Sequels Who Else Agrees That X4 Should Be Made Before First Class?

With the news of First Class going full speed ahead, that's all well and good, but I don't want the franchise to be only prequels here on out for as long as it keeps going. Eventually, I wanna see a film that takes place after X3.

Word. Another prequel would be pushing it.

I would think that even though First Class is a prequel to the first movie series, I'm thinking it may also be considered in a separate timeline altogether.

Considering I only care about X4, me. I'm not a big prequel person.

at this point, I can't see X4 happening unless they pull an 'Indiana Jones 4' and do it ten years from now.

It just seems like the fans don't get what they want .. we got a terrible X3 with minimal Dark Phoenix saga element, Wolverine movie with a watered down Logan, and now a prequel rather than what most fans want, an X-Men 4.

This franchise is just starting to go down the drain. I personally loved the first three x-men movies, i really thought x-men origins wolverine sucked, and now they're making a second prequel to a trilogy, that honestly doesn't need to be made, because we all will know how the story will end. Fox just needs to not come out with an x-men movie for years, so they loose their contract, and marvel can snatch it back, but that's every fanboy's dream, and fox knows that, which is exactly why they're shi****** out these movies

I love Vaughn to bits. He's great.

But i'm not too excited about this to be honest. If it was a reboot with the original 5 from the comics then yea i would be. If it was Cyclops, Iceman, Beast, Jean Grey and Angel then yea. But it won't be.

I'd have prefered X-4.

What really needs to happen is for Fox not to make any more X-MEN movies, let Marvel studios that is making Avengers, Captain America, Hulk, Ironman, etc regain control over the franchise and let them reboot it. Fox is just milking the X-MEN franchise with these reboots now, so Marvel can't get the movie rights back. If they are not going to stick true to the comic book and tell the story of the first 5 in there correct superhero uniforms, origins, powers etc, then fox needs to leave it alone.

Fox are in the business of making money though. The X-Men brand is a liscence to print money, why would they willingly give it up?

But like i said in another thread, i'm sure Disney gave a statement when they took over Marvel saying if they think any of the other studios like Fox weren't putting there all into making good products featuring their characters, they will sue and get the rights back aggresively.

yea i dont think that's the case with disney. they just bought marvel and spend some money on it. so they wouldnt start going around suing people. but i hope marvel studios eventually gets the x-men.

I wouldn't be so sure... disney loves suing people. And if it means getting big money spinning brands back like X-Men and Spider-Man, you bet your ass they will do it.

what im saying is they just spent money on marvel, so they wouldnt turn around and start spending more they didnt have to. they would start pulling resources to get the most out of their new acquisition.

Marvels flag ship franchises could be in jeopardy if Cap/Thor under perform. It could derail the Avengers franchise. That's why Disney needs to secure the rights for Spidey/X-Men/FF before they hit those properties flat line and can no longer be revived. If Fox gets to an X-4, Marvel will never see the property again and will have no access to mutant characters for another 15-20 years. It's not just X-Men though, I think Fox wants to keep FF as well. If they get FC/Wolverine 2 out of the way by 2012, that opens 2013 for DD and FF reboots, just in time to extend their leases. Disney should have taken DD back by now, don't know why they are waiting.

i would love marvel to get back x-men/ff4/spidey/etc. i would love to see the avengers and ff4 fight galactus. I also want to see the silver surfer stuff. i hope marvel does some cosmic character movies as well. i would like to see the kree/skrull war. dont really need anyone else. just watch the kree fight the skrull. 2 alien races flying in cool ships and shapeshifting. would be awesome

If they are not going to stick true to the comic book and tell the story of the first 5 in there correct superhero uniforms, origins, powers etc, then fox needs to leave it alone.
What good does that do? You still need a good script, a good team of producers and actors, and a director that knows what he's doing.

Good stripts are hard to come by comics on the other hand are plentiful but the stories dont always translate .

Absolutely not. In fact, I maintain that there should never be an X-Men 4 made. I don't want to see an X-Men movie without Cyclops, Jean, and Xavier, and the movies have not made it very practical to bring them back.

Well, never say never Nell.

If they wanted to, they could do something clever to reunite the characters in some way shape or form, but it definitely would take more than one film to make it work.

Jesus, what a mess this franchise has become. At this point it's pretty obvious that anything Fox does with this franchise is out of desperation to hold onto the rights. It makes absolutely no sense to continue running this franchise into the ground. With each iteration it's going to get worse and more convoluted until it's value is totally diminished.

If Fox was smart all they have to do is propose some kind of agreement between themselves and Disney/Marvel to distribute the films and let Marvel handle the actual production and rights. Fox still gets a cut, with minimal egg on their face when the franchise becomes the monster hit it should have been in the first place. Disney is happy because they get a major property back and the fans are happy because they finally get a real X-men movie--one that's part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Wash rinse and apply to the FF as well.

Fox has definately screwed the pooch on the X-Men. X3 sucked, Wolverine was complete garbage, and now this First Class business is just going to further confuse everyone. Jesus, how hard can it be to just make a quality Superhero Franchise work??????

Superman - run into the ground, then returns (pun intended) to mixed reviews.
Batman - Original franchise - well I think we all know how that turned out.
Fantastic Four - F**ked since Jump Street.
Spiderman - Now being rebooted for reasons I'll never fully understand.

X4 would have been hard to pull off I think, even before the disaster that was X-men Origins (I still shutter thinking of Will i am or whatever the hell his name is "There's a special place in hell for what we''ve done..." insert face palm pic here).

If Fox was smart all they have to do is propose some kind of agreement between themselves and Disney/Marvel to distribute the films and let Marvel handle the actual production and rights. Fox still gets a cut, with minimal egg on their face when the franchise becomes the monster hit it should have been in the first place. Disney is happy because they get a major property back and the fans are happy because they finally get a real X-men movie--one that's part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Fox are smart, that's why they haven't done that. Business smart anyway.

If Fox produce and distribute a film they get most of the $$$. If they let someone else pay the $150 million production then they will only get money from distributing. Fox have no interest in handing money to any other studio, which is basically what they would be doing with your suggestion.

It may be what fans want, and it may result is better films, but its not smart on Fox's part.

Last edited:
Fox seem interested in Singer and X4, so I don't think we should write that off.

I can only hope Singer's involvement in First Class has helped restore some order. It may even play into ideas discussed for the next actual sequel. Cyclops needs to come back though.

maybe first class will be the new series and they will forget about x4. just hope they do a good job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"