Justice League Who Should Be The Villain?

That'd be a good lineup of villains, I'd begin with Starro and end with Darkseid. But it might seem repetetive having 3 very similar villains in a row.

The problem with the White Martians and the Appalaxians is then you don't have an iconic main villain . White Martians would be good if they were affiliated with a different villain.

The problem with the White Martians and the Appalaxians is then you don't have an iconic main villain . White Martians would be good if they were affiliated with a different villain.

I don't think they need some iconic figurehead to lead those groups.

You're right, it's just boring without one though.

Not necessarily. I think having Loki as the figurehead in Avengers hurt it a little, because the Chitauri stop being a threat and end just as a weapon or obstacle keeping the Avengers from Loki.

Doing an Earth 2-Antimater Universe could work. Use the Crime Syndicate or the Justice Lords, borrow from Morrison's Earth 2 along with hints of a fascist regime a la A Better World, establish the Multiverse with hints to other parallel Earths and a potential Crisis and you have a kick ass and deep first movie without using any of your big cards (like Darkseid).

As much as I want the Crime Syndicate (I originally wanted them for the first instalment) I think they'd work better as a sequel with a fully formed, cohesive team.

That could be cool, I love Mongul. I'd prefer someone else though

Last edited:
AVENGERS\MARVEL is very much going to beat JLA to the punch when it comes to presenting a cosmic villain known for both his intellectual and physical threat. DARKSEID, MONGOL, the roided up version of DESPERO or the R.E.B.E.L.S. STARRO will seem derivitive to the GA. These are'nt people who will get subltle differences of character history or what not. Go for the Martian threat and youve already solved the problem of both how to intro J'onn and you provide a threat worthy of the League. My own druthers is to have old school STARRO, big old starfish with little parasitic controllers as the bad behind the Martian threat.

I actually don't think they will beat JL to the punch. Thanos will only be the villain in Avengers 3. 2018 maybe 2019. Justice League could be out 2017 or 2018.

Darkseid will beat Thanos to the punch, most likely. Making Thanos look stupid. But the worst thing that could happen is they both come out the same year. And that's not even that bad, because it will be a battle to see which one comes off more powerful/sinister on screen & which story is better presented.

But if they're holding off on Darkseid...they need to reference Brainiac in Man Of Steel 2. Hype him up as the first Justice League villain. Then bring Darkseid into the JLA sequel where he's battling the original lineup. All of them. Because if Darkseid is coming, he's going to be written as the ultimate enemy, like a Satan of that universe. EVERY part of planet earth will be vulnerable including all bodies of water/oceans, land, everything. Aquaman will be needed. As well as Martian Manhunter's power. They need to go ALL OUT! Think LOTR-Return Of The King.

Maybe this is why Brainiac should be the first villain (something Henry Cavill hinted at). Especially since the first movie is looking to be the main 5 members only.

Why am I being so simple and predictable by just choosing Brainiac and Darkseid? Hey, if they can fit Vandal Savage or whoever else into it then im open-minded. But as far as im concerned, they have to go big. They need a God-like villain who they can market the hell out of for general audiences along with the hardcore fans. They're the best 2 options.

A villainous team could work too. It's different but I prefer the iconic main villain like stated by someone else.

I agree to disagree. MARVEL has a plan in place that is already at least 2 years ahead of WB, wich still has their plans for a DCCU up in the air as of now. How much further both in on screen narrative and behind the sceens prep will they be by the time solid and definative action is taken by the WB team, who ever that finally turns out to be?

Not that it would matter to the GA, but a STARRO/MARTIAN combo would in a way one up MARVEL. it takes any SECRET INVASION/SKRULL story off the table. They would'nt want to look like copycats either I suspect. The themes of paranoia and mistrust work well with either shape shifting alien race.

Marvel's "plan" is to cash grab on a couple more movies till Joss Weedon has the Avengers 2 script ready. I doubt Winter Soldier and Thor 2 are gonna movie the Thanos/Avengers plot any further. Wanda and Quicksilver don't scream Thanos to me and we have a year and a half till Guardians of the Galaxy.

If WB/DC wants to get their stuff together now its the time, it still isnt too late just respect your characters and do not consider them flops.
Man of Steel should be Batman Begins quality if it aint its ok im sure it still is a good movie. A GL semi-sequel/soft reboot can be done in 1 year easly. Ryan Raynolds is there so is Mark Strong, do it like Xmen first class, quietly and effectively.

Man of Steel 2 will be out by 2015 giving us Brianiac or Metallo and Lex and possibly introducing Batman and working as a World's Finest movie. 3 characters out of 5 are out.

If Avengers 2 with Thanos and JLA with Darseid clash on the same year i can see JLA winning. Pretty sure people are going to google "which cosmic supervillain came first, Darkseid or Thanos" and the answer is going to tip the scale. Marvel's biggest cards don't even belong to Marvel anymore. If WB does Bats and Sups correctly then the fight is half-won.

What WB is missing is balls not money or creative people. Hire people that care about comics or delivering a good story and you are done.

Last edited:
I really doubt MOS2 will be coming out next year.. :oldrazz:

Starro. Just don't think like a starfish on the face, think like the creatures in Prometheus. Slimy and grey colored. Always slithering like eels. And the eye only opens once someone has been possessed. And the only thing that's purple is the eye!

I've already visualized a scenario where Superman just has to surrender to being possessed. It would also be a great mashup of genres. You got your superheroes, you got your zombies and you got your zombie apocalypse with superheroes as the last remaining survivors! What more could you want!

Oh by the way, I still want that giant starfish. I just don't know how to present it!

By 2014? Haha, they're not literally Supermen! June 2015 the earliest for MO2 2.

Starro. Just don't think like a starfish on the face, think like the creatures in Prometheus. Slimy and grey colored. Always slithering like eels. And the eye only opens once someone has been possessed. And the only thing that's purple is the eye!

Oh by the way, I still want that giant starfish. I just don't know how to present it!

I picture something like this:

kraken_sand.jpg

Also, I think Starro could be suitable villain, as it can potentially compromise one or a few of the league members and pit them against innocent people/the rest of the league (giving us our WW vs Superman fight, etc). Perhaps they officially form the league at the end not only to show the world that they are keeping them safe from the forces out in the universe, but from each other as well. (and for Supes, perhaps at the end, Supes can give Bats kryptonite, the only thing that could stop him in case he ever turns rogue).

I also think you can tie Starro with Atlantis, who appear to be the main antagonists throughout. Have it revealed that Arthur is not controlling the giant kraken, but rather that the kraken is Starro, and that it is controlling him.

Last edited:
The first film should be some sort of invasion, whether its Brainiac and his robot army, Darkseid and the Parademons, or the White Martians.

The second should be an adaptation of Tower of Babel/JL: Doom.

Could the Appallaxians work if you keep their whole, using the Earth as an arena to decide who leads their empire schtick and embellish it a little? Each elemental giant actually takes over a different city with their own army of miniature elementals. Each city has it's own hero that.... And you know what? I got nuttin'. Shazbot!!

After seeing MoS, I've changed a little bit of my perspective on who the JL should face. I think an alien threat with complexity is needed. Darkseid and Brainiac's stories would be perfect because to them it's more than just a simple alien invasion. Taking Earth is usually just an element in a bigger plan.

With Darkseid we can show the new gods, which would bring a very strong backstory and create more emotion with the audience. I can also see him being a very hyped up villain for the marketing. Darkseid also present more layers to add in the Furies, Barta, Dasaad, etc. It leaves a lot of room for twists.

Brainiac would be another great choice because he knows exactly what to expect when fighting a kryptonian, which means that Superman may actually need the help.

No Brainiac for Justice League. If you want an invasion Starro or Darkseid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"