BvS new Zack Snyder quote implies WB forced Batman/Superman movie instead of MOS2???

It is no longer a MOS sequel at all is it?

Subtle bump,
bump.jpg

Cavill said its not a Superman sequel. That said, its a sequel in the sense that it occurs after MOS in continuity.

^^
What he said.

We're getting a solo sequel to MOS.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...e#.VQMg2Y5J1qD

And, in a massive expansion of the Studio’s DC Entertainment-branded content, Warner Bros. Pictures and New Line Cinema will release a slate of at least 10 movies—as well as stand-alone Batman and Superman films—from 2016 through 2020 that expands this prized universe of characters:

• “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” directed by Zack Snyder (2016)
  • “Suicide Squad,” directed by David Ayer (2016)
  • “Wonder Woman,” starring Gal Gadot (2017)
  • “Justice League Part One,” directed by Zack Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams reprising their roles (2017)
  • “The Flash,” starring Ezra Miller (2018)
  • “Aquaman,” starring Jason Momoa (2018)
  • “Shazam” (2019)
  • “Justice League Part Two,” directed by Zack Snyder (2019)
  • “Cyborg,” starring Ray Fisher (2020)
  • “Green Lantern” (2020)

We're getting a solo sequel to MOS.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...e#.VQMg2Y5J1qD

And, in a massive expansion of the Studio’s DC Entertainment-branded content, Warner Bros. Pictures and New Line Cinema will release a slate of at least 10 movies—as well as stand-alone Batman and Superman films—from 2016 through 2020 that expands this prized universe of characters:

• “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” directed by Zack Snyder (2016)
  • “Suicide Squad,” directed by David Ayer (2016)
  • “Wonder Woman,” starring Gal Gadot (2017)
  • “Justice League Part One,” directed by Zack Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams reprising their roles (2017)
  • “The Flash,” starring Ezra Miller (2018)
  • “Aquaman,” starring Jason Momoa (2018)
  • “Shazam” (2019)
  • “Justice League Part Two,” directed by Zack Snyder (2019)
  • “Cyborg,” starring Ray Fisher (2020)
  • “Green Lantern” (2020)

Nice :up: I wish MM was on there! :argh:

Well yes,WB got Snyder to change his pland and put in Batman.But it was for the best considering the reaction MOS got.And I doubt Snyder was very opposed to it

Even if MOS got whatever reaction it was supposed to get, BvS is still a better decision in this current landscape imo. Why sit on the biggest possible event movie of next year when the majority of other studios are throwing events out left and right.

Secondly I assume people do realize most studios mandate decisions for their directors in this regard. Especially over at the celebrated Feige system, not sure why it would be a downside in one situation but makes super sense in the other?
Even civil war smells not only of studio mandating but reactionary at that.

Thirdly this is all interesting given Snyder's other official quote explicitly stating he was the one that optioned batman as the next step. Though when that quote is talked about it's also given a negative spin in that 'Snyder cares more about batman than..etc' Can't really win imo.

I'd like to bring more attention to this new quote from an unnamed source from the superman homepage claiming Snyder said the following,

A Superman Homepage source managed to speak to Zack Snyder yesterday, and put to him the concerns of some Superman fans, with Snyder remarking, "It's too early for me to discuss the film. However, regardless of how I feel about Superman, ultimately I have to go along with the direction that Warner Bros. thinks is best".

If this is true, then WOW!

I can't understand why he would say something like this.
It makes me feel really uncomfortable about the whole this.

I realize the OP is a from a while ago, but man, if there was ever a quote that needed more context.

Marvin, where is your Green Lantern signature from?

I think BvS is going to capitalise on the concept, but at the same time, be a lot more than Batman and Superman punching each other. Remember, this film has to have the two of them joining forces at some point to fight a common enemy. They can't really hate each other too much.

Sure, you don't need to be best friends to have a working relationship, but I think you need some wiggle room. I think it's possible the confrontation between Batman and Superman is largely a misunderstanding, maybe mixed in with Luthor's involvement.

Superman thinking Batman is a criminal operating outside the law, and Batman cautious of Superman but not willing to declare him enemy number one. Maybe the fight is Batman testing Superman's resistance to various reverse-engineered technology, and to see if he's willing to kill again after his encounter with Zod.

I think this encounter can be handled more tastefully than people think.

Nah it's Zack Snyder so it's just gonna be two full hours of Batman and Superman punching each other and knocking over buildings lulz. Plus, 'splosions.

I realize the OP is a from a while ago, but man, if there was ever a quote that needed more context.

it's probably Snyder saying he wants Superman to win the fight, but WB is to far up Frank Miller's ass so they want Batman to win :o lol

Marvin, where is your Green Lantern signature from?
Hopefully the JLA2 script:drl:

Nah it's Zack Snyder so it's just gonna be two full hours of Batman and Superman punching each other and knocking over buildings lulz. Plus, 'splosions.
Funny enough I just saw AOU..
cbms have their quota's it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"