Guardians of the Galaxy Why can't Thanos gather the stones himself?

It actually doesn't have the Stones on it in Thor.

It does

thor-paramount-home-ent_480_poster-future-of-marvel-three-down-three-to-go.png

There's nothing that says those are the actual Stones, though.

Where is the quote from Kevin proving this was nothing more than an easter egg?

What else are they gonna be?

Anyway as per the OP... i think Thanos just likes playing the game. He doesn't seem flustered or particularly bothered by people failing or betraying him. He didn't even speak to Loki. He treated Ronan like a child throwing a hissy fit. I think he enjoys manipulating and corrupting these pawns, causing war and importantly, death, in his name.

It's all part of the plan, that plan is presumably honouring Death by sending souls her way.

thanos would want to impress death by gathering the stones himself. a sort of "look what I have done for you". not look what my minions have done on my behalf. thanos would want the credit and not want to share when it comes to lady death.

i think thanos will go after the stones after they are all introduced. that way we know of each of the previous owners failure to wield a gem completely. then thanos gets tired of his minions failing him, so he go after the gems himself. thanos is the only one who knows how to fully utilize the gems.

the collector in the movie knew more than the comic version collector. even though the movie version collector never names the stones. so it seems he is still not aware of what they can really do. he just knows the stones have great power.

Yea it wouldn't surprise me if they go that route. That only Thanos knows there full potential and how to use them in unison.

I don't think Loki fessed up to Odin before he was thrown in the dungeon? Why should he? He had nothing to lose at that point by keeping silent. :funny:

I'm not sure Loki knew Thanos was involved in his plans. Also everything with Loki would throw Asgard of the scent, since Thanos gave Loki the Mind Gem, that's not collecting.

thanos would want to impress death by gathering the stones himself. a sort of "look what I have done for you". not look what my minions have done on my behalf. thanos would want the credit and not want to share when it comes to lady death.

Except if we go back to the original Thanos Quest story, Death actually HATED Thanos for his quest for the gems and his attempt to pass it off as a means to impress her.

I'm not sure Loki knew Thanos was involved in his plans. Also everything with Loki would throw Asgard of the scent, since Thanos gave Loki the Mind Gem, that's not collecting.
I don't think Loki had the Mind Gem.

Except if we go back to the original Thanos Quest story, Death actually HATED Thanos for his quest for the gems and his attempt to pass it off as a means to impress her.

the fact remains thanos still did it for that reason. that was the ironic twist.

I'm not sure Loki knew Thanos was involved in his plans.

Yes he did. Remember when The Other was referring directly to him in conversation with Loki? "You question him? He who put the sceptre in your hand?"

Obviously referring to Thanos.

The first Thor movie.

It was established then that Odin was in possession of the Infinity Gauntlet

Although some people here think that the Gauntlet's appearance in Thor was merely an 'Easter Egg' that's been invalidated by subsequent movies.

Well if its not an Easter Egg then within the next phase of films they'll have to return to Asgard before Avengers 3.

Thor 3 or Guardians 2 obviously…

Well if its not an Easter Egg then within the next phase of films they'll have to return to Asgard

That's pretty much a given.

BTW, Kevin Feige has confirmed that the Gauntlet is in fact on Asgard right now, which further invalidates the idea that its appearance in Thor was simply an 'Easter Egg'.

BTW, Kevin Feige has confirmed that the Gauntlet is in fact on Asgard right now, which further invalidates the idea that its appearance in Thor was simply an 'Easter Egg'.

Really? Where did he say that? I'm sure you have a link.

I'm guessing he CAN, he just doesn't want anyone to know he's out there collecting them. If other beings, like Celestials or Odin found out, they may try to stop him. But if he has random people, i.e. Ronan, Nebula, The Collector, Loki, Gamora, etc. collect them for him, no one would be the wiser about suspecting and ultimately trying to stop him.

Just my theory.

This is my belief as well.

Yeah, the only Avengers (or any Marvel heroes we've been introduced to at this point) who might be able to go toe-to-toe with Thanos would be Thor and Hulk. Everyone else would be effed.

Not the mind gem

Then that settles it.
Doesn't settle anything. Link it or quote it. I thought he confirmed it as an Easter egg
Yeah, the only Avengers (or any Marvel heroes we've been introduced to at this point) who might be able to go toe-to-toe with Thanos would be Thor and Hulk. Everyone else would be effed.

They can't either I don't think

I really hope not. A galaxy-wide threat should not be stopped by just Captain America (IMO).

I don't think it will be just Cap alone, but I think the finishing blow will be dealt by him. It's symbolic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"