The Force Awakens Who Kills Luke Skywalker?

The daughter of the queen of Naboo who never met her mom and who never exercised that title at all.

Also, it's clear that a princess on Alderaan is nothing but a title. Bail was the leader of the planet and apparently a pretty democratic figure. The royalty titles seem more decorative to me than you make them sound.

And Leia wasn't even the leader of the Rebel Alliance. Mon Mothma was clearly above her in RotJ, and she was no queen/empress/princess.

So yeah, Leia is quite the opposite of authoritarian (always a negative term).

and if you want to get down to it, the Queen of Naboo was also an elected position, which had term limits. Though the title was queen, she was more of a President/Prime Minister than anything else.

Just saw on Steam today that for a few days Knights of the Old Republic I and II are each only 3.39. Pretty darn good deal, you can get the best Star Wars games for 7 dollars, not to shabby.

But just a heads up for those that have never played them and were on the fence.

If Jacen is in the movie & he becomes Darth Caedus (or whatever they call him in the movies), He should kill Luke. It'd be much more personal and sad if Luke's nephew ended him though.

But honestly, I hope Luke doesn't die. It's too stereotypical to have the mentor die, it's already happened 3 times in the series (maybe more if I'm forgetting someone besides Qui-Gonn, Obi-Wan & Yoda)

If Jacen is in the movie & he becomes Darth Caedus (or whatever they call him in the movies), He should kill Luke. It'd be much more personal and sad if Luke's nephew ended him though.

But honestly, I hope Luke doesn't die. It's too stereotypical to have the mentor die, it's already happened 3 times in the series (maybe more if I'm forgetting someone besides Qui-Gonn, Obi-Wan & Yoda)

None of that will happen.

Have they come out & said that the Solo twin aren't canon?

They are not cannon. Lucas has said so since 1999. Again I don't need to whip out the Holocron. The books are third tier cannon. And I will bet money they won't use "exact names" ect.

Some basic things may be used, but if you look at the Casting Sheet that was released a few weeks back, the main "girl" is 19 and there is no one around her age in the casting sheet. So it looks like from the ages of the characters from the confirmed casting sheet there is no twins. As TFN pretty much said in their latest podcast, and from rumblings, the EU post Jedi is gone. The Holocron/Lucas always said it was lesser cannon and films would always over write. And you know they are not going to tip toe around that dreadful mess Post Jedi that is now called the EU. For a while it was good then it has become so convulated it would be near impossible to write anything in it. Especially since most reports has said it takes place 30 years post Jedi.

I wonder next week at Celebration 2 they will further confirm this. But people clinging on to the EU I think better get used to that Lucas always said the films would always over-write anything. And he wrote the outline for VII-IX back in the early 80's. The third tier cannon will not be a priority to them, and I say good. The Legacy of the Force stuff was terrible anyways. But as Lucas and them always said, the EU books and so forth are Licensed Fan Fiction. The films/TV shows are the true cannon.

I know that the post Jedi is going to be non-canon. But I think there's a chance Lucasfilm will save some of the stuff that people like (Mara, the Solo Twins, Thrawn). I don't think Luke having a Jedi wife or Han/Leia having twins is too convoluted for the general audience.

I'm not going to be devastated if they're not canon, but I would like for their characters to stay canon (I'm fine with the crap like the Yuuzhan Vong being canned)

I understand some ideas may be taken. But the twins probably not was my point. Because the casting sheet really showed no signs of twins.

triumphofthewill.jpg

Sometimes the new boss ain't much different than the old boss. You guys are underestimating the depth and darkness in Lucas' original films.

I know that the post Jedi is going to be non-canon. But I think there's a chance Lucasfilm will save some of the stuff that people like (Mara, the Solo Twins, Thrawn). I don't think Luke having a Jedi wife or Han/Leia having twins is too convoluted for the general audience.

I'm not going to be devastated if they're not canon, but I would like for their characters to stay canon (I'm fine with the crap like the Yuuzhan Vong being canned)

You're going to be very disappointed when none of that happens.

I'm expecting it. But I have a small hope that they won't be tossed away

Why is Plageuis on this list? He's the one who arguably created Vader from his death at Sideous' hands. How does he come back and why? lol

I have no idea. I know I don't want it to happen, and yet it is inevitable. As long as long as he goes out heroically, it'll be fine.

But if he gets a weak ass b*tch death I'll be pissed.

Luke kills himself. After decades of waiting, he finally reaches Tosche Station and they're out of power converters!

Well, that'd depend on who's in the damn movie, don't it? Maybe Watto just swoops in and kills him and then leaves the film, never mentioned again, huh?

If he dies, I'd hope to break convention he doesn't get struck down by anyone. Maybe some kind of "I gotta hold this thing! IT'S GONNA BLOW! You kids get away!"

I'd be fine with him dying of age or giving his life for the sake of others in a situation. If he has to be struck down it needs to be done by the main bad guy to increase his status in the universe as a big deal.

I hope he dies peacefully as the suns set, i hate the idea of using him as villain hype, give the greatest hero peace, he deserves that much

I really dont think he should be killed. He should just die of old age. If someone needs to be killed then i would have it be Han. Would be so much more dramatic. Plus there will be plenty of new characters to kill that will further the story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"