Who is Marvel's prep time hero?

freemadison said:
Exactly. It's having Plan B and C BEFORE something happens, like Batman often does. Not quick-thinking. Almost everyone in the MU is a quick thinker.

Almost ALL hero's are quick thinkers, for the most part.

But yes, I agree. Prep time heros have plans. They usually aren't suprised, and when they are, there are other plans for that.

Mistress Gluon said:
Almost ALL hero's are quick thinkers, for the most part.

But yes, I agree. Prep time heros have plans. They usually aren't suprised, and when they are, there are other plans for that.
i'd think they'd HAVE to be quick thinkers in that line of work

Mistress Gluon said:
We'll start off with the television. If you asked someone two hundred years ago how electricity worked, they'd look at you funny, since electricity itself was a brand new thing.

Magic, and Leaguer and I have had this arguement just recently, comes down to one simple rule each and every time. It has to create something from nothing, which violates a simple law of the universe, as we haven't been able to develop a situation where something goes away forever. This is WHERE Quantum mechanics comes in. The rules of a television don't violate things. Electricity powers the television, and the television reflects the energy in it's own way. Anybody who has basic understanding of energy would see this.

Quantum probability has very little to do with it, as it basically just states that one band separates into two at a junction, rather than a merging of a reverse function. Basically different dimensions for different reasons. And so wouldn't have any REAL holding on this. And while I can see where you're going with this, because you could easily say, using the now famous physicist in front of gun example, it would STILL have to fall inside the laws of physics.

However, for quantum prediction, where you stated before, you'd have to be able to account for the millions of interactions happening at the quantum level. You can't just pick an atom in gas, and say for certainty where it's going to be. Quantum uncertainty's idea of having something that your missing points to the idea of, "If I were to drop a steel ball inside of a beaker full of gas, and maintain it's total security from the outside, there's no way of perfectly calculating how that effects it based on the millions of reactions it would first have to go through on the atomic level. And predicting it on a much lower level would only multiply the idea. So it's not magic, it's just an inability to calculate vast things. You can try all you like to predict it, but there's no way to calculate everything in there, since one thing would react to another several hundred times before it settled down.

And once again to that multiple world's theory, it still had to hold inside of our laws of physics. Anything will happen within reason. It's just there's an infinite amount of moments from when the doctor sets the gun down to when it goes off.

And any physicist worth it's salt would've read that book by now.

I missed this post lol, hilarious, read my posts again you really don't get them. As for quantum prediction - it's impossible under present conditions due to a little thing Werner Heisenberg suggested called the uncertainty principle, lol. The crux of why it would be like magic. It's not just where something might be, because it might be anywhere and everywhere lol, you can't tell. Another problem is the act of observation effects the outcome. So it's pretty near to magic if you could get Quantum Probabilities to work for you, because, quite simply you're going against how the natural world works.

(Post to be read in a slow voice) :)

- Whirly

Whirlysplat said:
I missed this post lol, hilarious, read my posts again you really don't get them. As for quantum prediction - it's impossible under present conditions due to a little thing Werner Heisenberg suggested called the uncertainty principle, lol. The crux of why it would be like magic. It's not just where something might be, because it might be anywhere and everywhere lol, you can't tell. Another problem is the act of observation effects the outcome. So it's pretty near to magic if you could get Quantum Probabilities to work for you, because, quite simply you're going against how the natural world works.

(Post to be read in a slow voice) :)

- Whirly

Unfortunately, you're only hitting the tip of the idea. Quantum possibility is just a little bit different. Anybody who read the book about the cat would totally understand this, as it was explained in excrusiating detail through examples there. However, you did support what I posted, and that's cool and all. But he didn't say it was like magic, he didn't even say (nor any physicist for this matter) that magic would behave in such a fashion. The uncertainty principle was founded to be the point to support how he believed how imperfect quantum mechanics really was, since quantum mechanics did well to help explain some of the universe, but did poorly to explain the working machine of the universe, since the idea behind quantum mechanics was an extremely difficult machine utilizing quadrillions or reactions throughout the universe that will effect one side from the next, though on much grander, or smaller scales through particles. However, observation is considered, like you said, to be a large part of the problem, since it redirects electromagnetic flow in the field itself, and thus would alter the particle reactions going on in the field. I already explained this in a simple, yet detailed post (which, I again say, you supported with this post I'm responding now to.)

But it wouldn't be anything like magic, since quantum possibility still relates to the idea of the laws of physics. Magic simply doesn't obey them. However, to truly even THINK this might be considered magic, you'll have to think tons deeper on how quantum probability even works as a model of process.

I'd say a tie between Punisher and, from the little I know of her, Elsa Bloodstone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"