Homecoming Who should be the Villain in Spider-Man (2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spider-Man - Kingpin hires Vulture to stop the new hero Spider-Man who has been interfering with his business' for the last few months. Vultures lure of money quickly turns personal after an encounter with the hero as he sees him as a young arrogant fool.

Infinity War 1 - Spider-Man finds the black suit sometime during the movie, it makes sense seeing as the symbiote comes from space and Thanos and his minions being from there.

Infinity War 2 - Spidey kicks serious ass showcasing the black suit

Spider-Man 2 - Spidey continues using the black suit but unknown to him it is changing him for the worse. He meets Eddie Brock through the Daily Bugle where their feud begins. Meanwhile Kingpin is looking for an answer to stop Spidey now thats he's stronger and meaner then ever, enter Kraven the hunter who comes to New York after hearing the stories of giant birds and spiders who he wants to hunt. After nearly killing Kraven in battle Peter realizes he needs to ditch the suit and does so. Post credits the symbiote attaches to Brock creating VENOM.

Spider-Man 3: Showdown with Venom, ends with Brock imprisoned.

Not to get too much off topic, (but I've read numerous black costume acquisition scenarios in this thread) but Marvel/Disney actually have all the pieces in place where they could do a Secret Wars movie.

Post credit scenes from each of their movies could show how each hero gets transported to battleworld. Thus Spidey could acquire the symbiote just like the comics.

*shrugs shoulders* Just throwing it out there.

Spider-Man: Something like Spectacular Spider-man. Kingpin and Doc Ock use Oscorp to create the Sinister Six. Spider-Man exposes that Oscorp is the cause of all the super villain leaving Oscorp's reputation ruined and Norman vowing revenge on the Sinister Six and Spider-Man.

Sinister Six: Norman's out for revenge on the Sinister Six. He creates the Thunderbolts as good PR for Oscorp and get revenge on the Six.

Spider-Man 2: Realizing that the Thunderbolts are perceived as heroes and can't attack another hero, Norman becomes the Green Goblin to fight Spider-Man.

Avengers 4: Green Goblin and the Thunderbolts vs Spider-Man and the Avengers.

Last edited:
What I would want: a movie with Morbius as a villain, also featuring Blade as a supporting character. A bit similar to that one episode in the old Spiderman the Animated Series.

What is more likely: Mysterio or Vulture. I think Scorpion looks too much like the other villains we've seen, especially the Lizard. It basically is a scientist / test subject, science goes all wrong and they become insane and powerful. That's the basic backstory of almost ALL the villains we've seen in the movies. The goblins, Dr Octopus, the lizard, electro etc. I'm all behind Mysterio 100%.

Spider-Man - Kingpin hires Vulture to stop the new hero Spider-Man who has been interfering with his business' for the last few months. Vultures lure of money quickly turns personal after an encounter with the hero as he sees him as a young arrogant fool.

Infinity War 1 - Spider-Man finds the black suit sometime during the movie, it makes sense seeing as the symbiote comes from space and Thanos and his minions being from there.

Spider-Man 2 - Spidey continues using the black suit but unknown to him it is changing him for the worse. He meets Eddie Brock through the Daily Bugle where their feud begins. Meanwhile Kingpin is looking for an answer to stop Spidey now thats he's stronger and meaner then ever, enter Kraven the hunter who comes to New York after hearing the stories of giant birds and spiders who he wants to hunt. After nearly killing Kraven in battle Peter realizes he needs to ditch the suit and does so. Post credits the symbiote attaches to Brock creating VENOM.

I'd rather see Brock get introduced in the first movie so he's already established when the symbiote comes into play, but this would all be killer. :up:

Last edited:
I've seen articles rumouring to have Matthew McConaughey playing Norman Osborn, a terrific actor but a villain I'd rather not see repeated for the third time in 6 movies.

I've also heard gossip of Vincent D'Onofrio's Wilson Fisk set to make an appearance which would seem perfect opportunity for Charlie Cox's Daredevil to appear.

Also, as charming as Garfield and Stone's chemistry was, is it just me or would anyone else like to see a love interest whose purpose is something more than a damsel in distress? Black Cat/Felicia Hardy for example.

I would love to see Mysterio face Spidey and present him with both physical AND psychological challenges. Having said this I'd give almost anything to see Venom (and Carnage) written and portrayed well.

In addition to this, it's been 11 years since Alfred Molina's Doc Ock appeared in Spider-Man 2 and it'd be awesome to see him return at some point - perhaps as the leader of Sinister Six?

I doubt they would go right out the gate with giblin. No reason we can't have harry and norman be supporting players. And slowly build up mcu oscorp and norman turn into goblin. I see that happening and we are more likely going to get a never used villain like mysterio for the actual threat.

Off topic, but was it true that Jim Carrey was supposed to play Carnage in the Amazing Spiderman franchise? I remember hearing a rumour that he was seen on set and that he was supposedly talking to the directors. Probably BS but I would just like to know if anyone has heard more than me. He almost seems like the most suitable actor to play the character, or at least the most suitable out of the very famous actors.

Off topic, but was it true that Jim Carrey was supposed to play Carnage in the Amazing Spiderman franchise? I remember hearing a rumour that he was seen on set and that he was supposedly talking to the directors. Probably BS but I would just like to know if anyone has heard more than me. He almost seems like the most suitable actor to play the character, or at least the most suitable out of the very famous actors.
It was a rumor and I don't think I would've wanted to see that. I love jim and he can be a great serious actor too, but ehhh

Love this.

Wouldn't mind this, but Daredevil would have to get involved too since he also messes around with Wilson's business.

Yup, this is what should happen!:up:

Brock would be better if he's introduced in the first movie as a Bugle reporter. Kraven would be cool as a second villain but having him hired by kingpin pretty much makes Wilson spidey's big bad too and you'd have to include daredevil again. Which means you'd have to tie him into Spidey 3 too :b

Vulture for the solo.
Kraven and Lizard for the sequel.
Doc Ock/Venom for the third.

Beforw we can have Wilson we have to have Spidey gain a reputation as something Wilson needs to take care of.

I still like to see mysterio as head villain to have a unique and different villain type. Then someone like shocker as as minor secondary threat spidey takes out a fee tines. And then in the background norman and/or Fisk as the puppet master behind the scenes.

I still like to see mysterio as head villain to have a unique and different villain type. Then someone like shocker as as minor secondary threat spidey takes out a fee tines. And then in the background norman and/or Fisk as the puppet master behind the scenes.
Kingpin should be just a part of the gang side that spidey takes on which leaves room to team up with DD. Norman should be the puppet master, if there will be one. I still think setting up the death of Jean Dewolff would be awesome because it ties in with the symbiote (if pete gets it in iw like we all hope), ties in with Eddie and you can bring in Daredevil for a fight in the sequel.

Kingpin should be just a part of the gang side that spidey takes on which leaves room to team up with DD. Norman should be the puppet master, if there will be one. I still think setting up the death of Jean Dewolff would be awesome because it ties in with the symbiote (if pete gets it in iw like we all hope), ties in with Eddie and you can bring in Daredevil for a fight in the sequel.

Heck the villain should be Fisk who's extremely intelligent while powerful at the same time. A villain who doesn't need to rely on his strength to defeat heroes and instead most of the time uses his intelligence. That would keep it relatively street level and have the benefit of being able to end in some way other than death or insanity for antagonist.

Here is my problem with Vulture, Green Goblin made him redundant right away.

Vulture can fly, Gobby can fly, has a wider array of weapons then Vulture, is as strong as Spidey, has come up with better schemes then Vulture and is more of personal enemy for Spider-Man.

Vulture doesn't bring much to the table that Gobby doesn't already do and

Also what exactly would Vulture do in a film? If he is just some goon for hire working for some crime boss, it seems like you can easily replace him with a more physically powerful villain that can fit that role.

Vulture can fly, Gobby can fly, has a wider array of weapons then Vulture, is as strong as Spidey, has come up with better schemes then Vulture and is more of personal enemy for Spider-Man.

Also what exactly would Vulture do in a film? If he is just some goon for hire working for some crime boss, it seems like you can easily replace him with a more physically powerful villain that can fit that role.

I agree. Shocker or Rhino would be cooler muscle

Kingpin should hire Toomes to create a thug capable of defeating and humiliating Spider-Man.

1st film - Mysterio & Kingpin + Crime Syndicate

2nd film - Kraven

3rd film - Venom

Who would say vulture is nuscle. He never been portrayed as the muscle for any one. He could easily with right story be a solid villain. I brought up some interesting ideas on vulture awhile back.

If they gave Vulture an upgrade for the film I could see him posing a much bigger threat if not just as big a threat as the Goblin. I've always been fond of the Noir version where Vulture was a circus freak. Or possibly the 1990 cartoon version where he had the ability to absorb energy to make himself young and those he absorbed old.

I'm sure there are several other ways to make him more dangerous. Perhaps they make it so the Vulture suit not only grants him flight but enhanced durability and strength near on par with that of Spider-Mans.

I think Toomes should be one of the developers for the Falcon wings, and he decides to make his own upgraded wings using electromagnets.

I think Toomes should be one of the developers for the Falcon wings, and he decides to make his own upgraded wings using electromagnets.

That would work well with his comic backstory. I forget what issue, but he tries to get revenge on his former business partner who screwed him over. Have him sub contracted by shield to develop the falcons wings, gets screwed over, exacts revenge, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"