Why do people say Zack Snyder doesn’t respect comics?

He's honest and doesn't sugar coat anything.
What some people call honesty, other people call being unprofessional. Zack is typical of the toxic masculinity culture. Truthfully, there is nothing wrong with taking the high road.

He has every right to be mad at Whedon, WB and DC.
Maybe. Maybe not.
WB and DC have paid him a lot and he has provided nothing but divisive movies that underperformed. They are his bosses and he didn’t deliver. There is an even better argument that WB and DC have every right to dump on Snyder, but you didn’t see that publicly because those companies are run by adults.

What some people call honesty, other people call being unprofessional. Zack is typical of the toxic masculinity culture. Truthfully, there is nothing wrong with taking the high road.

Maybe. Maybe not.
WB and DC have paid him a lot and he has provided nothing but divisive movies that underperformed. They are his bosses and he didn’t deliver. There is an even better argument that WB and DC have every right to dump on Snyder, but you didn’t see that publicly because those companies are run by adults.

What Scott from Forbes said was very unprofessional and extremely insulting to Zac about the Snyder cut trailer.

Zac is very correct about saying he's making it for adults because thats what he does apart from his owl movie. He makes adult movies and in comparison to the Whedon JL Zacs cut will be like his other DCEU films. Not aimed at kids. The Whedon cut is essentially a Marvel film. Fun for the whole family. Zac doesn't make films like that meaning Scott said it just looks the same as before plus he did comment on a leaked trailer. Now thats a low move.
Zac has nothing to apologise for.
Zac ment Scott liked the Whedon cut which is far from a Snyder film and then there is this massive movement to get his Snyder Cut released then it gets approved with alot of hard effort then those fans finally get a big trailer thats all Zac footage and Scott just says nah it looks the same but with deleted scenes. Very unprofessional. Scott should of said no I dont like it. Not it looks the same but with deleted scenes.

As for getting chance after chance. He must deliver on something on the bosses side of things because he keeps getting work from them. Divisive movies are what Zac makes and WB knew this but still kept letting him make DCEU films. Now he just got more money to make his 4 hour Epic Justice League because there is an overwhelming demand for his Justice League cut.
He's already said he's working on this cut for free. Unreal. The man is a class act.

Zac has slot of love from his fans and this release of his cut has proven it.

Thats not the problem, he could have simply said "no it wont be in, no its not one of my shots"
But he goes "uh no that literally makes no sense" almost as if its and insult to even think the great Zack Snyder could have done such a scene.

When has done plenty of scenes that are way worse than this.

So the problem is that he didn't say exactly what you want him to say?

It's fine for people to dismiss Joss Whedon's dialogue, but if Snyder does it, that's just a step too far?

Nevermind that it wasn't even a Twitter conversation about a scene being bad, or whose scenes are worse, or anything along those lines. It was a conversation about whether the specific moment would be in his cut.

Its always the way he tries to get his point across, that comes off as if he thinks everybody is an idiot.

Except that there's nothing inherent in anything he's said that iundicates he thinks that "everyone" is an idiot. There was nothing in this specific comment. He implied that Scott was unprofessional, not an idiot.

Welcome to the world of Twitter 2020, where such conduct is now encouraged and celebrated. (Shrugs)

I'm, struggling to see toxic masculinity here.

Whedon is at fault as much as the executives. He hacked it to bits and rewrote entire scenes. He knew what he was doing to another directors film. People need to stop defending Whedon about justice league.
What was Whedon suppose to do?

He's honest and doesn't sugar coat anything. If he's got an opinion about his own movies and why he does them like he does then he can say whatever.
Whedon and WB/DC messed with his film and still stamped his name on it which got crapped on. I'd be pissed too. He has every right to be mad at Whedon, WB and DC.

Isn't this part of Ray Fisher''s complaint about Whedon? That he was bashing Snyder's work? So, what is the difference in situation?

Whedon is at fault as much as the executives. He hacked it to bits and rewrote entire scenes. He knew what he was doing to another directors film. People need to stop defending Whedon about justice league.

Its easy to defend him in regards to the film because he was brought in to do what WB asked him to do. They werent happy with Snyders version, Whedon couldnt rewrite an film and film everything from scratch. It was a lose/lose situation.

He doesn't want anyone else's material in his film. Most filmmakers wouldn't.
You mean his mini-series. :hehe:

Also, considering he agreed and signed off on the material, was the guy who told us his JL would be shorter and more fun, and had his name on the front of JL, it's very rich to say, "someone else's footage".

What Scott from Forbes said was very unprofessional and extremely insulting to Zac about the Snyder cut trailer.

Zac is very correct about saying he's making it for adults because thats what he does apart from his owl movie. He makes adult movies and in comparison to the Whedon JL Zacs cut will be like his other DCEU films. Not aimed at kids. The Whedon cut is essentially a Marvel film. Fun for the whole family. Zac doesn't make films like that meaning Scott said it just looks the same as before plus he did comment on a leaked trailer. Now thats a low move.
Zac ment Scott liked the Whedon cut which is far from a Snyder film and then there is this massive movement to get his Snyder Cut released then it gets approved with alot of hard effort then those fans finally get a big trailer thats all Zac footage and Scott just says nah it looks the same but with deleted scenes. Very unprofessional. Scott should of said no I dont like it. Not it looks the same but with deleted scenes.

As for getting chance after chance. He must deliver on something on the bosses side of things because he keeps getting work from them. Divisive movies are what Zac makes and WB knew this but still kept letting him make DCEU films. Now he just got more money to make his 4 hour Epic Justice League because there is an overwhelming demand for his Justice League cut.
He's already said he's working on this cut for free. Unreal. The man is a class act.

Zack Snyder makes moves for emo teens, edgelords and manchildren. He does not make movies for "adults". Want to see a superhero flick for "adults"?

Also am I missing something or is his name Zack, not Zac?

Last edited:
Color Snow, but I forgive you. We all know your country are still behold to your queen and her incorrect version of English.
After hours of labour, my neighbour and I relaxed by the habour to discuss the latest rumours, our favourite colours and flavours.

After hours of labour, my neighbour and I relaxed by the habour to discuss the latest rumours, our favourite colours and flavours.
pako3i1.jpg

When you are making a PG-13 big budget superhero flick meant to be a four quadrant film, arguing that you are making a movie for "adults alone" is a very bad argument, and actually shows one is very much out of touch with audiences and reality. As one who grew up watching T2 like it was the only movie that existed at the time, it also isn't an excuse for making a really crappy, really boring, really mean-spirited flick that fundamentally craps on the characters everyone showed up to watch.

I truly fail to see how being mildly critical is unprofessional. Saying Zack Snyder is a baby eating sociopath who sacrifices puppies to his dark god Baal would be unprofessional, not saying his cut doesn’t look as distinct as he’s hyping it to be.

Isn't this part of Ray Fisher''s complaint about Whedon? That he was bashing Snyder's work? So, what is the difference in situation?
I really hope that isn’t a big part of Ray’s complaint because if it is that is deeply embarrassing.

Snyder's version of what 'adult' is is exactly how you'd hear a 13 year old describe it.

Pretty much.
I still cant believe he really did bark at someone with such a incredible childish response.
"My movies are for adults" forking bad place man, have some self reflection.
Trying to be edgy isnt making something into "adult" material.

You mean his mini-series. :hehe:

Also, considering he agreed and signed off on the material, was the guy who told us his JL would be shorter and more fun, and had his name on the front of JL, it's very rich to say, "someone else's footage".

Signed off on what material?

What does the length of the project that was planned with WB have to do with not wanting someone else's work in this particular version of the film?

When you are making a PG-13 big budget superhero flick meant to be a four quadrant film, arguing that you are making a movie for "adults alone" is a very bad argument, and actually shows one is very much out of touch with audiences and reality. As one who grew up watching T2 like it was the only movie that existed at the time, it also isn't an excuse for making a really crappy, really boring, really mean-spirited flick that fundamentally craps on the characters everyone showed up to watch.

I don't see anywhere that he argued he was making a movie only for adults. Just because it's not "saturday morning cartoons" doesn't mean it's only for adults.

I truly fail to see how being mildly critical is unprofessional. Saying Zack Snyder is a baby eating sociopath who sacrifices puppies to his dark god Baal would be unprofessional, not saying his cut doesn’t look as distinct as he’s hyping it to be.

Commenting on an unreleased/leaked teaser publicly just a bit before it has been released, when you're a member of the media, is relatively poor form. And Snyder called him out on it.

Signed off on what material?

What does the length of the project that was planned with WB have to do with not wanting someone else's work in this particular version of the film?

I don't see anywhere that he argued he was making a movie only for adults. Just because it's not "saturday morning cartoons" doesn't mean it's only for adults.

Commenting on an unreleased/leaked teaser publicly just a bit before it has been released, when you're a member of the media, is relatively poor form. And Snyder called him out on it.
I don't think Scott should've commented on a leak trailer either but given Snyder's references to previous comments he made about his movies made it feel like Zack using it as an opportunity to take potshots at a critic he was bitter about. Regardless of the leaked trailer it was still a director getting into a petty twitter feud which is almost never a good look.

You didn't see Matt Reeves jumping down people's throats for commenting on a leaked trailer.

Oh, regarding the "for adults" comment he very specifically said this movie was for grown-ups. Zack made an R-Rated Superman movie, he's not terribly interested in making movies kids can watch. I don't care about that at all but I think what he meant is pretty clear.

I feel like this is pretty much the best place for me to voice my opinions on the new SnyderCut trailer so here I go.

The new stuff looks like it barely adds anything to the whole story. It's a bunch of shiny, good looking shots (to be fair it looks more cohesive than the TC), but that's it. Story-wise I think this is going to be the same thing. Paper thin character arcs, bad dialogue, etc.

Zack Snyder makes moves for emo teens, edgelords and manchildren. He does not make movies for "adults". Want to see a superhero flick for "adults"?

Also am I missing something or is his name Zack, not Zac?

I agree with The Dark Knight. Can't talk about The Batman.

Wonder Woman
is a children's fairy tale. And that's not criticism, it's s great fairy tale (not unlike, say the very best of Star Wars or Doctor Who), but what a lot people miss due to the harsh real life scenario it's set in is that it's a coming of age story where the heroine learns that, while it's true that sometimes child-like innocence is slowly eroded when it's thrown into the world, sometimes things as simple as love and empathy do have a positive, lasting effect on the world.

And Logan is, at least in my opinion a very, very juvenile movie that's ashamed of being juvenile.

I feel like this is pretty much the best place for me to voice my opinions on the new SnyderCut trailer so here I go.

The new stuff looks like it barely adds anything to the whole story. It's a bunch of shiny, good looking shots (to be fair it looks more cohesive than the TC), but that's it. Story-wise I think this is going to be the same thing. Paper thin character arcs, bad dialogue, etc.
The fact it is going to be four ****ing hours long is a death sentence. I cannot imagine it warranting such a ridiculous length, it's clear they just want to use every single frame of footage Snyder shot to bump it up to a miniseries.

I am kind of looking forward to more hilariously overwrought Terrio dialogue. Can't decide if Terrio is a genuinely crummy, awkward writer who got lucky with Argo or if he's just completely unskilled with big science fiction/fantasy work because it ain't his wheelhouse. I'm a little curious how much of what they shot is Terrio's writing, if memory serves it was being heavily rewritten by Johns during production and I feel like team Snyder would never admit their cut contains material by him.

Last edited:
I think the fans are focusing on the wrong things.

Darkseid showing up is cool, Flash time traveling is cool, Superman wearing the classic black suit is cool, etc. But I don't think these things mean anything at the end of the day. Like I said, they're good looking scenes, but I guess that's it. If the character arcs remain as shallow as they were on the TC, then this version is just going to have the same impact.

Imo the only thing that has the potential to make this movie better is Cyborg's new arc. But knowing ZS:
  1. We see his origins (out of chronological order because that's what grown up movies do).
  2. Cyborg is feeling lost and without purpose.
  3. He joins the JL.
  4. Silas dies
  5. Sacrifices himself to save the day
And this won't mean a thing because Snyder's definition of a character arc is shallow: character is suffering -> character saves the day and is no longer suffering.

Last edited:
The idea that if movie Jonathan has to die he should only die from natural cause probably heart attack, that is so much better or the best take on the idea that Superman can't save everyone, does suggest a lot of unwillingness to having anything too different from the 1978 film.

No it really isn't his fault. Joss did exactly what WB wanted him to do. WB brought him in because they wanted to avoid another disaster like BvS. BvS did well at the theater but the problem is the vast majority of the audience hated the film. Snyder was doing the same thing with Justice League that he did with BvS. It was going to be dark and depressing film. At least everything he had shot up to point where he stepped away was indicating that.

When he stepped away WB wanted to get the film away from Snyder vision and go a different direction. They wanted a film less like BvS and more like Avengers. Which was why Joss was brought in. They hope that he could bring the same success he brought to Avengers. They hoped he could lighten the tone and feel of the film.

Now problem is when Joss sat down and started going through what Snyder had shot there was nothing for him to work with to do what WB wanted. There just wasn't any footage he could use to lighten the tone and feel of the film. So he went to WB about getting more time and money to do a few rewrites and shoots.

I will defend Whedon cause will film is no where near the caliber of Avengers it was still a good film all things considered. He came in a the 11th hour did rewrites and reshoots and had a very short amount of time to do it in. He was really rushed to complete the film. So considering what he had to work with Justice League wasn't that bad.

If you think Justice League would have done better had Snyder had been able to complete it think again. The film did poorly out the door. It didn't do any where near as well as WB had expected it to do opening weekend. Especially considering it was a team up movie. The fact that it was Justice League should have made it an automatic win for WB.

You want to know why Justice league failed. Ill tell you why. It had nothing to do with Whedon. Even Snyder had finished the film it would still suffered the same fate. How I know this is because it under performed its opening weekend. The fact that Snyder name was still attached to it should have been more then enough to draw in enough people for it to have a solid opening weekend. Yet it didn't but why. Its because the major portion of ticket buyers had no interest in Snyder films. They saw the trailer and realized this will be just yet another overly dark and depressing Super hero movie. That's not what people want. I'm sorry but audience don't want to go see a dark and depressing super hero movie. DC is a lot darker and serious then Marvel is in terms of the comics but not to the degree the Snyder has done.

When your making Super hero film a director needs to balance what they are see with what the audience will want and expect. Audience don't want to wait five films to see Superman become the super hero he is in comics. Audiences want to be entertained and have fun watch a super hero movie. Its why Marvel has been so successful because any one and every one can sit down watch it and enjoy it. I'm not suggesting that WB make DC films to same caliber as Marvel. DC comics tend to be a bit darker and serious then Marvel but it's no where near as bad as what Snyder did with it. That's why Wonder-Women and Aquaman did well and where well received where BvS was not well received.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"