The Force Awakens Who Kills Luke Skywalker?

I think some characters and scenarios from the EU will be present in the film in Easter Egg form, like Trek spinoff fiction and TOS episodes were in Into Darkness.

I think the EU will most likelly be completelly retconed and Disney will start their oun from now

I think the EU will most likelly be completelly retconed and Disney will start their oun from now

This would be welcomed. I love the EU dearly - as my bookcase attests-but, it would have constricted the film before a frame was even shot.

If they really had to start anew, what Dark Horse Comics/whoever can make Star Wars comics now is give proper closure to the current post-ROTJ cannon. It deserves that much, especially since that cannon gave us better Star Wars stories than the prequels ever did.

They could do is something similar to the Infinite Crisis Event(Superboy-Prime punches the time barrier, stuff gets retconned, continuity changes) or the Flashpoint event in DC comics(basically a whole bunch of stuff happened and time reset resulting in the New 52). After watching this trailer:[YT]xe0JiobQ98o[/YT] and reading a quote that the "EU must always fall in line with the movies, not the other way around", I think that the final arcs of Star Wars: Legacy(which is still going by the way and probably not going to end any time soon) should involve using the Force to probably reset time or something like this scenario:

The Yuuzhan Vong are amassing their forces for a new invasion of the galaxy after being decimated first time around. Entire worlds like Naboo, Corellia,(insert more planets of significant importance) are being destroyed one by one. The next planet they have in their sights is none other than Coruscant itself. As for where the Jedi's/Republic's/Fel Empire/Remaining Sith's statuses, all are exhausted from the last war, weakening them to allow the Vong to strike again and take revenge on the galaxy after the first Yuuzhan Vong war.

As the battle for the life of Coruscant progresses both Cade Skywalker and Ania Solo realise that there is no hope left for the galaxy, until Luke's force ghost as well as ghosts of other Jedi appear saying that they can help them by using the force to reset time to the post-ROTJ era or send them back in time to prevent the Vong invasion with some weapon(whichever works better), thus ending the threat for good. As Coruscant slowly gets destroyed they get sent through time to the place right where the Vong Invasion is about to begin and they end it and give their lives in the process.

And in the new timeline everyone remains oblivious to these events thus allowing the creation of a new continuity where Disney can do whatever the hell they want.

If they do something like this you can:

a) Put all EU fans' minds to rest knowing that the established continuity remains unified with the new one, one way or another and they know that this happened in the back of their minds while watching Episode VII.

b) The time reset can allow Disney to create all new characters and new stories, maybe even keeping Chewbacca alive.

c) The literary oblivious audience(who think the prequels are cool and Twilight is awesome) which JJ Abrams/Lucasfilm is more interested in satisfying don't have to pick up a book and read like they were taught to in elementary school. They don't have to take the time to read good novels like Zahn's Heir to the Empire trilogy.

Of course the trade-off to all this is that maybe Han Solo and Luke Skywalker dies a little earlier(just to get back to this thread's topic)

Last edited:
c) The literary oblivious audience(who think the prequels are cool and Twilight is awesome) which JJ Abrams/Lucasfilm is more interested in satisfying don't have to pick up a book and read like they were taught to in elementary school. They don't have to take the time to read good novels like Zahn's Heir to the Empire trilogy.

Nice attitude. :whatever:

If they really had to start anew, what Dark Horse Comics/whoever can make Star Wars comics now is give proper closure to the current post-ROTJ cannon. It deserves that much, especially since that cannon gave us better Star Wars stories than the prequels ever did.

They could do is something similar to the Infinite Crisis Event(Superboy-Prime punches the time barrier, stuff gets retconned, continuity changes) or the Flashpoint event in DC comics(basically a whole bunch of stuff happened and time reset resulting in the New 52). After watching this trailer:[YT]xe0JiobQ98o[/YT] and reading a quote that the "EU must always fall in line with the movies, not the other way around", I think that the final arcs of Star Wars: Legacy(which is still going by the way and probably not going to end any time soon) should involve using the Force to probably reset time or something like this scenario:

The Yuuzhan Vong are amassing their forces for a new invasion of the galaxy after being decimated first time around. Entire worlds like Naboo, Corellia,(insert more planets of significant importance) are being destroyed one by one. The next planet they have in their sights is none other than Coruscant itself. As for where the Jedi's/Republic's/Fel Empire/Remaining Sith's statuses, all are exhausted from the last war, weakening them to allow the Vong to strike again and take revenge on the galaxy after the first Yuuzhan Vong war.

As the battle for the life of Coruscant progresses both Cade Skywalker and Ania Solo realise that there is no hope left for the galaxy, until Luke's force ghost as well as ghosts of other Jedi appear saying that they can help them by using the force to reset time to the post-ROTJ era or send them back in time to prevent the Vong invasion with some weapon(whichever works better), thus ending the threat for good. As Coruscant slowly gets destroyed they get sent through time to the place right where the Vong Invasion is about to begin and they end it and give their lives in the process.

And in the new timeline everyone remains oblivious to these events thus allowing the creation of a new continuity where Disney can do whatever the hell they want.

a) Put all EU fans' minds to rest knowing that the established continuity remains unified with the new one, one way or another and they know that this happened in the back of their minds while watching Episode VII.

b) The time reset can allow Disney to create all new characters and new stories, maybe even keeping Chewbacca alive.

Of course the trade-off to all this is that maybe Han Solo and Luke Skywalker dies a little earlier(just to get back to this thread's topic)

You just keep skating on thinner and thinner ice.

Or you know most likely Michael Ardnt is a better writer then any of the EU authors out there.

See I'm some one that likes some of the EU. But I can point out it's flaws. But I also realize what Lucas had in mind when he made the Holocron, now they got a team like JJ and Arndt that will most likely do better then most if not all of the EU writers out there. Who cares if it's cannon or not? Enjoy the EU still, no one can take that away. The Dark Knight Returns is no longer cannon in Batman lore, but does it take away the love of it? No.

I agree with Spider-Gnome your attitude is not the best. To your claim that you are a "true fan" to now this? Please just stop.

Last edited:
You would be the world's worst lawyer, Smallville armed with a briefcase full of shredded paper.

You just keep skating on thinner and thinner ice.

Or you know most likely Michael Ardnt is a better writer then any of the EU authors out there.

See I'm some one that likes some of the EU. But I can point out it's flaws. But I also realize what Lucas had in mind when he made the Holocron, now they got a team like JJ and Arndt that will most likely do better then most if not all of the EU writers out there. Who cares if it's cannon or not? Enjoy the EU still, no one can take that away. The Dark Knight Returns is no longer cannon in Batman lore, but does it take away the love of it? No.

I agree with Spider-Gnome your attitude is not the best. To your claim that you are a "true fan" to now this? Please just stop.

Well when your peers are others who say they absolutely "love" Star Wars so much and they say they "have the books and everything" and then they say their favourite movie is The Phantom Menace, and Jar Jar is their favourite character, but not really a fan of A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back because Hayden wasn't in it. As well as that they then say apart from "Star Wars" they just "<3 Twilight" and Spongebob Squarepants, or to top it all off, fall asleep while watching The Avengers(also calling it hugely overrated and unworthy of hype) and The Dark Knight/Rises(Both) you can freely tell me off.

To sum it up I live in world where everyone I know is a "derp" as the internet calls it. You start to feel a little cynical after a while. I wrote that last bit in mind when I was thinking of them, sorry if it offended people. A part of me just wants to enlighten them on what they're boycotting because "Hayden's not in it". To me that's what I think of when I think "General Audience" which film makers primarily aim to satisfy during the "Summer Season". I'm unfortunately surrounded by the generation where the prequels were "cool". Oh how I wished I lived in the 80s. :/

Ya I don't think there are "tons" of people like that. In case you have not noticed, I myself did not care for the PT at all. However you are just generalizing everything. Even most PT fans agree the OT is much better. But that goes off the point. I think most in here are very well versed with film ect. As a fan of TDK and The Avengers you are talking to the wrong person.

So again I'm confused boycotting what? The EU that is nothing more then authorized fan fiction? You are jumping so many guns here I don't even know what you are trying to get across. I hate Twilight, did not care for the PT, see myself as an intelligent movie goer, and guess what? I think most of the EU is juvenile fan fiction. I think much better can be done. Though some of the EU is superb, sadly a lot of it was mediocre. None of them got the attention of everyone like the Thrawn Trilogy did. Nor the sales. That says some things.

I just don't think you know what you are arguing. At first you say if they say the EU is history "I'm fine with that and I will move on" then now your screaming that everyone is GA idiots because we don't' care if the EU is thrown out? And that some how we are idiots because we don't like a lot of the EU?

I think you need to re-examine this argument just a tad.

As a Smallville fan too i can say it's quite bad a lot of times

I voted "Other".
Maybe He dies Peaceful like Yoda or in a Battle like Obi. Or not at all.

Well when your peers are others who say they absolutely "love" Star Wars so much and they say they "have the books and everything" and then they say their favourite movie is The Phantom Menace, and Jar Jar is their favourite character, but not really a fan of A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back because Hayden wasn't in it. As well as that they then say apart from "Star Wars" they just "<3 Twilight" and Spongebob Squarepants, or to top it all off, fall asleep while watching The Avengers(also calling it hugely overrated and unworthy of hype) and The Dark Knight/Rises(Both) you can freely tell me off.

To sum it up I live in world where everyone I know is a "derp" as the internet calls it. You start to feel a little cynical after a while. I wrote that last bit in mind when I was thinking of them, sorry if it offended people. A part of me just wants to enlighten them on what they're boycotting because "Hayden's not in it". To me that's what I think of when I think "General Audience" which film makers primarily aim to satisfy during the "Summer Season". I'm unfortunately surrounded by the generation where the prequels were "cool". Oh how I wished I lived in the 80s. :/

I did live in the 80s, saw all three original Star Wars movies in the theater, and I'm not impressed by the way you're putting people down either. Who cares if they liked the prequels?

Hell, I like Spongebob. :oldrazz:

There are some good ideas embedded within the prequels; as Plinkett argues in his series, the problem was that no one challenged Lucas during the screenwriting stage. If they had, the films would have been polished and packed an emotional and artistic punch as the preceding trilogy did. I am not reiterating all of Plinkett's opinions: his argument about the proofreading and editing rings true for all writers. Hell, I have three people read and offer suggestions for my scripts and fiction ; I balance their input with my intentions and reach a happy compromise.

Having said that, I also really enjoyed the design from the trilogy; my only complaint lies with Padme's costuming in the third film.

Ya I don't think there are "tons" of people like that. In case you have not noticed, I myself did not care for the PT at all. However you are just generalizing everything. Even most PT fans agree the OT is much better. But that goes off the point. I think most in here are very well versed with film ect. As a fan of TDK and The Avengers you are talking to the wrong person.

So again I'm confused boycotting what? The EU that is nothing more then authorized fan fiction? You are jumping so many guns here I don't even know what you are trying to get across. I hate Twilight, did not care for the PT, see myself as an intelligent movie goer, and guess what? I think most of the EU is juvenile fan fiction. I think much better can be done. Though some of the EU is superb, sadly a lot of it was mediocre. None of them got the attention of everyone like the Thrawn Trilogy did. Nor the sales. That says some things.

I just don't think you know what you are arguing. At first you say if they say the EU is history "I'm fine with that and I will move on" then now your screaming that everyone is GA idiots because we don't' care if the EU is thrown out? And that some how we are idiots because we don't like a lot of the EU?

I think you need to re-examine this argument just a tad.

If he was court I'd yell OBJECTION, on the grounds that none of his arguments have anything to do with his case for defending his case. No one in this thread said anything remotely similar to what smallville fan said in his last post.

When Empire came out in '80 I read the making of book. In an interview, Lucas clearly states 'I originally wrote it on a scale of war and peace but because it was so long I cut it in half. But it was still too long so I cut each half into a trilogy. After the success of Star Wars I added a third trilogy.' Now he has since denied that there ever was a third trilogy but its existence is documented and for 30+ years I have wondered what that trilogy looked like.

I can't believe the screen name 'Spider-Man' hasn't been taken till April of this year.

No one. He should become one with the Force like Obi-Wan and Yoda. I'd rather have the Han Solo self-sacrifice thing! His character needs a proper redemption in my eyes. His dickish behaviour can only get him so far.

This is ridiculous thread. We don't even know who is the villain in this and yet you have a full list of potential killers. We don't know if any of them is in.

Hey just sit back and enjoy all the yapping that's going on here :woot:

Luke should die off screen it doesn't have to be mentioned verbally just a statue to his heroism on Tatooine or Coruscant would be more that satisfying to me as a fan. Yes he has to die because I don't wanna see old man Mark Hamil being Luke any longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"