Sequels Who Else Agrees That X4 Should Be Made Before First Class?

Matt.S99

Formally batboy99
Reaction score
Think about it. I'm pretty sure 99.9 % of us want the same case for X4 and I know alot of us want to see First Class, but wouldn't it make sense for X4 to be made first? These actors aren't getting any younger and the cast of First Class is going to be all new anyways, so it isn't set in stone who is playing who, unlike X4. I just think it would be a better idea, we can have the same actors for X4 and than new young actors for First Class.

If First Class is made at all it should be made before X4. If they skip it, fine. I wouldn't want them to revisit it after X4 though. I'd much rather have the series move forward after X4.

Also if one has to be made right now I'd rather it be First Class because Singer isn't going to be available for a while. If X4 doesn't have Singer I'm not interested.

I feel that the x-men trilogy needs validating... all three movies need to be delved back into and given a new inturpretation for all the non-wolverine characters.

Wolverine had his somewhat validation with origins and whatever the sequel will be called.

But you really need to know how that school got started and how big the mutant world is before we can even approach x4...

Thats one of the good things i liked about the wolverine movie, although the film was wildly hated by many fans... it did do one thing, it showed that mutants were not just centred on either magnetos beliefs or xaviers.... so you got a sense that the mutant world was much bigger and feared globally than just the small enviroment in the x-men trilogy.

once first class is made, i then do expect x4 to be not far behind though

I don't think there should be an X4. It's definetly time for a reboot, with as little infiltration from Fox as possible.

I have no interest in First Class, I would rather have a sequel or a reboot.

once first class is made, i then do expect x4 to be not far behind though

If First Class is made and is a success I can't really see Fox bothering with an X-Men 4 when they have a new cheap young cast signed to make multiple films, plus it would be a bit confusing to the audience to go from sequels to prequels to sequels of the original series of films.

First off, Fox needs to stop with the X-Men prequels to the sequels, its honestly pointless. Second, they need to do one of two things: 1. Make a sequel, using new characters, (angel, iceman, shadowcat etc.) we've seen enough of wolverine and storm, or 2. Completely stop the whole franchise, wait for at least 5 years, and reboot the whole series, which would bring back cyclops, and hopefully bring a new take on the movies. Yes i'm aware that X-men first class is doing that, but its still a prequel to the first X-men movie, its just unlogical.

I'm not that crazy about First Class because the first X-Men movie already established what they were about, why have to go redo it over again? I for one don't want to see a cast of teeny bopper tweeny Twilight/Disney kids.

There isn't a reason why a movie series must end after 3 movies, I'd like a fourth X-Men movie do wash away the bad taste of X3.

I would definately prefer X4 before FC, I'm not really interested in a First Class storyline and that was with Singer on board so I am even less so now.

To be honest, I wouldn't really like a sequel to the mess that was X3.

The cast isn't coming back so it's a moot point. It's been four years people... don't wait around for all the original actors to come rushing back. I don't want a sequel with a bunch of recasts unless it's a good 10-12 years down the line.

Mememe!

Actually, I would rather First Class never got made at all.

Well this is the way i see it...

X-Men First Class will have Jean Grey, Beast, Cyclops, possibly storm and i dunno couple of new ones... that in its own right will be good.

Then you will have X4 - Which i dont think halle berry will be back but wolverine maybe the new leader of the x-men.

See the cast would be something like Wolverine, Iceman, Rogue, Colossus, maybe Shadowcat, then throw in Angel and for a bit of power diversity - Cannonball and Psylocke... possibly throw in an older gambit

Essentially you will have the old young x-men, then the young older x-men movies so it will essentially could work as two franchises.

If First Class is made and is a success I can't really see Fox bothering with an X-Men 4 when they have a new cheap young cast signed to make multiple films, plus it would be a bit confusing to the audience to go from sequels to prequels to sequels of the original series of films.

Basically sums up my feelings.

I don't think anyone asked for an X-Men :first class. You either want a reboot or the series to continue. There is no point in doing a first class at this point and it's only going to make things more complicated.

There probably will not be an X-men 4 , instead we will get a series of first class films and some wolverine sequels parrallel to that .

James Marsden will do it. Hugh Jackman will do it if Singer is there.

You don't need Halle Berry.

First Class is a stupid idea. There's no demand for an X-men prequel only movie. It's stupid.

The X-men franchise is volatile right now and in shambles. Singer needs to give it a BRIGHTEST DAY fix.

I'm for X:FC being first to introduce/flesh out characters like Mr. Sinister and Emma Frost, in addition to "foreshadowing" the later behaviors of Xavier and Magneto, which would ultimately lead to X4. X4 would then serve as a direct sequel to both X:FC and X3, which could explain Sinister and/or Frost's possible involvement in X3, at least (e.g. to explain what may've really happened to Scott at Alkali Lake).

Last edited:
That's what I am thinking to. I think they are probably going to use Sinister or Hellfire Club in FC to set some X-4 characters up. Wolverine essentially did that with Emma/Gambit. I think they'd save Sinister for X-4 though and maybe do a Cyclops clone story if they feel they need to bring him back. The problem is if they intend to use the same actors for FC into X-4, they'd have to age the actors like 20 years. I guess it's possible they could just go with a prequel trilogy, but with key characters like Wolverine, Rogue, and the other young mutants unavailable in the time line, they may view that as a limiting factor in what they can accomplish. I think they'll do a prequel. If it does well, maybe a sequel or an additional spinoff. And 4-5 years after the last prequel/spinoff I think they will start the next trilogy with a new cast if they still have the rights. And they WILL consider a reboot before doing anything since every major CB franchise has gotten one or will get one.

Last edited:
I still think there is an outside chance FC will end up being a reboot.

I would love a X4 with the original cast. And have it be done before First Class.

In my opinion, we really need X4 asap, in order to buff out the scratches of X3, fix up things like Professor. X - The Cure - Magneto and allot others

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"