Infinity War Who will die in Infinity war Part 1 and 2

Scarjo has already been filming Avengers 4. Unless it's just flashbacks or an alternate reality, she isn't dying.

It looks like everyone has been filming A4.

I don't think any core Avenger is going to die in Avengers 3 - nor of course any one that heads their own upcoming movie.

Part of the reason Disney made a deal with Sony was so that his movies would be good again and they'd make more money off his merchandise. Having your character head a successful franchise means more money. Disney is always interested in MORE money.

This is why PIXAR kept making Cars movies, to continually feed and stoke the billions in merchandise.

Unlike SM and Batman, IM and Cap were not huge merchandise leaders pre MCU and so much of it is tied with their current incarnations - with a lot of the merch having actors likenesses (which they don't get one cent for).

Among the Avengers IM and CAP are 1 and 1A in terms of merchandise sales and the next is the Hulk who's not even close. Merchandise sales always rise when films come out and ebb between films. Avengers sales of merchandise now matches SM because of the popularity of the movies. Sales numbers even 3 years ago post Avengers were about 1/3rd of SM.

Now unlike PIXAR with Cars, the MCU isn't gong to green light movies starring characters they think people are tiring of to just push merchandise but is that the case here? It depends if changes are made if it's because actors want to move on or Feige thinks it's best for the overall long term health of the MCU. In one case they'll re-cast and in the other let the characters rest.

Yes, I'm aware of that. But like I just said, they're clearly already exploring avenues to continue merchandising these characters outside of explicit movie-themed incarnations. So if they do plan to kill or at least temporarily retire (and thus far stuff that has been said about Avengers 4 does strongly lead towards that for some of the characters; hence all the talk of there being an ending or sense of finality), they no longer solely have all their chips riding on the merchandising basket.

Whatever they choose to merchandise is not going to hit the highs of what they were doing with the movies, but like I said, the Avengers, like Star Wars, have expanded into so many other mediums by this point that there's still multiple venues to feature and promote these characters.

Part 1 - Heimdall, Cap, The Collector
Part 2 - Iron Man, Loki, Hawkeye

Vision just seems way too obvious for it to actually happen IMO. Can't see any of the Guardians characters dying as they are Gunn's characters essentially.

Evans has been filming Avengers 4 for 3 months straight - soon to be 4.

Feige had to get him to extend his contract for this film, just as he had to for RDJ, Hemsworth and I think Scarlett. They're all safe until at least the end of A4.

Evans has been filming Avengers 4 for 3 months straight - soon to be 4.

Feige had to get him to extend his contract for this film, just as he had to for RDJ, Hemsworth and I think Scarlett. They're all safe until at least the end of A4.
I could have done without reading that piece of information :(

Part 1 - Heimdall, Cap, The Collector
Part 2 - Iron Man, Loki, Hawkeye

Vision just seems way too obvious for it to actually happen IMO. Can't see any of the Guardians characters dying as they are Gunn's characters essentially.

This is true, but we know Thanos gets all the stones eventually. Whether or not Vision survives the encounter is definitely another story.

I'm not so sure Thanos gets are the gems....that's the very narrow, window of opportunity they get to maybe not defeat him, but withstand....either by him making a false move to do himself in or by not completing the Gauntlet or briefly completing it; but, lose a key gem that turn the tide of the battle.

The bottomline, he is essentially a Galactic God once he has them all....there really no intelligent way for him to be challenged at that point. It's like LotR...one Sauron seized the ring, the World of Man would be completely loss. So by destroying the ring, never letting him get, effectively prevented Sauron from winning.

I no longer think that Vision dies in this movie. I think that when he goes to Wakanda the Mind Stone will be removed by Wakandan scientists and replaced by the solar gem that he has in the comics. He will then be solar-powered. Thanos will eventually get his hands on the Mind Stone, but won't kill the Vision to do it.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: the only heroes who will die permanently are those who want out of their contract. Nobody else will die in a lasting manner ( ie, in a way that isn't undone by the end of the full story ).

Disney would still be pulling down that merchandising cash without Iron Man or Cap being alive in the movies. The Avengers are a veritable brand now with TV shows, video games, action figures, and apparel. That's not going to go away just because Tony Stark isn't actively appearing in the movies anymore. Look at all the Spider-Man merchandise Disney was still shoving out even when they didn't have the movie rights. It's why you can now walk into any toy store or department store with a toy aisle and find generally-branded Avengers or Marvel merchandise even if it isn't tied to a specific movie.

IMG_0296-600x450.jpg
Thor Looks inspired by his Ultimates rendition and that is clearly Fracion's Hawkeye

Here's an interesting theory. WARNING: THIS VIDEO MAKES TOO MUCH SENSE

People are really reaching on this whole Pepper death thing.

All bar one will die. Then they'll come back.

The only one I can see possibly dying and staying dead would be Cap.

Isn't she in Avengers 4?

Yes. But when Scarjo was confirmed to be coming back for Civil War that didn't stop people from theorizing Black Widow was totally gonna die in Age of Ultron.

Yes. But when Scarjo was confirmed to be coming back for Civil War that didn't stop people from theorizing Black Widow was totally gonna die in Age of Ultron.

Nothing can satiate the blood lust :woot:

Nothing can satiate the blood lust :woot:

You ain't kidding. I'm starting to think this is the only thing that will.

They all die. Squirrel Girl appears and defeats Thanos. Then puts on the Gauntlet and restores the universe. She brings back Coulson, makes Agents of SHEILD a bad dream of his, cancels Iron Fist, and prevents the InHumans show, then creates a movie set in the MCU called Venom making that movie both cannon and irrelevant.

Last edited:
You ain't kidding. I'm starting to think this is the only thing that will.

They all die. Squirrel Girl appears and defeats Thanos. Then puts on the Gauntlet and restores the universe. She brings back Coulson, makes Agents of SHEILD a bad dream of his, cancels Iron Fist, and prevents the InHumans show, then creates a movie set in the MCU called Venom making that movie both cannon and irrelevant.

Sounds like a genius plan. And then we can start the Who will die in Venom thread!

Isn't she in Avengers 4?

Yes. But that may be in a different, fake reality created by Thanos.

Why is the quick-witted, skilled Iron Man just sitting there giving Thanos all day to punch him?

That's the thing that people have picked up on. Letting his enemy punch him is not very Stark-like behaviour.

Why is the quick-witted, skilled Iron Man just sitting there giving Thanos all day to punch him?

Or he's just dazed and disoriented. You're making it sound like Tony Stark has never been hit in these movies before.

This is serious deja vu. I'm flashing back to when Scarjo was confirmed for Civil War and people on the Age of Ultron boards kept insisting it was only gonna be a dream sequence or a video recording or a flashback.

Last edited:

That's the thing that people have picked up on. Letting his enemy punch him is not very Stark-like behaviour.

Exactly...chances are, that's not him; but, Pepper.

Exactly...chances are, that's not him; but, Pepper.

Based on what? Saying Iron Man would be too fast to get punched by Thanos, therefore it must be Pepper in the suit, is an astounding reach.

Or he's just dazed and disoriented. You're making it sound like Tony Stark has never been hit in these movies before.

This is serious deja vu. I'm flashing back to when Scarjo was confirmed for Infinity War and people on the Age of Ultron boards kept insisting it was only gonna be a dream sequence or a video recording or a flashback.

I can't remember this, but I do remember Hawkeye dying in AoU and Cap/War Machine dying in Civil War were the big ones, despite logic and reason of contracts.

I can't remember this, but I do remember Hawkeye dying in AoU and Cap/War Machine dying in Civil War were the big ones, despite logic and reason of contracts.

People were really convinced Black Widow was gonna get killed by Ultron for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"