Sequels Who should the villain be?

Scorpion, Kraven, and Mysterio I think are the three big unused villains who can carry solo films. At some point in Holland's tenure, though, they HAVE to tell the Venom Saga right, starting with the suit, then Brock, then hopefully an Agent Venom spinoff.

It seems like Scorpion is more brawn then brains, he seems like a good henchman though.

One idea is to have Mysterio be the main villain and have Scorpion be his henchman, that way you can still have a psychological thriller plot, but still have a physical super villain for Spidey to fight.

Ehh, I say just give Scorpion a bit of retooling. Maybe add Smythe and the Spider slayers.

I'd be hard-pressed to see Scorpion carry a whole film alone... needs a financial backer angle like 616 with Jonah and Stillwell OR a conspiracy angle like the Ultimate Clone Saga IMO.

Kraven deserves it. It's tricky though there are so many Spidey villains who belong in the mcu

Kraven deserves it. It's tricky though there are so many Spidey villains who belong in the mcu

Yup, Kraven's at the very top of all the possibilities they can do with him without having to actually change his character (Mysterio) or add to him (Scorpion) to carry a whole film.

Kraven could easily carry a solo film. Not sure if that's what I want more than anything else, but there's myriad plot opportunities with him.

Mysterio could do it too, though. Scorpion... "ehh". Not so much.

I don't think there's any realistic way we can get a good Carnage in the MCU.

And there's VERY LITTLE good Carnage material to mine from in the first place.

That's the problem with the symbiote characters. So much potential, so little execution over the years.

You could argue a lot of villains couldn't "carry" a film and it's not like many have in the MCU anyway.

It all just depends on execution and the script.

If Sony was smart they'd be coordinating with Marvel and holding off on the spin-off for the time being since a black suit Spider-Man in Infinity War -> Venom in Spider-Man sequel would get fans way more excited and make way more money for everyone than rushing out some spin-off to capitalize on the buzz of the franchise rather than the interest of the character. I could definitely see both parties wanting to get Spider-Man in Infinity War with all the buzz so far so hopefully this is the direction they want to go.

Film 2:
Senior year; Peter is an intern at the Bugle where he meets Brock who starts getting jealous of high-schooler Peter getting praise. The symbiote has many effects on Peter: as Peter, he humiliates Brock; as Spidey, he's increasingly violent to criminals, breaking bones and putting them in the hospital. Despite all that, Kraven engages Spidey, and Spidey nearly beats Kraven to death when Peter realizes what he's doing, he pauses, and Kraven shoots Spidey through the heart. Thinking he's killed him Kraven buries Spider-Man and kills himself. The symbiote kept Peter alive and when he awakes days later, he rids himself of the symbiote which finds its way to Brock before the credits roll.

Film 2:
Senior year; Peter is an intern at the Bugle where he meets Brock who starts getting jealous of high-schooler Peter getting praise. The symbiote has many effects on Peter: as Peter, he humiliates Brock; as Spidey, he's increasingly violent to criminals, breaking bones and putting them in the hospital. Despite all that, Kraven engages Spidey, and Spidey nearly beats Kraven to death when Peter realizes what he's doing, he pauses, and Kraven shoots Spidey through the heart. Thinking he's killed him Kraven buries Spider-Man and kills himself. The symbiote kept Peter alive and when he awakes days later, he rids himself of the symbiote which finds its way to Brock before the credits roll.

Sounds really dark, especially for a Spider-Man movie, but not necessarily bad.

I'd rather they hold off on Venom and the symbiotes though.

Sounds really dark, especially for a Spider-Man movie, but not necessarily bad.

I'd rather they hold off on Venom and the symbiotes though.

I want to see Venom looking fierce with some meat on his bones instead of being a malnourished palette swap. Directed by Guillermo Del Toro with a hard-ass producer. They need to build up to Venom properly and for real with the black costume, preferably after Infinity War in Phase 4. Make it as '90s as you can get before you hit Saved By The Bell, forget storyline, just a battle royale.

"forget storyline"

Two words I want nowhere near ANY film, let alone ones I have this much interest in.

:funny:

Back to wanting Kraven I go. "Laws of the Jungle" or "Thrill of the Hunt" would make sweet subtitle names.

i always wanted to see Mysterio in an spider-man movie!! especially with the special effect of Mysterio!!

other villians i wouldn't mind seeing are:
Kraven the Hunter
Chameleon
Hobgoblin
Carnage i wouldn't put carnage unless they do it with venom or after venom!!
Kingpin
Morbius, the Living Vampire

It's so hard to choose! I'm lucky, since Vulture & Shocker were my villain choices for the first film. For the second film, I'd love to see another classic foe. Mysterio would be great. I'd love to see Rhino again, done right this time, for an opening action scene.

It's so hard to choose! I'm lucky, since Vulture & Shocker were my villain choices for the first film. For the second film, I'd love to see another classic foe. Mysterio would be great. I'd love to see Rhino again, done right this time, for an opening action scene.

I would like to see Mysterio, if he is a sinister foe who relies on psychological warfare, rather then some campy bank robber.

If they want somebody to make their film debut maybe Mysterio,Kraven or Hobgoblin

While it be cool to see retreads of villains we've seen before (Lizard, Electro, Dr. Octopus and Sandman), I'd like to see Mysterio or Chameleon carry one movie with Scorpion and Kraven for another or a team-up movie.

Norman's ascension/transformation as Green Goblin I'd hint in movie 2 and then movie 3 he becomes Green Goblin and we get one that is comic book-accurate or close to the comics versus the two attempts Sony gave us.

I think a fun/lighthearted villain that compliments the tone of Homecoming would be most appropriate. I always wanted to see the Jackal utilized but it just wouldn't fit the tone and version of Spiderman they're using in these movies now so no to that one as well as storylines like Kraven's Last Hunt as just doesn't seem to fit in with what have going on now.

I think partial comedy where the villain is concerned would work best.

With that being said I think some fun characters to include would be:
1) Man Wolf and Chameleon:
Homecoming uses the vulture as kind of a damage cleanup team following the events of the Avengers. Perhaps, John Jameson's trip to the moon could be a sort of comical downscaling following the events of InfinityWar sort of as a reaction to maybe something was missed on the first trip to the moon?

Throw in an odd relationship with Dr. Kafka and there's an excuse to have a Man-Wolf running through the halls of Ravencroft (good way give glimpse of potentially other characters like maybe the Chameleon if he's ever been in there before escaping during the distraction) and perhaps even at the Bugle.

The movie will be very character interaction based; lots of 2nd guessing who-who (jameson switching back from man-wolf right when spider-man arrives and chameleon disguising self as John Jameson some examples).

2) Scorpion or Allistair Smythe:
Hired by J. Jonah Jameson and working with the local government to find and track Spiderman after negative publicity.

Last edited:
I want ned's father as the green goblin. Have him look like the comic book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"