Why does Daredevil and Elektra flims not sit well with fans?

Jack Bauer

The Bizarro Jack Bauer
Reaction score
It's the PG13 rating? Fox 's campaign for the flims? Fox itself? Affleck? Garner?

That's all I wanted to know is why they don't sit well with the fans.

Daredevil mostly because all the good stuff got edited out by Fox and replaced with Hollywood crap. That's why most like the director's cut.

The directors cut is WAY better then what they gave us in theaters. FX usually runs the DC each month, I've seen it about 5 times.

Affleck surprised me. It was Garner that sucked. An' Elektra was borin' as bad place.

DD I like either version, but prefer th' DC.

i've got the director's cut for both films (and the original DD dvd).. I liked both, despite the flaws.. but I guess the "public" is another matter altogether.. plus, Ben Affleck and Jen Garner have hedged about getting involved in sequels.. plus they're married now-- and remember "Gigli"? forget putting them in a film together now..

I liked Dardevil and Elktra wasn't bad. Garner wasn't too good as Elektra and I didn't like Bullseye.

Fans dig the DD Director's cut overall...

It's the theatrical DD and both versions of Elektra that don't sit well...

Jack Bauer said:
It's the PG13 rating? Fox 's campaign for the flims? Fox itself? Affleck? Garner?

That's all I wanted to know is why they don't sit well with the fans.

Well as a major fan of the Daredevil and Elektra comics, I can answer you qeustion, Alot goes into why these films are "awsome".

Pg-13, These films should be Rated R.
Fox, Wow,where to start...:( Everything about them sucks!
Garner and Affleck, I love Garner as Elektra,Ben was a ok choice. However the fanbase for both these films are split 50/50. Some love Garner(like myself) some dont like her. Its the Same way with Ben Affleck.

I think a DD2 would work, Elektra 2, probably not.

Daredevil felt rushed to me, even the directors cut...which I did like much better. It just seemed like they tried to cram the entire DD history into a couple hours. It was OK, but it could have been so much better.

I didn't like Elektra at all. The story was OK, but there were so many silly things, like the fight with all the sheets flying around. Most of all, Elektra was too "fluffy" for me. The Elektra from the comics was a little more rough...mean.

I thought Daredevil was pretty good, the director's cut even better, didn't mind any of the casting decisions. The Elektra movie was just plain bad though. The first five minutes was Elektra, the next hour and half wasn't. The fights were horrible and way too short, the story was laughable. The character of Elektra isn't enough to carry her own movie, but Jennifer Garner was hot at the time, so FOX decided to try and milk that fame and failed.

huskerwebhead said:
Daredevil felt rushed to me, even the directors cut...which I did like much better. It just seemed like they tried to cram the entire DD history into a couple hours. It was OK, but it could have been so much better.

I didn't like Elektra at all. The story was OK, but there were so many silly things, like the fight with all the sheets flying around. Most of all, Elektra was too "fluffy" for me. The Elektra from the comics was a little more rough...mean.

To quite Frank Miller:

"Elektra is not a nice person. She may feel sorry about it, but she's stilll not a nice person."

Does everyone REALLY think the director's cut was that much better than the theatrical release? It was longer, sure, but it really didn't change my opinion of the movie one way or the other. All of the things I liked or disliked about the theatrical release were still there.

Well, let's see:

1) It had a sublot that made Matt and Foggy much more interesting and tied up alot of the plot holes in the theatrical release.

2) It got rid of that stupid sex scene.

3) Aflek actually seemed like Matt Murdock.

4) Bullseye's overall creepyness was fleshed out alot more.

I'd say it was a major improvement. There was only two things that griped me.

1) The overuse of CGI.

2) The fact that they called in all those cops and snipers to deal with two yahoos kicking the crap out of each other.

I didn't see Elektra.
As for Daredevil I've got mixed feelings. I didn't see the Director's Cut. I had no problems with the costumes or a black Kingpin. I think the DD/Elektra thing crammed into the film made it seemed rushed...they met, fell in love, then she 'died' in about 90 minutes or less. I think they could've done more with just focusing on DD vs. Kingpin. The positives: I didn't think Affleck was great but he wasn't as bad as I expected, some fight scenes were really good, and it wasn't really changed into a 'happy' movie to please the audience (I couldve seen them doing this)

elektra and daredevil were both good movies, daredevil was much darker than elektra. but the elektra film ripped off some things taken from DD (EX: typhoid mary) the whole making elektra sympathetic in the film failed she is a very dark and very self centered person not in the whole vanity way just the she couldnt care less for anyone else (matt maybe:confused: )
alot of the things that bugged me was elektra is out for vengence in DD but she dies why not just pop back into her normal life? she could have said publicity stunt, or she faked her own death to protect herself from her fathers killer. but they made her a really shy, really cut off from the world person which makes no sense at all. as for the becoming a assassin she says its what she is good at watch the bullseye Vs elektra fight and you think otherwise. DD was a good movie i liked everything about it, elektra had so many plot holes and so many stupid things in it (green smoke, flying sheets, stone killed by a tree etc.) as for casting Jen was a great elektra both times (she had to make the best from what she had in elektra though) but her in DD was great. affleck im not too fussed he was ok i guess.

Daredevil is a film that over time people will appreciate and like a lot more. I didn't mind the regular version, but the DC definitely ups the ante, and makes the film that much better.

I'm a huge fan of Daredevil, and thought Ben did a great job in the role. :up:

I'd love to see a sequel.

I thought the Director's Cut was an improvement, but the movie overall was just a disapointment to me. There were too many stupid scenes. The little fight in the playground between DD and Elektra was just sooo stupid. The scene when DD fought in the pool hall was a waste of time, too dark to fully appreciate DD's skills. Elektra being killed no comment needed there. Too many more to go on. As far as the Elektra movie goes I found it a mild surprise because of not having any expectations thanks to the DD movie.

SO what I'm hearing is that Fox mess up both flims with the PG13 ratings. The DC's of both flims are more better. The comic fans are spilt with Ben and Jennifer. I hope I got right.

Well I just saw Elektra for the first time. I was never a fan of the comic book, though I'm not sure if I gave it a chance. I must say though I really liked the movie. I would definitely see a sequel if there was one. I'm not sure why everybody hates it. Perhaps it's different from the comic book. I don't know. I know over in spider-man a lot of die hard comic fans claim the movies suck. I am a big fan of the spidey comics and I think the movies are excellent.

Personally I think people never gave Elektra a chance, its a good film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"