Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings General Discussion and Speculation thread

There's a pretty big difference between attacking a village you think is holding your wife captive and attacking a village purely out of revenge for being banished.

Wenwu is in the wrong either way but in the latter circumstance he would be far less sympathetic.

Considering his wife was murdered by thugs, there's no conceivable way they'd be holding her hostage.

Considering his wife was murdered by thugs, there's no conceivable way they'd be holding her hostage.

But, I mean, you did watch the movie right? Wenwu was being fed delusions by the Dweller in the Darkness, and thus he believed that Jiang Li was still somehow alive and imprisoned in Ta Lo.

Also, to be fair, this is a universe where half the universe died and came back to life. Crazy **** happens all the time. Even Shang Chi had some doubts about whether or not his mom might have still been alive.

The positive feed back from you guys and the positive feed back in general has got me interested in seeing the film once it gets to Disney Plus.

Without seeing the film , here's my brief, incomplete ,and imperfect, 1960s era Shang Chi And The Legend Of The Ten Rings cast.

D_6TCESWsAAQOt4.png

shang-chi-simu-liu-1618839614.png

Shang Chi : Bruce Lee

8ozpdUZC260QUmor96Nsb2csz00.jpg

Shang-Chi-and-the-Legend-of-the-Ten-Rings-5-Takeaway.jpg

Wenwu :Shih Kien

hqdefault.jpg

44659267-9724439-image-m-109_1624605126106.jpg

Katy : Tsai Chin

images

fala-chen-shang-chi-legend-of-the-ten-rings-1629209164.jpeg

Leiko Wu : Nancy Kwan

367full-france-nuyen.jpg

612e58079ef1e50018f8f6d9

Xialing: France Nuyen

c3d74fd51e51012e42163331946f905a.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Razor Fist : Steve Reeves

wong-jack-man2-300x157.jpg

Shang-Chi-The-origins-of-the-superhero-the-Mandarin-Death-Dealer.jpg

Death Dealer : Wong Jack Man

This was GREAT. I was wrong on nearly every front about this movie, I'd even go as far as to say it's the BEST MCU origin film

It’s a good origin film, but better than Iron Man? All MCU origin films seem to fall a little flat in the 3rd act, but Iron Man’s “dip” was very subtle. The soul suckers portion of Shang chi really moved it into generic territory and you could feel the dip like a six flags roller coaster ride, imo. Still though, I loved the movie and think a second movie can really get into CA:TWS territory now that the handcuffs of an origin story are removed.

Disney plus will announce the releases for October next week. This will be interesting, because in the mid of October the 45 days window for Shang Chi will end - will it be released in other platforms for rent? Premiere Access but at much cheaper price or direct to D+….we‘ll know by next week (probably Tuesday or Wednesday)

Disney plus will announce the releases for October next week. This will be interesting, because in the mid of October the 45 days window for Shang Chi will end - will it be released in other platforms for rent? Premiere Access but at much cheaper price or direct to D+….we‘ll know by next week (probably Tuesday or Wednesday)
Fingers Crossed for direct release to the free side of Disney Plus!

New video that goes into detail about the changes, thoughts, and ideas behind the Ten rings of power. Also a lot of really cool BTS and unfinished CGI footage.

I don't see Disney skipping home media release + paid downloads.

I don't see Disney skipping home media release + paid downloads.
It wouldn't be skipping them but rather suspending them to encourage more people to subscribe to their service. The "experiment" could extend to how long a Disney + exclusive as well as a theatrical exclusive

It wouldn't be skipping them but rather suspending them to encourage more people to subscribe to their service. The "experiment" could extend to how long a Disney + exclusive as well as a theatrical exclusive
Well Black Widow came out in physical media more than 45 days its D+ release. It is likely going to be the same for Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, more or less 2 months.

And those who want to download the movie online for a price (assuming it comes out the same day as the D+ release), well I doubt D+ is going to lose subscribers because of it.

I could see them offering BW on their "free" service; as long as you "pay" for their regular service. LOL.

BW will definitely be “free” starting Oct 6th. It says it on the app. I’m eager to know if Shang-Chi will be coming to D+ as “free” too. I mean either way, as soon as it hits VOD, 4K quality pirated copies will be available so why not just make it “free” for D+ subscribers?

well so much for the 45 days window - I would‘ve paid, if they put it for rent after 45 days.
Only bad news today - Chapek and Feige can go **** themselves

It will most likely be on VOD after the 45 day mark and then hit Disney+ for “free” on Nov 12th. I think the 45 day mark ends around Oct 18th and then VOD for rent for about 4 weeks before being available on D+.

It will most likely be on VOD after the 45 day mark and then hit Disney+ for “free” on Nov 12th. I think the 45 day mark ends around Oct 18th and then VOD for rent for about 4 weeks before being available on D+.

Well it's torrents for me then...

Well it's torrents for me then...

Yeah I don’t get why it won’t come out straight to D+ for free right after the 45 days. As soon as it hits VOD, there’ll be pirated copies out there anyway.

Yeah I don’t get why it won’t come out straight to D+ for free right after the 45 days. As soon as it hits VOD, there’ll be pirated copies out there anyway.

They could've put it at half price and still made money.

It’s just because, that they have something meaningful for Disney plus day (tbh Home Sweet Alone and Dopesick is enough for me - it’s too much content for one day again)
It wouldn’t make a difference at the box office if it is released after 45 days or 70 days now.
Unless the release it on iTunes and Amazon after 45 days or D+ Premiere Access (maybe for 9,99 or 4,99€)

I don’t think it will be put on D+ Premiere Access since they said Nov 12th is the streaming premiere date. But it will probably be on VOD on Amazon and iTunes before that date for a price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"