Why not do both? X4/First Class... Combine The Franchises!

Discussion in 'X-Men Sequels' started by Marvel, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Batman jr.

Batman jr. Proud Nolanite

X-men 4 is coming, don't worry. :word:

2. Cherry

Cherry Well-Known Member

I like your confidence, but what makes you so sure?

3. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

Ive been wishing X4 since 2006....

but after my second watch to First Class, my mind has changed, surprinsingly.

I want second class next. They have to develop all those subplots in a new sequel and introduce new mutants too.

cant wait.

4. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

I still prefer X4 over Second Class.

5. November Rain

November Rain Single Mother

i'm kinda done with the new cast

6. Banshee

Banshee Well-Known Member

I think its a novel idea, however I would leave out the Days of the Future past aspect. We all love the classic stories from Claremont's golden era, but it really doesn't work with the movies.

Now, it COULD work, if it were tweaked a little bit. You could still use a "past" cast and a "future" cast, with the assassination of a politician as the fulcrum of the story. Rather than time travel though, a mystery/thriller element would be used, where we see the "first class" era laying the ground work for what transpires in the future, and the "future" era needs to dig up the past to unveil the killer(s). Think an episode of Lost or something, where flashbacks are blended with the present with relevant pot details that culminate to a climax or shocking reveal.

Actually, I REALLY like that idea. Its a good way of blending old and new, could still use the classic name, and would be a cool new spin on the story.

7. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

what do you mean?

8. November Rain

to be fair, it didn't feel like a bunch of friends, or even a team.

take mystique, beast, magneto and charles out of the line up and you just have a bunch of mutants no one really cares about.

a completely unfleshed bunch. even sebastian who was fleshed out, i didn't much care for him and it's even worst because magneto is kinda like a sebastian-lite

meh

at least the old team felt like a team at parts.

9. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

they can develop the team in the sequels.

It was just the first mission of this team, so they didnt have much time to show how the team and the relationships progressed and felt

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  10. November Rain

i know they can...

it's just that i wouldn't be bothered, i'm not exactly excited to see how they progress together if you see what i mean.

it took about three films for them to get that team feel in x3 but they didn't properly utilise it. I suppose x-men for me has always been an extended cast thing, i prefer the adult/sub team dynamic they nearly got in x3 that was regularly showed in evolution.

christ, i forgot how good x-men evolution was, i just got a flashback.

anywho, nevermind me.

11. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

I understand you...

12. Batman jr.

Batman jr. Proud Nolanite

Read the interwebs... :cwink:

13. YJ1

YJ1 Armed and Dangerous

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/05/x-men-2-goes-days-of-future-past

I wonder if the producers got the idea from here!!!!!

14. Hellion

Hellion Oppa Is Here

15. Picard Sisko

Picard Sisko Prepare to be Assimilated

I think the general audience would get too confused with both a sequel to First Class and The Last Stand. I have heard people saying they are already confused about whether or not X-Men Origins: Wolverine is part of the first trilogy or not.

16. Avenger

Avenger Earth's Mightiest Fanboy

I hope that report turns out to be a bunch of nothing. I'd rather see the First Class movies stick to the '60s/'70s. "Days of Future Past" would work almost perfectly as a sequel to The Last Stand, with a few tweaks here and there.

17. psylockolussus

Now that the Fox officially registered the daysoffuturepast.com, I'm pretty sure Days of Future Past is happening and we might see some people from the original trilogy :D! I think it will probably be Wolverine and Storm, yay can't wait! This is gonna be epic!

18. Llama_Shepherd

Llama_Shepherd Well-Known Member

Let them do The Wolverine and Second Class first. Then maybe a Days of Future Past duology adaptation that involves both casts.

19. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

agree.

I really would like to see a prequel trilogy, seeing the evolution of the x-men from the 60's to the 70's, like the original comics.

They can do an amazing trilogy with this concept, and end it with young Scott and Jean, to connect it with X1.

So after the past trilogy is done, they could go to the future/present again, and do Days of future past as the final chapter of this saga, with a Two part end, like some franchises lately, one sequel per year. And finish the franchise in the biggest way, with Sentinels, and old cast.

That would be EPIC, without doubt. and a perfect way to close this franchise.

20. YJ1

YJ1 Armed and Dangerous

I so agree. After seeing Avengers, I wonder if Fox knows that they could have a similar hit if they do it right and get a comic guy like Whedon to make it happen?

21. Shawkur

Shawkur Well-Known Member

Maybe I am alone, but I'd be far more interested in seeing Wolverine leading a team or Nightcrawler, Colossus, Rogue, ect. being incorporated into the Wolverine franchise than seeing Berry or Marsden again. I never felt they brought anything special to the roles, especially Berry.

22. psylockolussus

I would like to see Storm in X4 again. At least with Cyclops, Prof X, Jean Grey and Rogue (if she's still powerless and decides to leave the X-Men), we have an explanation why aren't in X4. Not having Storm back just because her character wasn't really good in the first three films would just make her legacy in the movies worse.

23. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

X-men:days of future Past Is almost certinly going to serve as both X4 and first Class 2.

If Hugh jackman only wants a small part In film and It's too difficult to get Anna Paquin or Ellen Page for film I could imagne them going with Storm as Time Traveler.

24. YJ1

YJ1 Armed and Dangerous

25. psylockolussus

Yay! The registration of the official site confirmed it for me but its nice that they finally confirmed it!

I don't see Ellen Page appearing in a X-Men movie unless its a cameo. I think Anna Paquin can make up time for True Blood and X-Men. But they should get Hugh Jackman and Halle Berry for this movie!