Who loves Jean more? Logan or Scott?

Logan Howlett

Sidekick
Reaction score
This is the most promonent love triangle relationship in all of the Marvel universe. This topic has been discused in many different ways, "Who's Jeans true love?", "Whos better for Jean?", "Who would be a better lover?", "Which couple would have more passion?". This topic has rarely been discused however. Before you cast your final vote look at the pros and cons for both men.

WOLVERINE

Pros

* Wolverine has always loved and tried to care for jean, being as suppotive and understanding as he can.

* Wolverine has steped aside and pushed down any hope of ever being with her because he thought she was happy with Scott.

* He would be extremly and undeniably faithfull to her, as he has always been in his past relationships, Mariko, Silver Fox, and even Rose whom he never was able to be with but stayed selabte until all hope was lost (her untimely death)

* Nothing has ever stoped him from loving her. Not her transformation into Dark Pheonix, not any alternate timeline, he has always loved and tried to be with her.

* Thanks to his healing factor she wont have to worry about him being killed, at least not the same type of worry she has about Scott.

Cons

* His feral rage and hot temper could cause problems in the relationship.

* Hes not quite as attractive as Scott (in the comics anyway)

* He has many more enemys than Scott which could place her in danger.

* A relationship between them could cause a rift within the team and possibly cause Scott to leave.

* He is MUCH older than she is, and because of his Healing Factor he will most likely live many more years than she will.

CYCLOPS

Pros

* He is young and atractive.

* He is an excelent leader.

* He is the "safe" choice.

* He has known her for years, they were two of the original X-Men.

* He knows much more about her personal life and expierences than Logan because of how long he has known her.

Cons

* He has been unfaithfull to her and cheated on her with Emma Frost.

* He has let many things come between them, including her transformation into Dark Pheonix.

* He has told her that he felt bored in the relationship.

* She constantly has to worry about him dieing or getting killed as his powers in no way make him invulnerable.

* After her recent "Death" Scott jumped back into the sack with Emma Frost very shortly after.

Cyclops.

Logan pretty much only loves her because she reminds him of Rose. Scott has loved her pretty much since he saw her. When he learned she was alive, he immediately went to new york to meet her.

Scott, he's still clearly distraught over her death, Emma's a relationship that he's not got his full heart into as much as it may seems he does, and he's only in that relationship because of Jean herself..

Wolverine sees her as Rose, that's why he only cares so much. Wolverine's true love was either Rose or that other girl whose name escapes me now.

Your thinking of Mariko. And as far as him being pushed into that relationship by Jean, is a little off base IMO.

I voted for logan... and I think Logan and Jean look great together... mmmm :O :O My fave characters.

dbwolvieandjean25fb.jpg

Honestly... wow. Famke is so hot in this pic. heh. And I think Im starting to like Hugh Jackman. He's not a bad actor. anyway... yeah.

JustABill said:
Scott, he's still clearly distraught over her death, Emma's a relationship that he's not got his full heart into as much as it may seems he does, and he's only in that relationship because of Jean herself..

Wolverine sees her as Rose, that's why he only cares so much. Wolverine's true love was either Rose or that other girl whose name escapes me now.

The only reason Cyke loves Emma, IMo, is because shes the one person he can vent his frustrations to. Everyone else has known him too long(Beast, Logan, Xavier, etc). That, and sex. Even then, he has her dress up as Jean.

Personally, I think Mariko is the true love of logans life, or Rose.

I voted Scott because let's face it, the man has been to hell and back (how many times now) all on acount of Jean--and he'd do it all over again if he could. That's love. At the end of the day he will always choose Jean. Always.

Logan and Jean have shared some chemistry and kisses, and I'm not saying he doesn't love her to an extent. I think he loves her more for what she represented to him than who she is. Aside from even the Rose angle, Jean was something beautiful and good that he wanted.

Mariko is by far the most tragic love of Logan's life, but I'm not sure even she was the one for him.

(Then again I'm pretty sure I'm slightly biased...) ;)

Scott. I just wanted to point out some flaws in your post though:

Olcanucklehead said:
* He has let many things come between them, including her transformation into Dark Pheonix.
That didn't come between them. He stood by her until the very friggin' end.

* He has told her that he felt bored in the relationship.
And admitting to that is a GOOD thing.

* She constantly has to worry about him dieing or getting killed as his powers in no way make him invulnerable.

* After her recent "Death" Scott jumped back into the sack with Emma Frost very shortly after.
The irony is prevalent here. Jean is the one that keeps dying, not Scott. And she ultimately gave him the Emma-push.

weatherwitch said:
(Then again I'm pretty sure I'm slightly biased...) ;)

Slightly...Yeah, i'll buy that.

But Scott and Jean are meant to be. Always have been. It's the kind of love that conquers all, even death.

She doesn't need to be with either one because all she is doing is playing a high school game between them...with the jock but flirts witht the bad boy. Jean is playing with them and she knows it. What's it gonna take...claws through Scott's head or a blast knocking Logan's head off his shoulders.

I just hate her because she does have a good man, but still leers at Logan. I mean after Logan pushed Scott down a damn hole nearly killing him and then telling Logan off(why would Scott bring him back?)...basically not to think about her or come near her..then issues later she's trying to tell Logan how much she cares for him because the world may end, no excuse.

Honestly don't understand that:confused: I don't see what men see in her.

But to choose her best bet is with Scott
1. He'll stick around
2. She wouldn't be considered bait to letter organizations (X, K, H, S.H.I.E.L.D)
3. I'd rather see her hold Scott back than Logan. Logan prefers to kill his enemies so their are no repeat mishaps, she'd only nag him about it;although he'd wind up saving her life.

I still think Scott after all what they've been through it makes their relationship stronger.

All I can say is...LOGAN! I've never read comic books, so I really don't know about any of the other storylines, but based solely on the movies, I'd say Logan loves her more. He doesn't show it in the clean, polite way that Scott does -- it's more of a desperate love, passionate and without caution. I love how Logan is forward with her, making his intentions perfectly clear, but never vulgar. I also love how Jean is his opposite in many ways -- it just makes the sparks fly even more! And I think that Logan, once true love is aroused in him, would show himself to be the most loyal of lovers. Like many ferocious creatures, he is a sensitive soul underneath, and I do think that if she let him, Jean would be surprised to find how happy he could make her. I think, like someone else said, she's afraid to take a chance with him and she's picking Scott somewhat because he's the safe one. (just talking movieverse here)

Sorry -- I'm a hopeless idealist when it comes to romance! lol

By the way -- wouldn't Logan have forgotten all about Rose and his past loves when his memory was wiped? If so, why do some people say he only loves Jean because she reminds him of Rose?

The Batman said:
Personally, I think Mariko is the true love of logans life, or Rose.

Thats not necessarily true. I remember a comic by Claremont where Logan is conronted by fascimiles of his true loves (a bunch of villains bring em out to screw with him) and Jean is among them.

Scott has always loved Jean and always will,but now that he has a sexy semi-****ty beautiful Emma.Its Jean....who????
Logan/patch/James can have Jean!!!
why the hell would wolverine want boring old Jean,when Logan has had half of the women in the marvel universe,some of the hottest women on the planet!!
that's like peter parker wanting the most ugliest girl in school,tony stark,a man that can have any women in the world and wanting aunt may!!!!
All of the x-men trust and respect scott,and the x-men treat logan as the mangie dog that he is.

logan loves Jean.

Although Scott never even got to first base in the movies, I still voted for him since he reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaally wanted it.

What a silly question.

Logan could only ever dream off the connection scott and jean have...even after the whole thing with emma.

comicbookmaster said:
Scott has always loved Jean and always will,but now that he has a sexy semi-****ty beautiful Emma.Its Jean....who????
why the hell would wolverine want boring old Jean,when Logan has had half of the women in the marvel universe,some of the hottest women on the planet!!
that's like peter parker wanting the most ugliest girl in school,tony stark,a man that can have any women in the world and wanting aunt may!!!!
All of the x-men trust and respect scott,and the x-men treat logan as the mangie dog that he is.

logan loves Jean.

what the...?? :confused:

comicbookmaster said:

logan loves Jean.

He loves her because of their deep friendship that they have because he knows and understands and accepts that Jean and Scott belong together.

KingOfDreams said:
Okay, I have to ask, who the hell is Rose?

In Wolverine Origin's it is revealed that Rose is a young woman that he has deep affection for--his first real love. She doesn't feel quite the same about him (see a pattern) and he kills her (see a pattern) and thus for the remainder of his life he has harbored repressed longing for Rose. Who Jean is a carbon copy of. So there you have it in a nutshell.

weatherwitch said:
In Wolverine Origin's it is revealed that Rose is a young woman that he has deep affection for--his first real love. She doesn't feel quite the same about him (see a pattern) and he kills her (see a pattern) and thus for the remainder of his life he has harbored repressed longing for Rose. Who Jean is a carbon copy of. So there you have it in a nutshell.

Logan didn't KILL Rose, she was pushed by a large crowd into his claws when he was fighting Dog. It wasn't his fault, he didn't even know she was there, he thought that she already left on a train with Smitty, and even took a dive in a cage match with Smitty to get them them the money to leave. She RAN back to find Logan to tell him that she loved him. Man do you guys ever get things mixed up. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"