency of work to the movie.

Lol 220 wont even come close. They spent 260 million on JC, without even ONE A-List actor. Two full-time CGI characters that have to be utterly believable and an outer space setting guarantees a gargantuan budget. Theres no doubt about it.

And if the villain is Thanos (or some other non-human baddie), make that 3 CGI characters plus various alien extras.

200 million doesnt buy **** these days.

Last edited:
I dont think they can have Thanos as the villain if they're using him as the villain for the Avengers..

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"