Sequels Who Else Agrees That X4 Should Be Made Before First Class?

X-Men 4 would validate alot of things left open in X-Men 3, like Professor X's mind transfering into the body of his brother. The cure which in magneto's case has started to wear off. Wolverine learning about his past.

But i think we can wait a little longer, so First Class first then X4 Will need to be addressed.

X-Men 4 would validate alot of things left open in X-Men 3, like Professor X's mind transfering into the body of his brother. The cure which in magneto's case has started to wear off. Wolverine learning about his past.

But i think we can wait a little longer, so First Class first then X4 Will need to be addressed.

As long as they plan to someday give us an X4, I'm happy with whatever they start with, but I'd prefer it to be X4 :woot:

The way i look at it is like this, We want a better X4 something we can be proud of something that will fix alot of things that went wrong with X3.

I think Age, is one of the things that has been a problem. Rogue, Iceman, Shadowcat, Colossus, Angel, all relatively young... they have all gotten older but still not really old enough. Im talking about the actors not the actual characters.

To make X4 Brilliant, what you want is all those characters now in there late 20's a gap of about 6 to 8 years between the events of last stand and x-mens future.

So around 2012 2015 maybe have X-Men 4, in the mean time, we have X-Men First Class and Wolverine 2 to tied us over. But essentially we pick up the x-men world with alot of the same cast but much older.

The way i look at it is like this, We want a better X4 something we can be proud of something that will fix alot of things that went wrong with X3.

I think Age, is one of the things that has been a problem. Rogue, Iceman, Shadowcat, Colossus, Angel, all relatively young... they have all gotten older but still not really old enough. Im talking about the actors not the actual characters.

To make X4 Brilliant, what you want is all those characters now in there late 20's a gap of about 6 to 8 years between the events of last stand and x-mens future.

So around 2012 2015 maybe have X-Men 4, in the mean time, we have X-Men First Class and Wolverine 2 to tied us over. But essentially we pick up the x-men world with alot of the same cast but much older.

Sounds like that would work nicely :up:

Cause remember, at the end of X3 The Brotherhood was stop, Magneto was cured, Professor. X comes back (sorta) and mutants were finally starting to get civil justice.... But then let's say we jump forward about 5 to 10 years and things have changed :twisted:

Ashmore was already in his late 20's. He'll be nearing 40 if they wait another 5-6 years. Paquin was also kind of old. Not to the point where they can't play the characters believably, but they will have to be significantly aged in the script. And another trilogy to boot? Wolverine is going to have to be recasted for X-4 anyways. Stewart and Ian are a lot older let alone 5-6 years from now. It wouldn't make sense to bring everyone back, although I could understand at least trying to reunite the young actors from the original trilogy. Don't see it happening though. If they want X-4 with the majority of the cast returning, they need to scrap FC and go ahead this moment as soon as Singer is done with Jack the Giant Killer and whatever else he is working on.

Last edited:
I think we should have it like this...

X-Men First Class
Brian Singers X-Men 4
Deadpool
Wolverine 2
Brian Singers X-Men 5

Ashmore was already in his late 20's. He'll be nearing 40 if they wait another 5-6 years. Paquin was also kind of old. Not to the point where they can't play the characters believably, but they will have to be significantly aged in the script. And another trilogy to boot? Wolverine is going to have to be recasted for X-4 anyways. Stewart and Ian are a lot older let alone 5-6 years from now. It wouldn't make sense to bring everyone back, although I could understand at least trying to reunite the young actors from the original trilogy. Don't see it happening though. If they want X-4 with the majority of the cast returning, they need to scrap FC and go ahead this moment as soon as Singer is done with Jack the Giant Killer and whatever else he is working on.

Why is that?

I think the reason they want X FC out first so they can use the new actors in this film for X4. Even if the originals are willing to return, but as we know how expensive and how much influence they can have with their roles.

And with Bryan unavailable for the directing job. I believe it will be another 6-8 years from now. Famke and Halle will be over 50 years old by then.

I think the reason they want X FC out first so they can use the new actors in this film for X4. Even if the originals are willing to return, but as we know how expensive and how much influence they can have with their roles.

And with Bryan unavailable for the directing job. I believe it will be another 6-8 years from now. Famke and Halle will be over 50 years old by then.

Unless they change things again Jean is dead, so we don't have to worry about Famke, as for Storm, as long as they keep it like 5, 8 or even 10 years as actually past sense X3, the age really isn't an issue I don't think, just have it where all the younger mutants have grown up, and storm and maybe wolverine lead them, sort of like Xavier would have - It could be "The real last Stand of the X-Men" :awesome:

First off, Jackman doesnt look that far different from when he was last scene in x3- even if he did start to look older, we would have a more compelling wolverine.

We dont need to recast wolverine until a major overhaul of the series is done... starting from scratch...

What i would say is when Marvel Disney manage to claw the rights back to them characters you will get a new cast.

The cast we have are granted already in there late 20's but they dont look it, we need them to look the part. The only way to do that is to wait a bit till they start to look more older

First off, Jackman doesnt look that far different from when he was last scene in x3- even if he did start to look older, we would have a more compelling wolverine.

We dont need to recast wolverine until a major overhaul of the series is done... starting from scratch...

What i would say is when Marvel Disney manage to claw the rights back to them characters you will get a new cast.

The cast we have are granted already in there late 20's but they dont look it, we need them to look the part. The only way to do that is to wait a bit till they start to look more older

IMO, if they do X-Men: First Class 1st, they shouldn't do an X4.

... if they do X4 1st, I hope it kicks off another trilogy, and corrects some things in X3, then XM: FC, and if the reboot route were to be taken I'd like there to be a large gap

X4 needs to be taken seriously now to ever materialise. I don't think it needs to be first, or even before First Class, but it should in development yesturday, written and waiting for Singer and the cast's soonest opportunity. There's a lot of people to get together, so the schedule needs a lot of notice.

idk I think they could probably use first class to introduce new charatcers an elelments that can be used in an X4 movie... setting up a background for future evens...

idk I think they could probably use first class to introduce new charatcers an elelments that can be used in an X4 movie... setting up a background for future evens...

I Like that idea... But the only problem is getting the actors such as Jackman to return in time, If they managed, this would be a great idea to get some new characters in.

I don't think there should be an X4. It's definetly time for a reboot, with as little infiltration from Fox as possible.
I agree, but I would prefer First Class first and then X4... that way we could get first class out of the way and continue a new storyline starting with X4.

X3 ended in such a way that there wouldn't be a lot to salvage in terms of character or story without totally starting over anyway. So, even if X4 was POSSIBLE (which it isn't), I don't think there's much material to work with in continuing the storyline. It would be a sequel in name only.

I think First Class should be viewed as a completely new start of X-Men films that will introduce a new story with new arcs and characters.

x-men as a franchise is in a weird spot right now. it's all over the map.

Well, it doesn't matter now. Unless First Class is a complete flop, I think X-Men 4 is dead.

I'm just curious if you do x4 do you bring in Emma frost or get Xavier back? I mean someone needs to operate cerebro. As it stands they lost their telepaths. Xavier is in another body, emma frost was shown in wolverine but not introduced yet. Also without cyclops it will suck. I would rather marvel studios get it back and reboot it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"