Sequels Who should lead a movie Sinister Six?

I am not saying that, I am saying how can you afford 6 villains plus Spider-Man? Thats my worry. Heck, I outlined a way how the SS could be defeated in another thread.

My answer, just one long battle with the Sinister Six. The rest is their formation and one cheaper member (like Electro) getting added last and carrying the first act of the movie.
It can actually be done, but you need to have the right director, who can execute great looking scenes without using an ass load of expensive and unnecessary CGI.

No one. We don't need a sinister six. Unless you all want the francise to end with the death of Spiderman.

It can actually be done, but you need to have the right director, who can execute great looking scenes without using an ass load of expensive and unnecessary CGI.

It would be difficult, that is for certain.

It will be ridiculous him to lead six more villains, Spider-Man was defeated by him alone. Also we will have Scorpion, who is similar to Octopus, he has one tail/tentacle where Octopus has 4 that makes him stronger.

All it takes is creativity and damn good writing. The right director could make a great Sinister Six movie with 200M bucks tops. It's all about execution, creativity, direction and writing. It's not as hard as one may think. Compare how much it took Peter Jackson to make the LOTR trilogy, a mere bag of shells compare to what Pirates 3 and SM3 cost. It can be done.

Yes, that's the one. Alfred said he was asked if he'd like to do another one, and he said he'd love to, then asked if his character dies. Raimi and Arad told him he doesn't die, he just disappears.

I've been saying that since June 30, 2004 10:30pm.

If Doctor Octopus isn't leading the Sinister Six, the story isn't worth telling.

BTW, it would be perfect to end the Spider-Man franchise with a Sinister Six film (Spider-Man 6), with a new director at the helm.

6th movie
6 in the title
6 villains

Catholics would have a field day with the mark of the beast bellowing of 666.

The Anti-Christ shall lead them then!

The Sinister Six only works if you have TWO previously introduced characters, TWO inconsequential, essentially two-dimensional characters without any need for development or backstory, and two focal point (probably the leader and one other character. So I say the Six could consist of:

Hobgoblin (Leader)
Electro (Dramatic Focus)
Vulture (Previously Introduced)
Mysterio (Previously Introduced)
Rhino (Minor)
Shocker (Minor)

Plus, none of those are terribly demanding SFX wise. Plus, it'd be a great way to conclude a series, if you can come up with a reasonable means by which they're defeated. How bout a story in which the Six more or less seize control of Manhattan?

We still have SM4 and SM5 to introduce some new villains to give them their back stories so they can be added to the Sinister Six in SM6.Just hope the villains don't die in those movies.

They could just have some villains be like previous villains,like Hydro Man who is like Sandman,Carnage who is like Venom,Hobgoblin who is like GG since you can't have the original type characters in it since there dead.

I think the Hobgoblin works best. He is crafty, so him creating a team to take out a threat all other villains have fallen to would work for him. SM2 Ock just doesn't seem like the Master Planner Ock that would do something like this. Plus, Hobgoblin II was a member of the Sinister Six. I outlined a way I thought the SS could work as a trilogy in another thread, but I am too lazy to repost it right now.

We talked about how to bring in Hopgoblin into the series as the eventual leader and I think we came out with a damn good solution if this was the case... if anyone is serious about a Sinister Six check out those ideas Spideyfan and myself came up with (what was the thread)... but yeah I like Sloth's Electro idea.... (a super villain/trump card/lab type experiment) that way you won't have to include Electro in an elaborate but cliche revenge type script OR play the sentimental card with him with the tragic family background and all... its a short cut that may actually better serve the character... the rest of that Sloth lineup blows however... I say just use the original team and add in Vulture with Ock as the primary mastermind but I could definitely see Hopgoblin in this role... great idea so cudos to Spideyfan for getting me on the bandwagon.... at least partially

Hobgoblin sucks ass, no Goblin should lead the Sinister Six, Doc Ock or nothing. The story really isn't worth telling if Doc Ock isn't the leader. Might as well go with another story instead of Sin-Six.

I can't wait for Ock to come back and lead the Sinister Six.

And I am tired of hearing people saying Ock turned good... how exactly is this? He saved millions of people from a mess he himself created.... thats like saying a terrorist with a suicide bomb that chickens out of it and blows himself apart to spare everyone else is all of a sudden good.... or a hero... what a ridiculous statement.... Ock will be back no doubt in my mind as long as SM4/5 are hits.... and it WILL be a Sinister 6.... the buildup will start in SM4.... heck it is hinted at in SM3. Ock still as his goal of completing fusion... I think he comes back with full control of his tentacles (the way they were meant to be) and is a complete badass that has a MUCH greater goal than "let me round up some thugs to kill Spiderman".... and don't give me dead when you got characters like Jean Grey... it has happened in the comics and it will happen in the live action movie verse... one ressurection is guaranteed whether it be Norman or Otto or Venom/symbiate

Hobgoblin sucks ass, no Goblin should lead the Sinister Six, Doc Ock or nothing. The story really isn't worth telling if Doc Ock isn't the leader. Might as well go with another story instead of Sin-Six.

And I see where this is coming from too... Ock is the leader... but I also think he needs a rival... doesn't mean Hopgoblin... I am tired of goblins to be honest.... but Sandman... Mysterio.... they either don't have enough power or brains (that perfect combo) you need to be a rival to Ock... also the team should really take shape in SM5... that means Ock needs significant time in SM5.... thats overkill too... thats why I like King Pin to spearhead this... with SM5 ending on the cliff hanger... just to keep a Sinister Six up in the air until very late in the series... but yes it should be hinted at and the buildup should be there from SM4 on.

We talked about how to bring in Hopgoblin into the series as the eventual leader and I think we came out with a damn good solution if this was the case... if anyone is serious about a Sinister Six check out those ideas Spideyfan and myself came up with (what was the thread)... but yeah I like Sloth's Electro idea.... (a super villain/trump card/lab type experiment) that way you won't have to include Electro in an elaborate but cliche revenge type script OR play the sentimental card with him with the tragic family background and all... its a short cut that may actually better serve the character... the rest of that Sloth lineup blows however... I say just use the original team and add in Vulture with Ock as the primary mastermind but I could definitely see Hopgoblin in this role... great idea so cudos to Spideyfan for getting me on the bandwagon.... at least partially

Yeah, we had some great ideas in there. Can't remember the thread though.

I deffinetly dont think they should bring back Norman.

Doc Ock was so cool, but I like the way he died in the secont film.

Kingpin could easily be the leader.You need someone with alot of juice to be able to get all these villains together.You could even count Kingpin as a member so you wouldn't have to worry about the budget on special effects.

Maybe Peter has witnessed the Kingpin kill someone and the the Kingpin can't find Peter to kill him because Peter has been scooped away in the witness protection so he can testify and put Kingpin away for murder.

So the Kingpin holds the city hostage with his muscle.He could have Hydro-Man guarding the outer part of the city not letting anyone in or out of the city,he could have Electro cause a blackout where even generators and flashlights won't even work,he could set a curfew and anyone who is out will be killed by the Vulture and the Hobgoblin who are patrolling the skies,and Scorpion could be out hunting for spidey.

But spidey isn't in the city since Peter was wisked away to be put into the witness protection.Kingpin could show pictures of Peter saying that if anyone kills Peter that the city will be released from his captivity.

Then Peter convinces the witness protection to give him to the Kingpin and they basically have no choice they think,so they let him go.And when Peter gets to the city two of Kingpin's villains(Vulture/Hobgoblin)could take Peter to the hideout of the Kingpin,because Kingpin wants to kill him personally.

When Peter is in the hideout and Kingpin pulls out a gun and is about to kill him,Peter does some spidey acrobatics and Kingpin and the two villains are surprised that this kid is spidey.

Kingpin is calling his other three villains(Hydro-Man,Electro,Scorpion) back to the hideout for backup as Kingpin is shooting at spidey with a gun as Vulture and Hobgoblin are flying all around in the room as they are fighting spidey.

The Scorpion comes breaking through the door and shoots acid from his tail at spidey while spidey is fighting Vulture and Hobgoblin.Spidey dodges the acid when his spidey sense goes off and the acid hits the Vultures wings where they melt completly off,then the Scorpion swings his tail at spidey and spidey dodges the swinging tail as well,but the Vutlure gets hit with it and is sent crashing out the window and falls down fifty stories to his death.

Then one of Kingpin's bullets hits one of spidey's shoulders and one hits Hobloblin's glider and makes the Hobgoblin's glider go bursting full speed out the window,spidey jumps to the ground as it goes flying over him,and spidey shoots a web at the Kingpin and the other end to the Hobgoblin's glider where the Kingpin is dragged out of his office screaming as the Hobgoblin is dragging him away.

Spidey jumps out the window to go after the Kingpin,and the Scorpion follows.Spidey and the Scorpion have a huge fight on the rooftops as spidey is trying to not lose sight of the Kingpin.

Then the Scorpion hits spidey with his tail and spidey is sent falling off the rooftops and Scorpion goes after him and they fight as they fall(like spidey and Venom did in SM3) and they land on the hood of a parked car that is parked on the side of the street.

There both laying there on the crumpled car,and the Scorpion is hurt bad where we see a piece of metal is sticking out of his stomach.Spidey rolls off the hood of the car and walks to the trunk of another parked car and is leaning over trying to catch his breath until his spidey sense goes off again.

Spidey jumps onto the side of the building as a bolt of electricity hits the parked car he was leaning on and the parked car goes flying into the air and comes back down and lands on the Scorpion.

Electro stands in the middle of the street and starts shooting at spidey who is on the side of the building with bolts of electricity.Spidey ducks behind another car as the car is being shot full of holes looking like swiss cheese.

Spidey web zips under the car and across the street under the Electro's legs and underneath another parked car on the other side of the street.Then spidey shoots a web onto the Electro's back and yanks hard on it.

Electro crashes through the window of a parked car.As spidey is getting to his feet the car door is blasted off its hinges and the door flies over and hits spidey.

Spidey and Electro are fighting,spidey is jumping on the side of the building,jumping onto cars,jumps onto a fire hydrant.

Then as spidey dodges another bolt of electricity,the bolt of electricity cuts the top of the fire hydrant off sending water shooting into the air,and the water comes back down splashing all over Electro frying him.

As spidey is on the side of the building watching this a fist formed out of the water punches spidey and spidey goes through the wall.Spidey is fighting Hydro-Man inside a building that happens to be an ice rink.

They have a huge fight,during the fight.Hydro-Man busts open the ice on the rink and uses the water in it to turn into a giant Hydro-Man.They continue to have a huge fight where spidey is basically doing some cool spidey acrobatics trying to dodge the giant fists of water.

Until spidey sees the control box on a wall that makes the water turn to ice for the skaters.Spidey shoots a web ball at it and Hydo-Man becomes frozen where people skate on him forever.

As spidey is walking out of the building he is shot in the stomach and falls to the ground.As spidey looks up he sees the shadow of the figure illuminated as the Kingpin steps into the streetlight.

The Kingpin says some words and pulls the hammer to the gun to finish spidey.Spidey shoots a web ball into the muzzle of the gun,and the gun explodes in Kingpin's face when he fires it killing the crime lord of the city.

And you find out later that Hobgoblin was arrested when he was knocked out when he crashed into something.

I think something as simple as a murder witness won't be intricate enough for a Sinister Six... as pointed out earlier... everyone needs a motive. Every member. There needs to be a story behind everything... it shouldn't be about one person rounding up thugs to complete an agenda. If King Pin is in, he needs to have a much grander motive than "I need to kill a witness that just happens to be Spiderman"... I like the creativity... but it needs to be a better plot. Octavius could have scientific motives. Maybe he is on the brink of another discovery... we got the Sandman daughter thing. Electro and vulture could have more simple motives... Kraven could just be looking for another hunt if he is in. Mysterio I don't know... but King Pin should have some grand scheme behind creating the team. Maybe he is trying to acquire some advances technology or something (recall promethium X from TAS?). Something along those lines. Maybe he is using Ock to create the ultimate weapon and needs a team to carry everything out. Anything along those lines... of course Sony needs to get the rights first. I don't see it happening though.

Hm. I think people really need to watch the end of Spider-Man 2 before they keep demanding that Doc Ock lead the Sinister Six. Within the context of the movie series, it wouldn't make sense. And I don't think they should cook up some explanation (like brain damage or amnesia) for making him evil again. This isn't the comics, and it's certainly not a soap opera. There was a point to what he did at the end of Spider-Man 2 when he willingly sacrificed his work AND himself in order to save the city from what he'd created. What we would be the point of all that if he came back and was evil again?

And did people forget what made him "evil" in the first place? He was pursuing a scientific goal, but the only reason he went about it the way he did was because his mind was more or less being controlled by the tentacles once the inhibitor chip broke. And please don't suggest that the tentacles would just start controlling him again. That would totally defeat the purpose of everything that happened.

And even if they did, then what? Either Peter has to do the EXACT SAME THINGS he did at the end of SM2 to convince him not to be evil, or he has to kill him. Both would take away from the power and resonance of the climax of SM2.

Either someone else leads the Six, or there is no Six.

I have to go with Green Goblin eventually because Ock has a set of morals and would just want Peter out of the way so he can conduct his experiments for the betterment of mankind without intrusion whereas Norman has a more personal vendetta against Spidey and more ambition to be an underworld kingpin, no pun intended. As per the comics of course a healing factor can explain why he's alive.

And did people forget what made him "evil" in the first place?

Well, I seem to recall Otto Octavius being somewhat driven by his singular goal even before the inhibitor chip was destroyed. He was the one that voluntarily tried to stop Spider-man from shutting down the fusion device.

Bringing Norman back in the comics was stupid, and bringing back in the movies would be equally (if not more) stupid.

A animal version of the sinister six lead by kraven

kraven
vulture 2nd in command
rhino
scorpion
kangaroo (comical entry)
lizard

and kraven mid way through getting axed and replaced by the originally thought of dead-ock 60-70% through the movie...

that'd be nice but not at least till spiderman 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"