Who supports the Stimulus Package?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really can't give a definitive answer on my stance on it. But yeah if Republicans are so against the plan, then they shouldn't take the money. I guess will see what happens. I am liking how much money colleges will be getting and also it's nice to see a lot of money will be going to renewable energy and environmental causes.

Are you kidding????? Did you not watch the news?????

People were totally pissed about all of this money coming from taxpayers to TARP. Are you kidding? Fox Business News is suing the Federal Government because they have not released public documents as to where this money went. No one said anything? Apparently you haven't been watching any of the Business news channels....PLENTY of people were pissed and spoke out against it.

Must've not been too pissed, because it didn't change anything and they still don't know where the money went. So they can be pissed before or after all they want, it's not like they did anything to stop it anyways, right?

Are you talking to me? Cause I don't know of any culture in which "Anita" is a guy's name.

Anyways, the oversight and bureaucratic structure needed to make everything fair for the "honorable" people will assure that nobody will bother. :oldrazz:
Well if you want to be technical, according to thinkbabynames.com Anita is very rare surname, it's also a derivative of Ann, which is a more common surname. You can never be sure you know, a Freudian slip or two. :o I'm on to you harisu :cmad:

Anyways I think what you cited is an oxymoron. But nevermind that, the crowding out effect is still a big problem. So if I wanted to pay my employees by getting a loan (which is pretty difficult now), with this huge spendulus, the government would take credit out of a system that is already strained. Thus everyday guys or businessmen who wants or needs to get a loan - things just got even more difficult... you see where I am coming from? You notice how people talk about deflation and the high value of the dollar? Merely printing money out of thin air does not cover the credits destroyed in the system from the string of defaults. This is where all the Ron Paulites are wrong, though ultimately inflation will catchup I admit. But not that soon.

------------------------------------------------------------

These stimulus and bailouts are making me sick to the stomach. It's analogous to the Superman Returns debacle. You had hundreds of fanboys justifying a Donner retread/pseudo-sequel over a fresh modern reboot cause Singer justified it. Then after me and a bunch of people kept warning how this would stall the franchise and creatively and financially unsound.... people kept saying "give them a chance" or "Donner is the best version"... suffice to say, Batman 3 is more likely than a Superman movie now. It's a silly comparison but this is how I am seeing this whole thing.... but on wide scale with dangerous consequences.

It's not going to be the end of the world, and while it is not perfect it's actually nice to live in a first world high standard of living environment. :csad:

Well if you want to be technical, according to thinkbabynames.com Anita is very rare surname, it's also a derivative of Ann, which is a more common surname. You can never be sure you know, a Freudian slip or two. :o I'm on to you harisu :cmad:

Anyways I think what you cited is an oxymoron. But nevermind that, the crowding out effect is still a big problem. So if I wanted to pay my employees by getting a loan (which is pretty difficult now), with this huge spendulus, the government would take credit out of a system that is already strained. Thus everyday guys or businessmen who wants or needs to get a loan - things just got even more difficult... you see where I am coming from? You notice how people talk about deflation and the high value of the dollar? Merely printing money out of thin air does not cover the credits destroyed in the system from the string of defaults. This is where all the Ron Paulites are wrong, though ultimately inflation will catchup I admit. But not that soon.
...I'm not sure what you're getting at with the name thing. :huh:

Anyways, this is undoubtedly a stupid idea, but what would be the ramifications of wiping the slate clean and forgiving all debts? :funny: Are people/companies/other countries REALLY expecting funds to be paid back? Are they calculating their budgets around it? The value of all monetary units are relative anyway - technically, most money doesn't really exist.

I don't know how much other countries are in debt, so I'm just throwing an idea out there. It seems like a whole lot of other countries are suffering because of the US recession so....what's there to lose at this point? :lmao:

Must've not been too pissed, because it didn't change anything and they still don't know where the money went. So they can be pissed before or after all they want, it's not like they did anything to stop it anyways, right?

Well, I guess we can say the same thing about this spending package.....caaaaaauuuusssee, it is about to become reality. :yay:

right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back