Why are so many women getting tattoos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just remember the 10th Commandment.

Anyone is free to rebel....tattoos tend to symbolize aggression...typically not attractive in a woman...

1: No they don't. Most tattoos are of flowers or they're some kind of writing.

2: So you're saying that it's bad for women to be aggressive but it's good for men to be aggressive. Why is that the case?

Huh...to each his own, I say... (I've seen some gals pull it off nicely, and some not so nicely, but it's not my issue.) I gotta say, it feels like you have some sort of bias against them. You're equating the tattoos with morality and offense and such.

By default I'm not into tattoos all that much, but sometimes I see a gal and she rocks it. Case in point, I'm quite fond of a cosplayer/costumer named Freddie Nova. She's fun, friendly, gorgeous and she's got a lot of ink. I don't think that the ink "ruins her scenery" at all.

I'm not trying to dump on you dude. If they're not your thing, that's fine, but some of the things you're saying (equating tattoos with moral decay) is...eyebrow raising.

Huh...to each his own, I say... (I've seen some gals pull it off nicely, and some not so nicely, but it's not my issue.) I gotta say, it feels like you have some sort of bias against them. You're equating the tattoos with morality and offense and such.

By default I'm not into tattoos all that much, but sometimes I see a gal and she rocks it. Case in point, I'm quite fond of a cosplayer/costumer named Freddie Nova. She's fun, friendly, gorgeous and she's got a lot of ink. I don't think that the ink "ruins her scenery" at all.

I'm not trying to dump on you dude. If they're not your thing, that's fine, but some of the things you're saying (equating tattoos with moral decay) is...eyebrow raising.

By "eyebrow raising" do you mean "sexist and pointlessly judgmental?"

1: No they don't. Most tattoos are of flowers or they're some kind of writing.

2: So you're saying that it's bad for women to be aggressive but it's good for men to be aggressive. Why is that the case?

tattoos are about making a permanent, eye-catching statement...look at me..look what I've done to body that God gave me for life. Its aggressive no matter what the tattoo is.

2. I'm not saying aggression is good...just that its associated with men.

tattoos are about making a permanent, eye-catching statement...look at me..look what I've done to body that God gave me for life. Its aggressive no matter what the tattoo is.

So it's the harmless kind of aggressive that's actually good for people, you're saying. Because self expression is generally a healthy thing that builds people's confidence.

2. I'm not saying aggression is good...just that its associated with men.

Well, now it's associated with women as well. I don't see how that's a bad thing. And the notion that women should not be aggressive, even in a way that's generally healthy, because it's "unladylike" is extremely sexist.

It's amazing how uptight and chauvinist some people can be in this day and age.

1. Not everyone believes in God, so don't arrogantly push those beliefs on others. And even if there is a God, maybe he's down with the ink. How would you know? Maybe when you get to heaven you'll meet a heavily tatted God.

2. You could make an argument that anything is asking for attention. A new hair-do. A nice suit. It's bizarre that tattoos bother you so much. It almost sounds like you're envious of their carefree nature and willingness to experiment.

I like a girl with tattoos. It makes her look badass, but I would take her the same way without them so they're not a requirement.

I think tattoos are stupid for all, but they're pretty much associated with masculine activities/behavior. Read the title of the article I linked...women are now engaging in rebellious behavior just to make a statement...pretty unattractive if you ask me.

I think it's a preference. Not everyone gets a tattoo to make a statement. Some girls just like the artistic nature of it.

BTW, I didn't say anything should be illegal....I just said it speaks of this attention-****ing/defecate my body for attention culture that is poisoning this country. One out of 4 women have a tattoo? throw glob of ink on God-given body for heat of moment?

wtf-face-2crsqn0-300x251.png

Been there, done that. :o

I'm not gonna sit here and say it's cool for men to get tatoos but not women. Because I see no difference and who gets them.

Me personally I'm not attracted to women with tatoos. I'd rather not them cover up their nice skin with ink. I don't even care for the ones that only have a small one here and there. Cause to me if you are not gonna be a fan of tats it shouldn't matter how many they got. This doesn't mean I deem all tatoo women trashy or thugs. I just don't have a taste for it. It's just a trend and there is still quite a few girls that don't have tatoos so it's nothing to panic about like ''I can't find a girl without a tatoo''.

It's quite a turn off. But oh well.

Women put up with a lot of our crap, I guess I can put up with a trashy mark on their skin.

I'm not gonna sit here and say it's cool for men to get tatoos but not women. Because I see no difference and who gets them.

Me personally I'm not attracted to women with tatoos. I'd rather not them cover up their nice skin with ink. I don't even care for the ones that only have a small one here and there. Cause to me if you are not gonna be a fan of tats it shouldn't matter how many they got. This doesn't mean I deem all tatoo women trashy or thugs. I just don't have a taste for it. It's just a trend and there is still quite a few girls that don't have tatoos so it's nothing to panic about like ''I can't find a girl without a tatoo''.

Yeah, I don't think so.

I think tattoos are stupid for all, but they're pretty much associated with masculine activities/behavior. Read the title of the article I linked...women are now engaging in rebellious behavior just to make a statement...pretty unattractive if you ask me.

Why do you hate art? Sure there are some bad tattoos that are done really poorly, but then there are others that are truly works of art.

Why does it have to be about rebellious behavior? Just because you don't understand why people get them doesn't mean you can assume why people actually do get them.

And moral decay? Get real. I think you might be trapped in the 50's with this line of logic about tattoos, and masculine/feminine roles in general.

Leviticus seems to be the most intolerant section of the bible. They hate on gays, people with tattoos...

damage it does to your body...we need to respect our bodies and our health..

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/08/health/youn-tattoo-regret

Did I miss something? Is someone forcing you to get tattoos? Even if someone does get a tattoo they regret later, there are ways of covering it up or changing it to something new.

And again, you can respect your body and your health however you want to. Don't assume people with tattoos are disrespecting their bodies or health just because you don't happen to like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"