• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Days of Future Past Why do you think Raven rescued Wolverine?

DoomGuy91

Civilian
Reaction score
What's your personal opinion?

I have heard before from others, that Raven actions of rescuing him while posing as stryker is eventually going to lead to this alternate timeline's version of adamantium being bonded to Wolverine's skeleton.

Hopefully that is not the case (since a point of DOFP was to show a good side to Raven, and set her down a path that would not lead to the evil Mystique of the original trilogy).

I do hope that Raven saved Logan because of good reasons and is not doing it to use/manipulate Wolverine as a tool. I do want to see in the next X-man film of Raven being a good person (perhaps even apart of the x-men), unlike her original timeline self.

She was seen rescuing those other mutants from the Vietnam camp so she is clearly recruiting for something, but I think she will end up giving him to Apocalypse anyway.

Hopefully, trying to build X-Force with Logan. Deadpool, Psylocke, and Cable from the future could join.

I'd say there is a very pointed reason to all this. The fake-out with Stryker was close to perfection, only to snatch it away at the end. As to what that reason is, well, I imagine it ties into X:A

Maybe it was revenge for his actions? Maybe her idea is to sell him to the real Stryker for the use of weapon x

1- Mystique frees Logan.

2- Logan wanders and does his usual thing.

3- Dr. Cornelius and the Weapon X team captures him in 1979 or 1980.

4- He escapes after the adamantium procedure with no memory, regressed to feral stadium.

5- You know the rest..........

I honestly think they shouldn't have revealed it to be Raven, him being taken by Stryker was a perfect ending to make things go full circle.

Hopefully, trying to build X-Force with Logan. Deadpool, Psylocke, and Cable from the future could join.

Yeah Ive been posting this idea around as well. Giving Mystique X-Force would create a third team who are more Anti hero while Magneto has the Brotherhood, and Charles has the X-Men. It also fits where I want to see her go as a character someone who fights for the good of mutants and gets her hands dirty but isn't a terrorist.

I honestly think they shouldn't have revealed it to be Raven, him being taken by Stryker was a perfect ending to make things go full circle.

Yeah, it could of been one of those immutable time things, no matter what he'll go through the Adamantium procedure

It's not supposed to 'go full circle.'

The whole point of the movie was rewriting history so things do NOT go full circle in the way we have seen already.

It creates uncertainty, curiosity, questions, to see things NOT turn out the same either in past (with the Mystique/Stryker reveal) or future (with the characters we saw when Wolverine wakes). It's telling us: Things are different!

The whole point of the movie was rewriting history so things do NOT go full circle in the way we have seen already.

It creates uncertainty, curiosity, questions, to see things NOT turn out the same either in past (with the Mystique/Stryker reveal) or future (with the characters we saw when Wolverine wakes). It's telling us: Things are different!

It does make you wonder if all those characters were actually cops. Who would have known to look for him down there in the first place??

It does make you wonder if all those characters were actually cops. Who would have known to look for him down there in the first place??

Yes, that is indeed a question that crossed my mind. How did Mystique know he was in that lake? How did they find the spot where he went in? I'm presuming there were reports from the public of something going into that water, and she morphed into Stryker and led the police out there.

Yes, that is indeed a question that crossed my mind. How did Mystique know he was in that lake? How did they find the spot where he went in? I'm presuming there were reports from the public of something going into that water, and she morphed into Stryker and led the police out there.

That makes the most sense. Although how Mystique knew is the big question.

Dammit, now I have to see it again. :oldrazz:

maybe Mystique stole one of Trask's "mutant locator" devices to help her track down other mutants.....

Yeah Ive been posting this idea around as well. Giving Mystique X-Force would create a third team who are more Anti hero while Magneto has the Brotherhood, and Charles has the X-Men. It also fits where I want to see her go as a character someone who fights for the good of mutants and gets her hands dirty but isn't a terrorist.

This is my thinking too. Charles kinda made Raven change her ways, as she forms a more extreme version of the xmen, with Wolverine and others too. It reminds me of her role in the X-men Evolution cartoon, where she had a splinter group of magneto's brotherhood. Only here its geared towards Charles side.

Yeah Ive been posting this idea around as well. Giving Mystique X-Force

That would be absolutely terrible.

Mystique has received more attention in these films than she has in the comics, and to be honest she doesn't deserve it. If Mystique wasn't being played by an Oscar winner, I would have hope that her role wouldn't be that big in the next film(or possibly not included at all) but that's highly unlikely.

I don't think she should have Anything to do with X-Force. Also, Psylocke as part of X-Force? No, Domino is actually an X-Force team member and should be in the X-Force film.

Mystique in the comics was allways a mastermind herself, the films are the ones that gave the impression that she was Magneto's right hand.

My opinion is "they wanted Wolverine to live and also something to think about between these characters when writing the next movie", but all you guys come up with sound great too.

Have you read Uncanny X-force? Because Psylocke as a part of X-force makes a lot of sense. In fact I'd like the eventual film to have a mix of the original and Uncanny teams.

Kinberg already answered, and you ask it today?

This

That's easy...

She's now working for Apocalypse and he wants to use Wolverine as his Horseman Death!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"