The Wolverine Why do I keep meeting people who prefer Origins to TW?

There are other things that connect the 2 Creeds like the fact that they both have the same healing powers as Wolverine (X1 Creed withstood multiple stabbings from Wolverine's claws and electrocution from Storm's lightning. Even though he was hit by Cyclops' optic laser blast and dropped from the head of the statue of liberty, there's no doubt that Creed still survived). Another connection is the fact that X1 Creed stole Wolverine's tags and wore them throughout the movie which shows that Stryker isn't the only one who knew Wolverine before X1. Any other person wouldn't care so much about Wolverine's tags but they somehow meant something to Sabertooth which means that Origins Creed and X1 Creed are the same person.

Did we ever see Sabretooth heal though? In any other movie when a character is introduced they make it clear what their powers are by either demonstration or exposition. Callisto was struck by lightning in X3 at Jean's house and got back up ready to fight again with no problem. Does she have a healing factor too? Mystique also survived being stabbed by Wolverine and she has less mass.

How can you say that there is no doubt that X1 Creed survived the fall at the end of X1? He's never seen or mentioned again after that. Why didn't he rejoin the Brotherhood? Why didn't he come back for revenge? If anything I'd say his absence indicates he didn't survive. If he was alive DOFP would have been a good time to bring him back. Since mutants are fighting extinction and his healing factor makes him pretty much immortal and all.

Did we ever see Sabretooth heal though? In any other movie when a character is introduced they make it clear what their powers are by either demonstration or exposition. Callisto was struck by lightning in X3 at Jean's house and got back up ready to fight again with no problem. Does she have a healing factor too? Mystique also survived being stabbed by Wolverine and she has less mass.

How can you say that there is no doubt that X1 Creed survived the fall at the end of X1? He's never seen or mentioned again after that. Why didn't he rejoin the Brotherhood? Why didn't he come back for revenge? If anything I'd say his absence indicates he didn't survive. If he was alive DOFP would have been a good time to bring him back. Since mutants are fighting extinction and his healing factor makes him pretty much immortal and all.

We've all watched Wolverine stab Sabertooth multiple times with his claws during the statue of liberty fight scene. We didn't have to see Sabertooth heal because the fact that he's still moving after each stabbing shows that he has the same healing powers as Wolverine. Just because we don't see Sabertooth again after X1, it doesn't mean that he's dead...in fact, noone in the X-men series ever stays dead. Nightcrawler was never seen or mentioned again after X2 but we all know that he isn't dead either so even if the filmmakers wanted to bring Sabertooth back for DOFP, he's not a member of the X-men nor is there any Brotherhood left to rejoin.

We've all watched Wolverine stab Sabertooth multiple times with his claws during the statue of liberty fight scene. We didn't have to see Sabertooth heal because the fact that he's still moving after each stabbing shows that he has the same healing powers as Wolverine. Just because we don't see Sabertooth again after X1, it doesn't mean that he's dead...in fact, noone in the X-men series ever stays dead. Nightcrawler was never seen or mentioned again after X2 but we all know that he isn't dead either so even if the filmmakers wanted to bring Sabertooth back for DOFP, he's not a member of the X-men nor is there any Brotherhood left to rejoin.

The Wolverine vs Deathstrike fight was fast paced too yet they still slowed down the momentum at times to highlight her powers.

The last scene we saw Nightcrawler in wasn't him being pulverized by an optic blast falling from the top of the Statue of Liberty. There's no reason to think he died after X2...

No one stays dead?

Excluding any unknowns due to the new timeline...

Henry Gyrich
Senator Kelley
William Stryker
Jason Stryker
Lady Deathstrike
Callisto
Quil
Psylocke
Arclight
Agent Zero
Blob
Wraith
The Hudsons
Kayla Silverfox
Shingen
Yashida
Harada
Sebastian Shaw
Darwin
Banshee
Emma Frost
Azazel
Angel Salvadore

Dead prior to DOFP:
Cyclops
Jean Grey

Presumed Dead:
Toad
Sabretooth
Juggernaut
Pyro

Which is also considered as a continuity error.

Ignoring it doesn't still make it right.

Most people probably don't remember this marketing that you're referring to where Liev is "Sabretooth". It's no where in the actual film. The film is what's canon.

Most people probably don't remember this marketing that you're referring to where Liev is "Sabretooth". It's no where in the actual film. The film is what's canon.

And yet he's still Sabretooth. Thats like saying we haven't seen Shadowcat in the film because they that codename wasn't mentioned in the actual films.

Buy a DVD or blu-ray of Origins, and the word Sabretooth is written at the back next to "Victor Creed". So should we ignore that too because its no where in the actual film?

The Wolverine vs Deathstrike fight was fast paced too yet they still slowed down the momentum at times to highlight her powers.

The last scene we saw Nightcrawler in wasn't him being pulverized by an optic blast falling from the top of the Statue of Liberty. There's no reason to think he died after X2...

When Sabertooth was stabbed the first time, he should've died instantly (like Jean in X3) but he didn't die. After the Magneto/Rogue scene, we see Sabertooth get stabbed again and he still lives. After Wolverine saves himself from being thrown off the statue of liberty, he plunges 2 sets of his claws into Sabertooth's chest but that monster is still breathing. Nobody can survive multiple stabbings but somehow, Sabertooth can which means, again, that he has the same healing powers as Wolverine. Just because we don't see Sabertooth's healing abilities, it doesn't mean that he doesn't have them since Origins: Wolverine didn't show Victor's healing abilities either and he's been shot and stabbed throughout the movie.

Legion said:
No one stays dead?

Excluding any unknowns due to the new timeline...

Henry Gyrich
Senator Kelley
William Stryker
Jason Stryker
Lady Deathstrike
Callisto
Quil
Psylocke
Arclight
Agent Zero
Blob
Wraith
The Hudsons
Kayla Silverfox
Shingen
Yashida
Harada
Sebastian Shaw
Darwin
Banshee
Emma Frost
Azazel
Angel Salvadore

Dead prior to DOFP:
Cyclops
Jean Grey

Presumed Dead:
Toad
Sabretooth
Juggernaut
Pyro

Well, thanks to Kitty Pryde's time traveling powers, every character you've listed has been brought back to life which is exactly my point. The only characters that do stay dead are the ones from First Class.

And yet he's still Sabretooth. Thats like saying we haven't seen Shadowcat in the film because they that codename wasn't mentioned in the actual films.

Buy a DVD or blu-ray of Origins, and the word Sabretooth is written at the back next to "Victor Creed". So should we ignore that too because its no where in the actual film?

I don't need to go and buy anything...I already own the movie. I don't get what's so hard to understand. There are very clear differences between Origins Creed and X1 Sabretooth. They are very different as characters and have different physical appearances. I don't care what the back of the case or some obscure promo image says. Anyone who has seen both films will notice these differences if they perceive both characters as "Sabretooth".

The comparison with Shadowcat makes no sense. If in X-Men Apocalypse they introduced "Shadowcat" and she was a blonde 18 year old that could walk through walls in 1983...then yes, I would have doubts that she is the same character that Ellen Page portrayed.

The fact that a codename wasn't used isn't the issue here. But it leads me to believe they purposely left things ambiguous so the other differences wouldn't have to be explained. They gave us the real names and code names for other minor characters in the film like: Silver Fox, Deadpool, Blob, and Gambit. Why not do the same for Sabretooth? He had a bigger role and was the only one of those characters that appeared in another film. He also looked nothing like his X1 counterpart who was a mute and moved like a statue. Origins Creed had personality and agility. He ran on all fours and could climb the side of a building with ease.

Anyway to reiterate I don't believe Tyler Mane and Liev Schreiber are the same character. Just like X3 Trask isn't DOFP Trask. Just like Origins Emma isn't First Class Emma. Just like X3 Moira isn't FC Moira.

I don't need to go and buy anything...I already own the movie. I don't get what's so hard to understand. There are very clear differences between Origins Creed and X1 Sabretooth. They are very different as characters and have different physical appearances. I don't care what the back of the case or some obscure promo image says. Anyone who has seen both films will notice these differences if they perceive both characters as "Sabretooth".

The comparison with Shadowcat makes no sense. If in X-Men Apocalypse they introduced "Shadowcat" and she was a blonde 18 year old that could walk through walls in 1983...then yes, I would have doubts that she is the same character that Ellen Page portrayed.

The fact that a codename wasn't used isn't the issue here. But it leads me to believe they purposely left things ambiguous so the other differences wouldn't have to be explained. They gave us the real names and code names for other minor characters in the film like: Silver Fox, Deadpool, Blob, and Gambit. Why not do the same for Sabretooth? He had a bigger role and was the only one of those characters that appeared in another film. He also looked nothing like his X1 counterpart who was a mute and moved like a statue. Origins Creed had personality and agility. He ran on all fours and could climb the side of a building with ease.

Anyway to reiterate I don't believe Tyler Mane and Liev Schreiber are the same character. Just like X3 Trask isn't DOFP Trask. Just like Origins Emma isn't First Class Emma. Just like X3 Moira isn't FC Moira.

Except Moira's name is mentioned in both X3 and First Class, Both Emma Frosts have the ability to turn their skin into diamond, and despite the different skin colors, everyone refers to both Trasks by their last names. Just because Origins Creed and X1 Sabertooth have different appearances, it does NOT mean that they're not the same character because need I remind you about the "Wolverine's tags" issue. In Origins, when Wolverine quits Team X, Victor watched him throw his tags on the ground and since Victor has been working with Stryker the entire time, then he knows that Stryker made new tags for Wolverine. When we get to X1 and we see Sabertooth wearing Wolverine's tags, that indicates that he knows who Wolverine is which definitely tells us that Tyler Mane and Liev Schreiber are playing the same character.

On an interview, Liev confirmed HE WAS ACTUALLY playing the character of Sabertooth that we saw on X1. He even mentioned that it was a very interesting character to play considering what he has to go through in order to end up with that animalistic look seen in X1. Youtube it, I don´t have the link though. I think it might even be in the Blu-ray extra content.

It is very clear to me that after Origins, Sabertooth continued working for the government, and I wouldn´t be surprised that he came back and work with Stryker again. They kept on doing experiments on him until his animal side took over the human side we saw in Origins.

I don´t see any continuity error on this. This is not a case like the two Trasks or the two Emma's. Heck, even the two trasks could be just a same last name coincidence. Since his first name on X3 is never mentioned, he could be a relative or completely unrelated. Emma from Origins ended up being credited as Kayla´s sister/Emma Silverfox. She never showed signs of telepathy either.

Sabretooth didn't die. He left the Brotherhood to join the Marauders of course.

Transformers movies have made over a billion. Is it really that hard to believe?

Moreover, The Wolverine did something most Hollywood blockbusters have forgotten how to do: restraint. The film is small and intimate. It doesn't have a save the world plot. And it is about building atmosphere rather than constant action.

Do you think the people that grew up on Bay's incomprehensible pile of goo are equipped to like a film like that?

That restraint made the awesome showdown even more rewarding for me.

Origins isn't bad because it didn't follow the comics. Orifind is bad because the plot sucked, the acting was over tthe top, the writing was amateurish, and the effects were poorly done.

Wolverine gets attacked because it tried to be a good story first and a spectacle second.

Wolverine is light years better than Origins on every level except amount of action. The problem for most people seems to be that it didn't feel like an X-Men movie due to the intimate nature. Origins is an embarrassment to the franchise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"