Reaction score
heath ledger
IMG%5D
195bcvr.jpg
[/IMG]

jack Nicholson
nicholsonjokerbn3.jpg
[/IMG]

I like Ledger´s look as The Joker more than Nicholson´s look and at this point I pretty much think Ledger will outdue Nicholson´s performance.

I like both looks, both offer different and interesting takes on the character (i dig more and more the thrash-dirty-maniac Ledger Joker). Too early to judge entirely though

I can't judge who is the better Joker because I have yet to watch The Dark Knight. I can't say which performance is better without seeing one of them but speaking in terms of visuals only, I'd pick Nicholson's Joker any day. I don't particularly like the messy "grunge" style Joker look that Nolan is using with Heath. I'm in the minority here that thought Nicholson's design was near flawless from florescent green hair to checkered purple pants. Heath's look is more creepy, definitely, and more 'gritty' but not how I'd ever choose the Joker to look like.

Purple tailcoat, big bow tie, flashy clothes, squirting acid flower, and the world's biggest grin. That is how I visualize the Joker. :joker:

joker23qi7.jpg

We all see certain characters different ways, and there are many who'll pick the creepy-based Heath design, which is cool. It's always great to have a diversified group and everyone will like different things. But for me- this look pretty much did it.

Not really a challenge, Ledger for sure. Why? Ledger kills with a knife and aims for blood and gore, while Nicholson kills with balloons.

I can't judge who is the better Joker because I have yet to watch The Dark Knight.

Same here. Right now, we haven't seen Ledger's Joker yet to judge who is better between the 2. But if Ledger nail it, I will think he is better with Joker being more sinister & more insane than what Nicholson did.

Same here. Right now, we haven't seen Ledger's Joker yet to judge who is better between the 2. But if Ledger nail it, I will think he is better with Joker being more sinister & more insane than what Nicholson did.

Visually, Which fits your Joker image more, looks better to you?

Yeah I already know the answer:oldrazz:

I can't judge who is the better Joker because I have yet to watch The Dark Knight. I can't say which performance is better without seeing one of them but speaking in terms of visuals only, I'd pick Nicholson's Joker any day. I don't particularly like the messy "grunge" style Joker look that Nolan is using with Heath. I'm in the minority here that thought Nicholson's design was near flawless from florescent green hair to checkered purple pants. Heath's look is more creepy, definitely, and more 'gritty' but not how I'd ever choose the Joker to look like.

Purple tailcoat, big bow tie, flashy clothes, squirting acid flower, and the world's biggest grin. That is how I visualize the Joker. :joker:

joker23qi7.jpg

We all see certain characters different ways, and there are many who'll pick the creepy-based Heath design, which is cool. It's always great to have a diversified group and everyone will like different things. But for me- this look pretty much did it.
I am in complete agreement with you. Heath's Joker may be an excellent performance, but in my book, The Joker just doesn't look like that. Ugly should never be the word to describe the Clown Prince of Crime and unfortunately thats what they've achieved with The Dark Knight. So while I'm sure I'll enjoy the movie, the whole time I'll be sort of visualizing what Heath would look like in the proper Joker costume.

too early for this question, we havent seen heath as joker yet in action

as a still image jack did a good job, but i gotta say hands down this new joker is gonna take the cake

I am in complete agreement with you. Heath's Joker may be an excellent performance, but in my book, The Joker just doesn't look like that. Ugly should never be the word to describe the Clown Prince of Crime and unfortunately thats what they've achieved with The Dark Knight. So while I'm sure I'll enjoy the movie, the whole time I'll be sort of visualizing what Heath would look like in the proper Joker costume.

I agree i feel the joker should be almost handsome in a crazy way.

I still see joker as a handsome guy with a big grin and a maniac glint in his eyes who can go from suave to manical in an instant. i just cant imaging heaths look joker laughingly handing out icecream to little kids entrancing them with good humour and a witty quip they would run a mile the second they saw him.

Visually, Which fits your Joker image more, looks better to you?

Yeah I already know the answer:oldrazz:

Personally, I would go with Nicholson's Joker's look while adding the black panda eyes. And I would get rid of Nicholson's Joker's perma-grin. I hate the perma-grin look.

And no, you didn't already know the answer. I didn't give it out like the way you thought I was going to say, huh? ;) :D

I don't know. In performance, I can't say jack impressed me, and Heath still hasn't shown up. But In terms of looks I PREFER ledger. But neither really look like the joker. They don't have the joker's slinky build, and while jack's suit looked like the joker's it didn't seem realistic whatsoever.

i think jack was good but it was a differnt series there uncomparable because they are different styles and aproaches

I am a die hard B89 Joker fan but i cant wait to see what Ledger and Nolan does with the role!.

I think Ledger will own the role once the movie is released, but until then, Jack all the way...

It'll take a hell of a lot from Heath to top it, but from what I read, he might just do it...

Way too early for this question

I don't know. In performance, I can't say jack impressed me, and Heath still hasn't shown up. But In terms of looks I PREFER ledger. But neither really look like the joker. They don't have the joker's slinky build, and while jack's suit looked like the joker's it didn't seem realistic whatsoever.

and that's a problem....why?

Well i havent seen any of the movie but i can already tell heath is the man for me... he understands mista j

this thread is completely and utterly pointless at this point in time.

anyone actually putting an opinion down is blind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"