Apocalypse Who is Logan?

hoy-small-fry

It's a dance-off bro!
Reaction score
It's established in *ahem* Origins: Wolverine, that the name Wolverine was adopted by Logan after the death of his wife, relating to a (bad) story she told him.

In this new timeline, he'll never hear that story, and certainly never go through the process that leads him to adopting the persona of The Wolverine (equally this raises questions for use of the name Wolverine in the latest solo movie, but whatever)

At the end of DOFP, Xavier addresses him as Logan. While we all assume he'll have adamantium bonded to him, where will the name Wolverine come from? Any ideas folks?

It's a minor issue that may get brought up down the road to be redone, but I could easily see them ignoring the name issue altogether.

Well the 70s characters like Charles/Hank already called him Logan in DOFP. Maybe when they meet again, they'll just call him Logan.

Well the 70s characters like Charles/Hank already called him Logan in DOFP. Maybe when they meet again, they'll just call him Logan.

It's not that name that's in question, it's how he'll be known as Wolverine now that the new timeline likely erased him ever meeting Kayla. According to Origins, she told him that name from a story and he took it as a code name after she was killed.

Hasn't he gotten that name at least twice in the comics? Once from Alpha Flight, and the other when he was a kid in Origin?

Either way, I'm guessing that might be something they'll skip past in the next one. Although between Apocalypse and the next Wolverine spinoff, who knows?

Well Xavier in the past will know wolverine from the future too so he may just call him Wolverine and then the audience can just take it as the new reason is purely xavier gave him the codename :)

I don't think anyone in 1973 called him Wolverine. Except for that scene they cut when he told Quicksilver's sister he was "the Wolverine".

Then again, there wasn't a scene where he told them his name was Logan, either...

Simply Mystique will tell him his name is Wolverine.

She did hear or know this, during DOFP, yes? During the Paris Peace Accords scene?

Imagine he wakes up and goes, where am I?, Who are you? What am I doing strapped to this machine?

And Mystique would respond like this:

"You are in one of Apocalypse's temples." "You are the Wolverine, but soon, you will be the Horseman Death." "This machine will give you powers beyind your imagination so you can better serve your master."

Mystique never heard him by the name Wolverine either though...

Mystique never heard him by the name Wolverine either though...

There was delete scenes with mystique talking to Logan and then going back to the mansion

They were cut out like the rogue stuff

There is a scene at the end where mystique looks at hank and he smiles at her... The reason obviously was part of the deleted scenes we never got to see, so it stands out as abit odd

I´m a little bit lost? Is Logan called at least once Wolverine in the past in X-Men: Days Of Future Past? I don´t recall it...

Even though the OT timeline gets erased, when Charles probed Logan´s mind, and saw his future, he could easily get a hold of his codename, either that moment, or any other time, maybe off-screen after he got his powers back.

I don´t really see a need or explanation on why James adopted the name "Logan" in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Isn´t Logan supposed to be his last name? Maybe he decided to be called by his last name after processing the shock of realizing he is Victor´s brother.

Logan... James Logan... as in Bond ;)

Last edited:
You misunderstand. It's the name Wolverine that is missing, not Logan. They address him as such at the end, so that name is established. Him being The Wolverine should never happen in the new timeline

Thank you, I read again your original post.

It´s a really good question.

I think his codename would come from:

1. Charles already being aware of his codename, when he probed his mind in DOFP. He might reffer to him as "The Wolverine" in Apocalypse, when the events from DOFP need to be addressed and he needs to give explanation about Logan (to either the young X-Men, or Magneto or whoever serves the story).

2. Apocalypse gets a hold of him and uses Stryker to have Logan undergo the Weapon X Project. Apocalypse could have read a glimpse of Logan's conscience from the OT timeline (maybe shards or fragments that remained on his "present" (1973) conscience, and learn about Logan´s life in the OT (learning he was called Wolverine). With that, Apocalypse can serve as Romulus did in the comics. Being the real person behind the Weapon X Project and baptizing him as Wolverine.

I think storywise, the second option fits way better.

Ending Apocalypse with the amnesiac Wolverine would be so great, runnin´away from everything. If Apocalypse put him some mental blocks to hide him from Charles, it can lead to endless possibilities. Exploring his wilderness before being picked by the Hudsons... Or even a Madripoor storyline... Russia...

Last edited:
Logan is Jack Hughman. :o

LPQQt8o.jpg

:lmao:

...he is a porkpie hat and a pair of glasses away from Walter White right now.

This thread title makes me think of this... :oldrazz:

35031_10200928019709678_1972791024_n_zps8a74c782.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"