Infinity War The Black Order

I just found out that Carrie Coon voiced PM. This is actually interesting for me because I actually watched The Leftovers series.

Was PM completely CGI? Or did Carrie Coon don an outfit to be the character? Sorry, I'm a noob here!

I'm happy any time Carrie Coon gets a paycheck, but seriously what did they hire her for? She's a top-tier actress and Proxima was a complete nothing role. She had like, four lines.

The BO being portrayed as kinda weak pissed me off a bit.

Black Widow and Falcon getting the better of Corvus Glaive and Proxima Midnight kinda rubbed me the wrong way. Widow stopping a Proxima Midnight stabbing when she was laying on the ground and Proxima was coming in full force was weaksauce too.

I was okay with Proxima's death (because Scarlett With is powerful AF) and Corvus Glaive's death because of the way it happened. Obsidian and especially Maw's death were kinda weak.

Loved the movie but did they just completely waste the BO
Thanos being so great outshines this but still they were awful besides Ebony maw

Am I the only one who found Proxima Midnight pretty hot? You know, as far as 7ft CGI evil aliens go?

No? Just me then...

You're definitely not alone in this, mate. :ilv: I hope we'll see her again in Captain Marvel.

I still think they served there purpose just fine in this movie. They were menacing and provided enough of a threat for the Earth based heroes IMO. I just wish a little more had been done with EM since he is the obvious standout of the group.

EM actually had a personality. It helped him stand out even more in the BO.

I just found out that Carrie Coon voiced PM. This is actually interesting for me because I actually watched The Leftovers series.

Was PM completely CGI? Or did Carrie Coon don an outfit to be the character? Sorry, I'm a noob here!

Motion capture. They had an onset stunt women doing some of the action, stunts and fighting. So basically most of what we saw onscreen was like CG overlay.

For Coon, they used her voice and some of her facial movements for the facial motion capture. It does seem like a waste for someone who is of a more dramatic caliber. But she's a Thanos henchwoman and there wasn't a lot of time to really explore her personality.

Motion capture. They had an onset stunt women doing some of the action, stunts and fighting. So basically most of what we saw onscreen was like CG overlay.

For Coon, they used her voice and some of her facial movements for the facial motion capture. It does seem like a waste for someone who is of a more dramatic caliber. But she's a Thanos henchwoman and there wasn't a lot of time to really explore her personality.

Thanks, too!

Yeah, a bit more on the BO would've been better.

i wish 1 of them would have survived the film. Maybe even Proxima. She seemed like she could have been more of a Badass in the next film.

Since [BLACKOUT]all the Infinity Stones were acquired, the Black Order's purpose in the story was done. Some of the villains had to take the loss this time around, given the ending. Hell, for all we know, the snap could have taken some of the Black Order out had they survived to that point. If Thanos was willing to kill Gamora, his favorite daughter, I don't think he'd have a real problem sacrificing any of his other "children".[/BLACKOUT]

Let me ask this question.

Ebony Maw's powers were changed, which I think were for the better because of how cool his telekinesis turned out in the movie. Does anyone think the powers/abilities of Proxima Midnight, Cull Obsidian or Corvus Glaive should have been changed to make them more interesting or more distinguishable from one another? I for one would have liked that. Though of course Proxima and Corvus had different weapons, they didn't come across as very different in skill set.

Let me ask this question.

Ebony Maw's powers were changed, which I think were for the better because of how cool his telekinesis turned out in the movie. Does anyone think the powers/abilities of Proxima Midnight, Cull Obsidian or Corvus Glaive should have been changed to make them more interesting or more distinguishable from one another? I for one would have liked that. Though of course Proxima and Corvus had different weapons, they didn't come across as very different in skill set.

Yeah, more differentiation between the latter 2 would have been nice.

I hate they died in this film I really do, I don't just wanna see The Avengers Vs Thanos and fodder in Avengers 4.

I hate they died in this film I really do, I don't just wanna see The Avengers Vs Thanos and fodder in Avengers 4.

I will take that over Avengers v mind control Avengers stuff. Lord knows we have had enough of heroes v heroes stuff.

Are there any cool non-fodder bad guys that Marvel can use to be the new Black order? Maybe a powerful secondary boss fight before the final boss.

Yeah, more differentiation between the latter 2 would have been nice.

Like it makes sense why Ebony Maw would be one of Thanos' elite. With Proxima and Glaive they don't give much of a reason why they'd be considered that. They seem around the same strength as peak human with average abilities with their weapons. Maybe give Proxima heat vision or something
:pcg: let Glaive be able to stretch like Reed Richards :funny: just go crazy with something. Would have resulted in something better for those two.

Glaive's only ability seemed to be that the glaive itself could penetrate anything. While it's a good power, it's useless if it constantly gets taken away from him,lol.

Maw got 4 mins of screentime and that was enough for him to get in the top 5 mcu villains for me personally. He was exceptional, really wish we'd go more of him.

The actor who played him did an amazing job.

"Hear me and rejoice"

One of my favorite line in the entire MCU

I'm not completely convinced we won't see them again. Especially if Avengers 4 is all about undoing what happened in Infinity War.

Like it makes sense why Ebony Maw would be one of Thanos' elite. With Proxima and Glaive they don't give much of a reason why they'd be considered that. They seem around the same strength as peak human with average abilities with their weapons. Maybe give Proxima heat vision or something
:pcg: let Glaive be able to stretch like Reed Richards :funny: just go crazy with something. Would have resulted in something better for those two.

That could have been interesting. Wouldn’t have minded the heat vision from Proxima. I want the street level Avengers to know they are in a serious fight when they come up against these guys.

Glaive's only ability seemed to be that the glaive itself could penetrate anything. While it's a good power, it's useless if it constantly gets taken away from him,lol.
Yeah, an almost useless power when it can be used against him by anyone so easily.

Yeah same here. Maybe Thanos will have some other recruits for the next film. If not we could have a similar issue to AoU. Although at least Thanos himself is a huge threat, unlike Ultron.

What I found strange was that here Ebony Maw seemed to be the leader of the BO were as in the comics it was Corvus. I wonder why they changed that as EM was more of a wild card in the comics.

I began reading Infinity again just before the release of IW and the Black Order are so good in Infinity but are a bit disappointing in IW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"