Infinity War Who will die in Infinity war Part 1 and 2

I think that's pretty clearly Stark's other hand. The arm is wearing the same fabric as the rest of the jacket he's wearing. Looks like he's just having a panic attack.

I don't see any of the main 4 dying in this one. Or anyone who obviously has future movies. I think Hawkeye is also safe, MAYBE not Widow. And I sort of feel like Gunn has his own plans for the GotG, so all of them are safe.

I think the perma deaths are going to be one or a combination of Bucky, Rhodes, Loki, Vision, Wanda, and/or Falcon. A4 will have the bigger death(s).

I think Loki and Hawkeye are goners and my big guess is Banner

On a side note.........

How do they keep this a secret till April of next year?

Will they be forced to film multiple deaths of characters so any potential leakers may end up leaking the wrong deaths?

If 2 or 3 characters are going to die in this movie they may have to film at least a half dozen "deaths" so some shady boom operator or assistant to the assistant editor doesn't blab.

And how about the cast? Can they trust even them to keep the secret? You going to film a death scene with Ruffalo around -- and expect it to remain a secret for 8 months!?

If I was them -- I'd bring back the entire cast -- even the goners -- for A4 and shoot some "pick-up scenes" just to trick them.

I can see Don Cheadle -- "Didn't I die in Infinity War?"
"That was just a dream sequence!"

On a side note.........

How do they keep this a secret till April of next year?

Will they be forced to film multiple deaths of characters so any potential leakers may end up leaking the wrong deaths?

If 2 or 3 characters are going to die in this movie they may have to film at least a half dozen "deaths" so some shady boom operator or assistant to the assistant editor doesn't blab.

And how about the cast? Can they trust even them to keep the secret? You going to film a death scene with Ruffalo around -- and expect it to remain a secret for 8 months!?

If I was them -- I'd bring back the entire cast -- even the goners -- for A4 and shoot some "pick-up scenes" just to trick them.

I can see Don Cheadle -- "Didn't I die in Infinity War?"
"That was just a dream sequence!"

Deaths will likely be shot on a sound stage, of course. And they did film that final scene in AoU with Quicksilver there, so I imagine they'll so similar tricks here.

I don't see any of the main 4 dying in this one. Or anyone who obviously has future movies. I think Hawkeye is also safe, MAYBE not Widow. And I sort of feel like Gunn has his own plans for the GotG, so all of them are safe.

I think the perma deaths are going to be one or a combination of Bucky, Rhodes, Loki, Vision, Wanda, and/or Falcon. A4 will have the bigger death(s).

Wanda is probably safe. She's currently filming for Avengers 4. unless Disney is trying to throw people off

I'm still wrestling, for my own reasons, concerning Mantis. Outside of her, I still see 4 major deaths, that again, have a personal affect on three of the main 6...Rhodey on Tony, Bucky on Steve, and Loki on Thor. Nick Fury death will have an affect on all.

Well because of the many Avengers 4 Setpics who shows the cast its too dificult to asume who will Die in IW i mean every from main shows up in those pictures except Thor and Loki in their modern time suits

I can't see Bucky or Falcon dying. Bucky's character arc is incomplete and Falcon seems too likely a candidate for the new generation Avengers. Plus, one of them has to take up the mantle of Captain America.

My picks are Vision, Loki, and War Machine and/or Hawkeye for Infinity War and Cap, Nebula, and Black Widow for Avengers 4.

I can't see Bucky or Falcon dying. Bucky's character arc is incomplete and Falcon seems too likely a candidate for the new generation Avengers. Plus, one of them has to take up the mantle of Captain America.

My picks are Vision, Loki, and War Machine and/or Hawkeye for Infinity War and Cap, Nebula, and Black Widow for Avengers 4.

Hawkeye is rumored to play Ronin in Avengers 4 and was scene in a Tokyo like Set so no he won't die in IW

I'll guess Ant-Man (Hank Pym) will possibly die in part 2.

I can't see Bucky or Falcon dying. Bucky's character arc is incomplete...
He could very well die saving someone's life (Stark's would be quite fitting), completing his 'arc' as a true hero.

Loki I can see. He's had a fair shot now.

Wanda is probably safe. She's currently filming for Avengers 4. unless Disney is trying to throw people off

Why would they let Wanda die? She's one of the new Avengers and definitely the awesomest one. :woot:

Honestly, Captain America and/or Iron Man dying is so expected at this point that I could see them both surviving and the major death being someone like Thor or Hulk. Otherwise, I think every GOTG is safe, though I'd expect Nebula to bite the dust. Ant-Man and all the other new Phase III heroes are safe as well.

But I still think Captain America seems the likeliest out of the original six Avengers not to survive. I think his arc in the MCU has felt like it has been building up to him sacrificing himself. Plus, Evans seems like he is ready to move on and since Sebastian Stan will still be under contract for several more films post-A4, they can easily have Bucky pick up the mantle.

I think there is a good chance that Iron Man will die, but I think his arc has been pointing towards Stark retiring and settling down with Pepper instead. I imagine that he'll become the elder statesman of the MCU and still make sporadic appearances, which I think RDJ would be game to do.

Hemsworth seems the most enthusiastic about continuing, but I would think that we wont probably wont get a Thor 4 in the distant future due to the focus on new characters. Though like my prediction with Iron Man, I still think he'll make the occasional appearance with the explanation [BLACKOUT]that since he is now the King of Asgard and is focused on its rebuilding[/BLACKOUT] as the reason why we don't see as much of him.

I don't think they'll kill off the Hulk, though in light of Ragnorak, I wonder if they're setting up for the Mister Fixit version of him. I don't think Black Widow will actually die as I don't see Marvel killing off one of their few major female characters. I think Hawkeye probably survivies as well, especially since they did the whole fake out with AOU.

Last edited:
He could very well die saving someone's life (Stark's would be quite fitting), completing his 'arc' as a true hero.

No, it wouldn't be fitting, since Tony tried to kill him and wasn't right in doing so. If anything, it's much more fitting for Tony to die, saving his life.
Also, it would be repetitive, Bucky already "died" once saving Steve.

He really doesn't need to prove anyone that he is a true hero. He is not responsible for the WS's actions.

Nebula, Vision, Hawkeye, and maybe some real background characters like Stellan Skarsgard's recurring scientist. They are not killing any of the original Avengers (minus Hawkeye), because they're all brands, even Black Widow to a lesser degree. If any of them "die" it will be like The Dark Knight Rises where they do not find a body and they can be recast down the road after enough time has passed.
I think the Russos and Fiege have made it very clear not only that they will NOT be recasting the current heroes and that they WILL be killing off some major players.
If any Guardians die its Drax, Nebula or Gamora. Those 3 I see dying. Thye cant kill Rocket, Groot or Starlord.

Yeah, I don't think GOTG3 is a guarantee on all of the Guardians living. I think Nebula is likely to get offed, not in Infinity War, but A4. Drax is also likely.

No, it wouldn't be fitting, since Tony tried to kill him and wasn't right in doing so. If anything, it's much more fitting for Tony to die, saving his life.
Also, it would be repetitive, Bucky already "died" once saving Steve.

He really doesn't need to prove anyone that he is a true hero. He is not responsible for the WS's actions.

If he was truly heroic he'd have killed himself before he could be captured and brainwashed again into murdering another bunch of people.

It makes plot and character sense and far more economic sense to kill off WS than Tony or Steve.

FYI - that contract Stan signed is a one way deal, Marvel don't have to pay if they don't use him. Additionally it was over 7 years ago so the De Havilland clause has kicked in, so he'd have to sign a new contract Just like all the other actors had to sign new contracts to make Avengers 4.

Last edited:
I think the Russos and Fiege have made it very clear not only that they will NOT be recasting the current heroes and that they WILL be killing off some major players.

Yeah, I don't think GOTG3 is a guarantee on all of the Guardians living. I think Nebula is likely to get offed, not in Infinity War, but A4. Drax is also likely.

Feige has said time and time again they he will James Bond these roles - and he specifically rferenced Tony Stark.

Death isn't a permanent condition in the comics Especially not when they're probably going to be getting into the multi-universe with Ant-Man.

Nebula - yeah I think that's happening especially since she was originally going to die in the first GOTG and if she dies helping to bring down Thanos it completes her arc since she'll about vengeance.

If he was truly heroic he'd have killed himself before he could be captured and brainwashed again into murdering another bunch of people.

It makes plot and character sense and far more economic sense to kill off WS than Tony or Steve.

FYI - that contract Stan signed is a one way deal, Marvel don't have to pay if they don't use him. Additionally it was over 7 years ago so the De Havilland clause has kicked in, so he'd have to sign a new contract Just like all the other actors had to sign new contracts to make Avengers 3.

I know you don't like Bucky, but it's not the reason to ignore the fact that he had already done heroic action when he "died" for Steve. If people think he should make up for 70 years of being tortured, then it's a victim blaming attitude. Bucky owns nothing to Tony after his killing attempt.
And if Steve were truly heroic, he would have killed Bucky in the end of TWS for the same reason. So should I stop deeming Steve a hero?
Steve was the one who let him go, so it was partially his responsibility as well as Bucky's.

I'm not saying Bucky is not gonna die due to Stan contract, that's not my point at all.

Feige has said time and time again they he will James Bond these roles - and he specifically rferenced Tony Stark.

Death isn't a permanent condition in the comics Especially not when they're probably going to be getting into the multi-universe with Ant-Man.

Nebula - yeah I think that's happening especially since she was originally going to die in the first GOTG and if she dies helping to bring down Thanos it completes her arc since she'll about vengeance.

Every interview about Infinity War has made it clear that this is the end of the road for the current heroes. I haven't seen any suggestion that they're going to recast, everything they've said recently has pointed to the opposite.

Didn't Feige actually say that he would take the primary heroes (for example, Iron Man), close off their arc and potentially reintroduce them via a recast actor in about a generation's time? I may be recalling this wrong though. (EDIT: Nvm, Joe Russo actually said this -- not Feige).

From a business perspective, they have plenty of characters they could turn into Iron Man-esque type money earners. You don't have to dilute the quality of the character by immediately recasting him for another sequel.

Last edited:
Didn't Feige actually say that he would take the primary heroes (for example, Iron Man), close off their arc and potentially reintroduce them via a recast actor in about a generation's time? I may be recalling this wrong though. (EDIT: Nvm, Joe Russo actually said this -- not Feige).

From a business perspective, they have plenty of characters they could turn into Iron Man-esque type money earners. You don't have to dilute the quality of the character by immediately recasting him for another sequel.

That's what I was thinking of, too. This is a world where GOTG is one of the top grossing superhero movies of the year. They don't need Cap, Iron Man, and Thor to make money, especially when the novelty of the whole brand is built on continuity.

Right now there is no character period who makes IM as played by RDJ kind of money.

It's also more than just the box office - it's $1b plus yearly in merchandise sold with all these actor's faces.

They wouldn't recast for the next film because they'll need to let that character get some what out from RDJ's immense shadow - and maybe some wiggle room if he wants to come back.

Likewise, they wouldn't re-cast for Cap or Thor any time soon because both actors have said if Marvel wants they'd make more films. The only reason then the characters would not still be used is if Feige doesn't want to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"